texasdyme

Nedd help deciding on this system

I need to install 8 cameras outdoor with networkable dvr for this customer's house and I would like a decent system but not too expensive where i can make a small profit.

This is what i've been offered so far from cctv factory, but not sure if it's good enough or not.

DVR6128TN-USB-CDRW (no hard drive for 500.00)

Sony UC9590 color waterproof infrared (70.00 each)

any suggestion on a better product would be appreciated.

thanks

wow...no one can help?

I need to install 8 cameras outdoor with networkable dvr for this customer's house and I would like a decent system but not too expensive where i can make a small profit.

This is what i've been offered so far from cctv factory, but not sure if it's good enough or not.

DVR6128TN-USB-CDRW (no hard drive for 500.00)

Sony UC9590 color waterproof infrared (70.00 each)

any suggestion on a better product would be appreciated.

thanks

Im sure someone will, when you say not too expensive, is this a budget job?

First you need to see what they can afford.

Then decide on the type of cameras needed, eg. BW, Color, Color/IR, or True Day Night.

Then comes what type of camera such as Bullet, Dome, Vandal Dome, Box Camera, PTZ, etc.

For example, in your first post, you mentioned Color/IR cameras, but do they really need that, as most cheap Day nights are just Color/IR and will not have an IR cut filter, and hence the color day time image will have washed out colors from the IR in the sun. A color only camera will have a fixed IR cut filter so the image will be better but may see nothing at night depending on the lighting situation there; again, depends on the camera used though, and the price does matter.

Also cheap color/IR cameras wont really put out any IR worth talking about, at least for outdoors.

So I guess check their budget, if you already know that, then move onto what they actually need. If there is always light in the area, then use Color only cameras, what type will depend on what they can afford and the mounting location.

Some jobs also require cosmetics to be a high priority, so that may also be something to look at - some cameras can be just plain ugly! Then there is the issue of wiring, instead of conduit on a wall you may need to run wire mold instead, and that can bring the cost up 3 fold.

Here is what is going to happend an i am talking from experience, You will install a cheap system make some money, Then they'll have problems. You have to go and repair it. there goes your time and money, not to mention you name. Use name brand stuff with good warranties something you know is not going to give you headaches.

HEY Texasdyme!

I have never used this DVR, therefore I cannot give you any information.

CCTVFACTORY sell AVTech products, and they put the manuals on their webpage. This gives me confidence that they have a tech support system for their customers. I have never bought from them so I still cannot give you any advice.

If you have faith in CCTVFactory then I would say go for it, and let the rest of us know how the install went.