pkoch52

Alarm via Email and FTP

Hi.

My AVTEC760 DVR (headache) send alarm via FTP to server 0(ZERO) size. Does not send any emais. Does anyone met this problem? Zero size of picture?

thanks

Hi.

My AVTEC760 DVR (headache) send alarm via FTP to server 0(ZERO) size. Does not send any emais. Does anyone met this problem? Zero size of picture?

thanks

Have you ever tried TM88 series? I have TM8816 that works perfectly!!!

Hi.

thanks

Have you ever tried TM88 series? I have TM8816 that works perfectly!!!

Do you sell the TM88?

Do you sell the TM88?

LOL .. I think they make it ..

Yes. We are Tmvideo, a manufacturer of standalone DVR.

If you will try some new brand, I would be happy to introduce our product to you.

Do you sell the TM88?

LOL .. I think they make it ..

I know. I'm just a little disheartened to see a vendor reply to a question with a sales pitch.

"Buy a new DVR" is not the correct first step, unless you are selling the DVR.

Maybe they will be at ISC West ? So we can all experience their "new , great, and better product". ? If they give out free beer at the sales booth , I will make sure I actually listen to their sales pitch, and not just nod my head.

Thank you RickA for the recognition of my website. I appreciate it.

I am completly baffeled about the 0 file size.

I cannot tell if it is a router problem, or if it is a firewall issue where a port has not been opened, or what it may be.

I am wondering if Daryl733, or if BurstElement may have some input on this issue?

Hmm... these features both work for me.

Does the FTP user you have setup for the DVR have both write and modify privelages on the FTP?

Also what firmware version are you running? (Can be seen through the network AP)

Having played around with creating my own Email Client and SMTP Relay Server (and get this, in VBScript, and yes, it actually works!! - to a degree), I have seen this before with attachments.

Typically it would be an error in the Email client code though, so I would imagine the problem has to do with the DVR itself.

Ofcourse it could be something else, such as the SMTP server or even the incoming email server, but basically its like this:

The Email Client takes the attachments (in this case the DVR takes the image), converts to base64, which gives you a bunch of text in the Body of the email such as this: (see the header, then the image following that)

--------------------------------

------=_NextPart_001_03D9_01C861C7.74E351E0

Content-ID:

Content-Type: image/jpeg;

name="image001.jpg"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Content-Disposition: attachment;

filename="image001.jpg"

/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAgAAZABkAAD/7AARRHVja3kAAQAEAAAAPAAA/+4ADkFkb2JlAGTAAAAAAf/b

AIQABgQEBAUEBgUFBgkGBQYJCwgGBggLDAoKCwoKDBAMDAwMDAwQDA4PEA8ODBMTFBQTExwbGxsc

Hx8fHx8fHx8fHwEHBwcNDA0YEBAYGhURFRofHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8f

Hx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8fHx8f/8AAEQgARwGqAwERAAIRAQMRAf/EAKcAAAMAAwEBAQAAAAAAAAAA

AAADBAECBQYHCAEBAQEBAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAQACAwQFBhAAAQIEAgUHCQUEBwcFAAAAAQIDABEE

BRIGITFR0VJBkSKS0hMHYXGBsVOTFBUWoTJCI1TBYnII4YKy4jNzRPDCQ4N0lBej0yQ1RREBAAIB

etc etc ... the amount of this depends on the size of the attachment.

---------------------------------

Now, if you are receiving an email, that means it is being sent. If there is an error while encoding the image then you should not even receive the email. It should not send an empty attachment, though that is possible if they dont do proper error checking.

It would appear that either the Email Client (DVR) is not encoding the attachment properly or there is an error during encoding it. Yet it is still sending the message, even with the attachment header but nothing there. If it gets interupted there still should be something, even if its not a complete image; not just 0 bytes. Using the above as an example, that is just part of an image, so it would still say something like 388 bytes, even if you cant view the image it sends (corrupt image-invalid).

It is possible that it cannot read the image properly to encode it, such as the hard disk is bad, or there is no disk space left to save a temp file (if it works that way in their case), or its trying to send too many images at the same time.

Anyway, something to consider.

Whoops, just noticed he is getting 0 bytes on the FTP server, not email, anyway will leave the above message incase it is useful for something.

I havent played around with FTP yet but having worked with code for uploading via HTTP Im sure it is not far off. Sounds like an FTP Server issue in that case, not the DVR. Check for logs if you can.

I'm sorry, but if you want to advertise your products, then PAY FOR A BANNER!!! it's the least you can do and it doesn't cost much.

http://www.cctvforum.com/advertise.php

You don't have to speak with a sales pitch. I won't try to give any cost here, I have more other choice. Thank you. How about your business?

Whoops, just noticed he is getting 0 bytes on the FTP server, not email, anyway will leave the above message incase it is useful for something.

I havent played around with FTP yet but having worked with code for uploading via HTTP Im sure it is not far off. Sounds like an FTP Server issue in that case, not the DVR. Check for logs if you can.

FTP uses two ports - a Control port (for sending intructions and receiving status messages) and a Data port (opened on the fly for filke transfers).

It could be a firewall issue with the control port functioning normally but the data port not being opened correctly.

I'd check the firewall logs for blocked data from the DVR's IP address. Possibly check the firewall config to see if the DVR's IP is in the 'trusted' portion of the network, and to ensure that FTP Server is allowed through the firewall.

Oh, and try sending to a different FTP server as a test.