Geovision on a Blackberry world edition

So I have a customer who wants to be able to view his cameras on his new Blackberry world Edition phone. I know the phone is 3G capable and geovision has a 3G software package, but I can't test it. Anyone tried this?

This may not be what he is looking for but I can bring up my Cameras on my Blackberry Pearl. It is not live streaming video but I get a picture of what is going on and to tell you the truth I am not going to want to sit and watch my small cell phone screen with a live video. usually if I need to check a snapshot is all I need or I can connect through a remote PC somewhere and see a live streaming view. If they want to see a live streaming view then tell them they need another phone for that as far as I know the blackberry is not built for that. I got mine for the Email ability and Sync ability with MS Outlook and my Business apps. That is where the blackberry is Tried and true.

Matt

Dear All,

Unfortunately, we have limited support for blackberry cellphone..

Eventhough blackberry can use JPeg mode to view the cameras but the live performance in the cellphone isn't as good as other non-blackberry cellphone..

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

With the large number of Blackberyy users out there, I think you should really develop a program that will allow the cameras to be viewed by a Black berry.

I agree that there should be a Blackberry client, as I get requests all the time. I think that there should be an Iphone client as well, as many people are buying them.

There should also be a Mac client webpage.

Dear All,

For blackberry....

I haven't heard anything new..

For iphone....

GeoVision is working on iphone at this stage...

version 8.2 doesn't support iphone yet...

Sorry for all the inconvenience...

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

v8.2 has a new login page for mobiles, add /phonepwd.htm to your address. Also, I find Opera Mini works much better on Blackberrys than the built in browser, it holds passwords and logs in a lot quicker.

Hi there,

anything new with support on blackberry ?

I have many costumers, they want live pictures on blackberry.

So is it possible or not ?

Thanks

Greetings

i watch Geo remote video on my Eee PC 7" Laptop .. nice and smooth and fast too .. anything smaller than that I might as well just pick up the TV remote watch TV and retire .. cause thats just the perfect size

The new Gview V2 on some of the smart phones actually works quite wel. Fliud and good quality.

Would someone who can view an image on the blackberry please explain how? I don't need streaming. Just a snapshot would be great.

Thanks,

Will

I have seen Gview V2 work well on two different blackberry phones from sprint. I do not know what model numbers. It work on the original phone and the replacement phone after the original was dropped in the toilet

Dear Olafak,

I am really suprise that Blackberry works with Geo...

If possible, please provide me with following information.

1. The Blackberry Model number..

2. GeoVision software version.

3. Which application did you use? MSView, SSView?

4. Are you 100% sure about Blackberry in remote view?

Thank you...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

I called to confirm (as I almost did yesterday before I posted) and I owe you an apology! I will double check my information and recollection before I post again! While he did have a Blackberry, he also had a Treo that he used for his remote access. Sorry for my incorrect recollection! I realize NO information is better than BAD information, and will post with more discretion in the future.

Dear All,

For blackberry....

I haven't heard anything new..

For iphone....

GeoVision is working on iphone at this stage...

version 8.2 doesn't support iphone yet...

Sorry for all the inconvenience...

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Hi Andy Chen, So If you are saying the iphone works at this stage, how i do to work on safari iphone?, o how i able to monitor the camera from iphone?, i need to install some software?, can you tell me this?

Best Regards.

Dear all,

Can anyone provide me with a list of popular blackberry cellphone models? GeoVision would like to get one or two for testing...

Thank you for all your feedback.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 extension 287

While we are on the subject , I have a "HTC Touch Cruise" (P3650), but can't get that thing to work with Geo. if anyone knows the correct procedure, pleeeeease let me know.