rory

Coming to America

Uh, last I check Melbourne and Cocoa Beach was on the same coast as Miami Beach.

It's only a 2 hour drive! Shesh!

2 hours by taxi is alot of change!

Melbourne to Miami in 2 hours?

If my map is correct and brain is functioning properly:

Floridians drive 90 mph?

Whats a shock? Everyone that drives I95 drives between 80-90mph, the extreme brave ones drive 100+ all the time.

My average speed is 85mph. If you go any slower you could get plowed by other drivers, and yes that does include the semi's!

Maybe Scorpion or Khandurian could drive you around as a welcome to America gesture

HAH! Our driving would scare the (censored) out of him!

well im here guys, Miami Beach, lots of good looking females

Anyway, went to Aventura Mall today and that alone took like 30-45 minutes each way, on the bus ofcourse, but lots of traffic still.

By jove no way Im taking the bus way up north!

And taxi's them seem to charge a fortune also

Welcome to the States Rory, hope you get to enjoy your time here, and I have to be up north now, Ohio, maybe I can get the chance to visit the Bahama's, if I can persuade the company that we have business there.....

Im back .. really tired from all the buses and walking around malls and this and that .. next time will get a hotel closer to the stores .. anyway .. and oh yeah, felt like I was in South America with all the non stop spanish!!

One of the front desk receptionists directed me to another mall, ended up being in what seemed to be a little Jamaica area of Miami, bag full of payless shoes and office depot gear and a pocket full of money waiting for a bus .. yep wont do that again!! Otherwise guess the area wasnt that bad cause if that was here I would have surely been robbed!! All the gangstas and the car washing on the side of the road as well as the Jamaican eateries everywhere you turn .. Cool , felt right at home

Also, Miami beach isnt cheap, even McDonald's was $1 more than here!

Rory get yourself a hit of that cuban coffee....keep ya movin thru all those malls....Im headin back to sunny fla (lauderdale) back to my cancer center in a couple of weeks....hope the weather stays nice...enjoy your trip regards

Well I'm a nice fellow why don't you stop in Iceland in your way to Florida... I have a special ptz that I want you to look at.

DSC00002.JPG.b7fa6d4a9eb460e58d675f8c8bd826ac.JPG

thanks guys .. yeah thats too cold for me right now .. and lolo hope all is well?

When I said Im back guys, I meant Im back in the Bahamas

also was getting ready to take scorpion up on his dog house, my first room (had them move me to another one) had water pouring down from the ceiling right outside my door (busted sprinkler system probably) all day and night, then there was a jewish convention and that was right across from the door of my first room also .. lots of noise needless to say .. anyway they moved me to another old room on the 5th floor but at least it didnt have those problems, it just had a toilet that moved, dirty carpets, a TV that when you turned it on the volume always went up to max, and one of the beds sunk right down on one side (luckily there were 2 beds!), otherwise it was fine

Basically, other than a few hundred a night hotels, which there are a couple it seems, that Miami Beach strip is full of broken down old hotels, many which have been closed and or are under renovation. Plus the one I was at was quite a distance from most basic stores so had to keep using buses or taxis.

Next trip will go further north (scorp, dog house still available? perhaps the kitten litter box? )

I feel really bad!

It sounds like you really did not get to enjoy America, and all that it has to offer!

It sounds like you really did not get to enjoy Miami, and it's night life!!

Forget the taxis!! Just stay in the hotel's bar/nightclub! There are many things to do to keep you entertained!

1 Slap the biggest dude in the face open handed so that everyone in the bar can hear the smack!

2 Sit down at the table full of women having girls night out/ Bachorlette party, and act like you own the table!

3 Walk up to a foreigner lady, and ask her if she has any American in her? When she says no tell her "would you like to for an hour"?

No?

How about some bar tricks?

This is my favorite!!!

First you brag about this trick that you can do to the people sitting around you. After you have some excitment raised about this trick, and some people are interested in seeing it, you then raise the bar by getting people to place a bet that you cannot do it!!

You will have to practise this before you show off.

Here is what you do. Ask the person next to you if you can use their pack of cigarettes. Make sure all of the cigarettes are to one side of the pack. If it is a new pack then take some out. You need at least enough room to be able to stick your finger in to the pack. Take one cigarette, and lay it across the top of the pack. Leave just the butt hanging off the end. Now take your finger, and come straight down on the butt part. You will have to rotate your finger at the same time so that the cigarette flips up, and falls back in to the pack!!

Now that you have the pack set up, and showed what you are going to do, and you still have not got any bets going from the pack owner, then tell them that they only have to put up $1.00, and you will put up $10.00!

When they finally put a $1.00 bill down, then get your finger in action! DO NOT FORGET TO ROTATE YOUR FINGER WHEN YOU STRIKE IT!!

Do a couple of warm up strokes before you actually do this trick!!

Smash the pack of cigarettes with the side of your hand karate style, and then slide the $10.00 bill towards them, and tell them "CONGRADULATIONS! YOU WIN"!!!

LOL! I love doing this trick!!

Some people take it in stride, and some people will want to kill you over their smashed pack of cigarettes!

Now stand back, and listen to the astonishment of the crowd!!

LOL let me try that right now on my ciggies .. nahh

Hotel bar was .. cough .. had a cheeseburger from there one night but that was it .. looked okay and all but remember I stopped drinking 1 year ago plus stopped the drinking in bars thing a few years back when i got into the late night software gigs.

I got a taste of Miami though .. well America .. well a lot of South America too

Running around the mall this morning (well last couple days) .. I wish I had more time (and more money!). Its amazing what is there in things as simple to most Americans as Sears and Macy's .. in fact Office Depot even impressed me .. except there were no REAL computer parts (mobos, CPUs, etc) there but they did have alot of accessories you cant get here, or what costs 10 times the price here.

I could spend alot of time (and money) in all of those types of Stores. I saw a walmart in the other mall but due to being bogged down with a large bag already and a backpack full of tennis shoes could not check it out .. thats the place I was waiting for the bus wondering when i was going to get robbed!

Wasnt overly impressed with what little CCTV i saw there .. some bullet cameras here and there, some domes, Sears etc had some more expensive looking domes but dark covers so I know it was crap (or at least could have been better) and the mall itself mostly had alot of wall mount camera housings (looked similar to Batco - elevator type). Airport had old Pelco housings everywhere, huge ones, so more than likely alot of old hardware. Crap, my Hotel didnt even have CCTV at all!!

On the plus side I got one of these

http://www.simpletech.com/parts/spu25120b.htm

Quick question, are Buses allowed to run the red light now in the US?

Cause the ones I rode ran the red lights straight through and just beeped their horns at other drivers!!

and just for grins and giggles, a few photos

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach1.bmp

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach2.bmp

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach3.bmp

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach4.bmp

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach5.bmp

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach6.bmp

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach7.bmp

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/mia/miamibeach8.bmp

Malls typically have **** for CCTV from what I have seen. Likewise for Office Depot... least the ones near me.

Had you gone to a Target store, you'd have been impressed by the CCTV.

And I can't believe you saw "The Wal-Mart", the icon of American consumerism and world conglomorate corporations.... and didn't partake!

Beach looks nice, except for the big rain clouds. Miami... not so nice, too many damn people, way to crowded.

Glad you had a safe trip Rory.