GramUK

Avtech 761 image quality

Think ya overwhelmed him with the questions? Scared him off

Overwhelmed meh ? 3 questions only......

Still waiting leh... haa...................................

this is entry level dvr..

I have play with 760 model.. It's ok

I have sold two so far

I think some customers might complain about quality but u get what u paid for..

I sold a few G4-760 which is the same machine. It is a very good responding triplex machine however the picture quality from the recorded video is less than satisfactory. If your cameras have closeup views and adequate lighting you may be able to get by with this machine.

Apart from the same old poor quality which was the start of this thread the unit has started falsly detecting movement and starting the recording.

In the motion set up screen you can see random blocks of motion detected (even on a static background) - so I've given up on this unit completely. Yes, I could send it away for repair but really it's not worth the hasstle. Conclusion - I've spent 145.00 on the unit and another 95.00 on the SV-35 hard drive that went into it. But I've learned a LOT and it has introduced me to the world of digital CCTV / networking etc.

Now researching Geovision DVR capture cards for the PC...... and so my learning goes on and on and on.....

PS> Thanks Kevinhm from AVTECH for offering support, but the claimed "crystal clear images" from the recorded content is really not there in this product and I suspect this applies to the complete range and am unwilling to pay the price to find out. However it was nice of you to offer support and I appreciate that.

Thanks to all others for input. Have a good'n

I'm sure I'll end up in the "capture card" forum!

Cheers

Graeme.