Lou19

Megapower LT reboots randomly

Hello everyone,

I have an American Dynamics Megapower LT that recently began rebooting itself randomly. I have tried a new power supply, but no change. It would not be a big problem except I have to reset all the monitors to their proper tours and cameras every time. That is a big PITA. I have an inquiry with AD, but I come here for real world experience.

Thanks,

Lou

OIF VET

"Misfits"

Hello everyone,

I have an American Dynamics Megapower LT that recently began rebooting itself randomly. I have tried a new power supply, but no change. It would not be a big problem except I have to reset all the monitors to their proper tours and cameras every time. That is a big PITA. I have an inquiry with AD, but I come here for real world experience.

Thanks,

Lou

OIF VET

"Misfits"

You have done exactly what anyone will do - change the power supply first... Chances are very good that one of the cards or even the main board could be damaged... Normally when we have a problem with similar system, we do not even waste any time to talk to tech support - they will not be able to make your problem to go away Rather we request RMA to send such system back for repairs...

Basically not much you can do with this system for repairs... So far we tried to perform some repairs on similar systems, but AD does not share any information nor any parts except in limited basis and when such system is out of warranty.....

What I will suggest is to double check the power connections to this box and make sure that nothing is loose inside of the cage... otherwise, the quickest way to get it fixed is to send it in for repairs... and hope that it still is under warranty... Otherwise, the cost for such systems are fairly low to purchase brand new...

CCTV_S,

My last ditch effort, after speaking with an AD tech, is to use a BPS to insure my power is clean and not fluctuating. I find it hard to believe the unit is that power sensitive. Anyway, I will also pull it and inspect the board for signs of loose connection or heat.

Thanks,

Lou

OIF VET

"Misfits"

PS – Do you have any Ultra Intellex restore disks 4.0?

CCTV_S,

My last ditch effort, after speaking with an AD tech, is to use a BPS to insure my power is clean and not fluctuating. I find it hard to believe the unit is that power sensitive. Anyway, I will also pull it and inspect the board for signs of loose connection or heat.

Thanks,

Lou

OIF VET

"Misfits"

PS – Do you have any Ultra Intellex restore disks 4.0?

AD-Tech are ok people and they have to follow certain guidelines and most of the time they are good... In some cases, well, training is what is missing or better yet, hands on experience not avail... Thus they have no choice but to give you what someone else wrote on the paper... rather knowing exactly how to fix anything... In generally speaking, they do good job overall...

I do not think it is your power causing the problem... If it did, then you should have had the problem immediately after you installed first time.. so do not waste your money on BPS...

You did not clarify if this unit is under warranty or not... If it is under warranty, they have to fix it.. If you still in touch with the dealer who sold it, then they can make the arrangement. Otherwise, let me know, and I can help.

CD sets for Ultra Intellex is not a problem to get, how to use it can be, well serious pain...

CCTV,

I am interested in the Ultra discs; I'm rolling the dice on a unit this is asking for software on start up. Let me know how to move forward with that.

As for the MPLT, I am looking for a replacement as opposed to service - in the interest of time. Most Internet sources seem a little “over the topâ€

Lou, how did MPLT situation work out? One way to determine if AD can fix it under warranty is to get serial numbers and we can validate...

As for the Intellex Ultra CD sets, did you have chance to call and talk to AD applications? Remember, the CD set for their flash drive is based on which motherboard you have and once they identify the part number, it will be very easy to get you these CD sets for restore...

Also, is your Intellex Ultra come with 1G or 2G memory? If it is 1G, chances are very good that you will observe problems with it and it is recommended to take it to 2G (space restrictions that application require)...

Let us know.

It certainly is not normal that the MPLT just reboots like that.

Even if it does reboot, the battery inside the unit should be keeping your configuration.

One thing I might suggest it to try a full reset just to make sure something in the memory is not causing the problems. Warning tho, you will lose all your Tours, Salvos, etc...

the command on the controller is 55 F2, 99F2

There is not much you can do on the field to fix the MPLT, the unit is pretty much plug and play, no removeable parts like the other Mega Power units.

So do check your power source, any power fluctuations?

Still no luck.

The combination of the MPLT and CC300 is a nice setup. I am able to send RS485 between them and send RS232 between the MPLT and the Intellex. The only hitch is the dome config is not available on the Intellex GUI.

The MPLT seems to be just another AD product that really doesn't work, like the Digimux series or the Ultra 8 outdoor housing.

Lou

OIF Vet

Still no luck.

The combination of the MPLT and CC300 is a nice setup. I am able to send RS485 between them and send RS232 between the MPLT and the Intellex. The only hitch is the dome config is not available on the Intellex GUI.

The MPLT seems to be just another AD product that really doesn't work, like the Digimux series or the Ultra 8 outdoor housing.

Lou

OIF Vet

Lou, MPLT is one of AD's older products and I will not compare it with Digimux... However, if there is a problem (which we have seen before), then if the power supply is not the cause, then have it repaired under warranty. Did you check if it is or not? If it is not under warranty, the cost for the repair is not that bad... Contact me via pm or otherwise and I will help you. That also can apply with any other AD, Bosch, Panasonic, GE, Sanyo and few other manufacturer products that you may be using.

Lou, how did MPLT situation work out? One way to determine if AD can fix it under warranty is to get serial numbers and we can validate...

Do you still have your cameras connected? If so, disconnect all of them, and see if the unit is still rebooting on itself.

As for the Intellex Ultra CD sets, did you have chance to call and talk to AD applications? Remember, the CD set for their flash drive is based on which motherboard you have and once they identify the part number, it will be very easy to get you these CD sets for restore...

For the recovery disks, the easiest way to find it is to read on the inside of the front panel, the recovery disk part number is written on the top right corner of the white tag.

Also, is your Intellex Ultra come with 1G or 2G memory? If it is 1G, chances are very good that you will observe problems with it and it is recommended to take it to 2G (space restrictions that application require)...

4 Gig flash drive is also available now.

Let us know.