PMA

Magic Radar problem

Hi,

Did anyone tried to uninstall Magic Radar?

Even doe all folders and files are deleted from c:, when you reinstall the software it assumes all previous setup settings, like users and passwords, cameras, frames, events, inputs, outputs etc.

So, if you actually need to reinstall the software because you lost the admin password and can't make any changes, reinstalling it won't solve the problem

The only way i see it:

1. it keeps some file in c: (but not in the magic radars installation folders)

2. it makes windows registry entries that are not uninstalled

I don't want to format c:\ and install Xp again because of MR

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Alves

Some while ago I read a post about magic radar, and there was a member that was offering to answer everything about this product. Is he still around?

Glad to see you around.

I live in Iceland, and I'm not a dealer (I think the dvr card was bought in Denmark and came with soft).

The owner doesn't know how it happened, if he forgot the pass or if it was is older kid that changed it . Anyhow he can't access it with admin rights.

I was asked to uninstall, which i did... but it keeps the settings after reinstall.

I'm guessing it leaves a file or makes windows registry changes, could actually see it if I use a installation monitoring tool. But since it's an old computer I don't want to fiddle to much with it or have to install XP again without any hardware drivers.

Have you ever came across with this problem?

Hi,

Didn't received the PM...

Was trying to send you one but I think I need one or 2 more posts

"Sorry, but the administrator has prevented you from sending private messages, or you have under 10 posts."

Can you send it to my email?

alves@visir.is

Thx

It leaves two INI files in the windows directory

capture.ini which stores most of the settings and

dvr2.ini which stores the passwords & the drive locations that the DVR will record to

Open up the dvr2.ini file in notepad and delete the line in the section

[users] that starts with admin=

save the file and restart the software, you should now be able to log in as admin without using a password.

Go to the settings and create a new password

You can also simply delete the dvr2.ini file if you want but you will then have use the file installer in the MagicRadar folder in the start menu to tell the machine which drives/partitions to record to.

Doug

Doug I had sent a private e-mail telling how to solve this matter. This information should not have been posted in the open. As I see it this is no diffetrance than posting your company installer codes or ADT, BRINKS, or any other company information. Please for the best of your customers as well as others in this forum please do not post things that deal with the security of systems or peoples saftey in the open. I DO NOT MIND HELPING A INSTALLER OR USER WITH THEIR SYSTEM BUT I WILL NOT PUT THINGS IN THE OPEN THAT DO NOT NEED TO BE SHARED WITH CROOKS.

Charles R Irvine