thewireguys

Motorcycle theft caught with video surveillance.

This happened about 10 miles from my office. They all have masks on so you can't identify anyone and the outside camera doesn't have enough resolution to read the plate.

I would like to see what technology everyone would use to prevent this from happening again and/or catch the perps. Upgrading the outside camera would get the plate but their is alot of other technology we could use.just looking to brain storm here.

link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv=kTXD0zZ9-FY

This happened about 10 miles from my office. They all have masks on so you can't identify anyone and the outside camera doesn't have enough resolution to read the plate.

I would like to see what technology everyone would use to prevent this from happening again and/or catch the perps. Upgrading the outside camera would get the plate but their is alot of other technology we could use.just looking to brain storm here.

link to the video.

Shutters and smokecloak would be my first suggestion.

Ilkie

link to the video.

Ilkie

Smokecloak looks interesting have you installed them before? Is it legal in the US? I could see the perp tripping and breaking a leg then suing the owner and installer.... which BTW it think is fucking ridiculous

link to the video.

Ilkie

Smokecloak looks interesting have you installed them before? Is it legal in the US? I could see the perp tripping and breaking a leg then suing the owner and installer.... which BTW it think is **** ridiculous

Being based in the UK I do not know about the regulations that apply in the US, someone else on the forum might be able to help.

There is a disti in Canada that might be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.smokecloak.co.uk/en/

We have used them before and they are very effective linked to the intruder alarm in retail / wharehouse environment with high value goods as the smoke is deployed very quickly and does not mark the goods.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Amazing what a few guys with a plan can take in four minutes! Did the store have any kind of burg system? Even if it did, four minutes is not much time, but just curious. They seemed pretty calm so I'm assuming that no loud sirens were going off during the ordeal. If that's the case, as burg system is a start. Possibly some sort of trackable asset tag on/in the bikes. Also the obvious things like making it harder to get in/out of doors. What I mean by this, is maybe something more secure than a double glass door for and entrance point. It was obviously easy for them to enter as there was not much of a deterant.

This clown did not even care enough about his stuff to even look at his monitor and focus his cameras.

They did a pretty good job. Proper tools, nice van, good planning on what to get & who's getting it. They should look through previous video to look for people scoping out the place.

1. Proper alarm system. Lots of sirens.

2. That smoke stuff.

3. Those cameras can't see worth ****. Looks like none of them are even 100% focused, and with crap resolution at that. They couldn't even handle the glare of the back of the van from the lights. More views = tighter shots.

4. Barred doors & windows, and a real lock, not a simple 4 or 5 pin lock.

5. Oh, and hidden GPS trackers in a few of the bikes.

These bikes seem expensive, shouldn't they have security like a jewelry store or bank?? Oh, and wtf is the ones guy doing throwing a dummy in the van?

For Christ's sake you can't blame the thieves for stealing all this stuff as the shop made it to easy for them. The shop would have been better off loading the van for thieves. At a minimum they should have folding security gates and/or rollup metal doors on all storefront window and door(s). And ounce of forethought avoids this stupidity and loss.

On a side note, I was looking at a new Yamaha VMax today and the store had all the proper deterrents in place.

The guy who grabs the full mannequin at the end does it for me! But seriously... what bike shop doesnt have armored windows and/or methods to stop bikes being rolled out the front window?

One of them looks young, maybe a 'new guy'. He doesn't seem to be as accepted in the group as the others.

At 2:56, look in the upper left corner. One of the guys is running down the lot, was there a gate or something? Again, at 4:03...

I think the mannequins had riding suits on, thats why they took em.

link to the video.

Ilkie

Smokecloak looks interesting have you installed them before? Is it legal in the US? I could see the perp tripping and breaking a leg then suing the owner and installer.... which BTW it think is **** ridiculous

thewireguys. you have hit it right on the head. we are a user of smokeclock. we (smokebandit) much faster and better. its been used in the uk since the 80s but got into problems with the legal problems. stupid laws like if the scum fall or break something while caught in the smoke. the owner is liable.. but there is a legal way around it now. i will send you a pm.

This clown did not even care enough about his stuff to even look at his monitor and focus his cameras.

I agree... the quality of those pictures was pretty bad.

Standard low-res IR bullets?

There are a few security smoke companies out there and I saw a good one at IFSEC in the summer. They launched this retail security product where you can install the smoke generator anywhere in the shop but also use it as a means of displaying posters/ video ad content - it's pretty versatile and nice to look at. It's quite a good idea really. They're called Concept Smoke Screen.

www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Outside of the completely obvious, one single camera able to handle getting that plate number would have made all the difference in an otherwise clusterphuck of camera work. Instead, all you can do is wave bye bye to a white out plate.