hey_moe

My new PTZ camera bit the dust already..waaaa

A while back I sent Soundy a email on what would cause my DVR to keep rebooting. He gave me some suggestion to check out and all of a sudden it stopped. Just my luck..lol. Any way I was installing a camera Sean sent me and once I got everything hooked up I noticed again I had this reboot chet starting all over again. I started removing one camera at a time and found that PTZ camera to be causing all the problems. Then all of a sudden it bit the dust. I removed the camera and brought it in the office and hooked it up on a different line to make sure I didn't have a wiring problem. No glory. The company I brought it from on Ebay suggested it was my DVR that was causing my problem and to contact them. Right. I also hooked it up to the TV and still had nothing but a blue screen. The power supply that came with the camera is putting out 15.13 volts under full load which that is what their system is calling for. They supplied the PS with the camera. The power light is flashing and the green light on the main board is also flashing. I checked the voltage going from the main mother board to the camera and noticed I only has 1.37 volts instead of 12 volts like it was calling for. I am waiting to see what they want to do about it. So far they haven't responded to my email. They said they have never had a problem with any of their cameras.I also noticed when removed the dome cover I had a burnt smell...what woe. The board showed no signs of anything shorting out from what I could tell. I have a surge protector on the main power line coming to the whole house power supple and the data didn't show a spike or anything with the power supply.I feel like I am getting the run around as far as them replacing the camera or taking any action. I have never had any luck with Ebay and should have know better than to buy from Ebay. I will either be stuck with a large paper weight or a replacement. Would be nice if they would just send me a new motherboard but I would be afraid if they did that ...they would feel if it was something else it would be to bad for me....just ranting.

hi. i would not bother with asking the company to send parts i would get your money back. (another will only fail within a year)

if your PTZ is only 12v then a power supply of 15v is not going to help. do you know the amp used by the camera ??

also over power can damage the power ribbon from board to camera. take a look for a burnt out wire on each end of the ribbon.

It is unlikely you'll get your money back, so I'd just keep pushing for a full replacement. And if you payed with a credit card, which you should have, I'd call and see if you could dispute the charge. Sorry to hear of this.

What I don't get is what about this camera failure would cause the dvr to go nuts?

What I don't get is what about this camera failure would cause the dvr to go nuts?

hi all analog cameras put a voltage back to dvr via coax (only small amount) but if something happends to the electronics of the camera and puts out a larger amount then DVRs will start to play up. i.e reboot/ shut down and as all cameras have the same ground it can also effect other cameras

I paid with my PP acccount. But so far it has been 2 days with no reply. When I questioned them before about their product I would get a response within a few hours. I guess first I will try and let them handle it, then report to Ebay and then last to PP.As fas as I am concerned this is what gives Ebay a bad name.

It is unlikely you'll get your money back, so I'd just keep pushing for a full replacement. And if you payed with a credit card, which you should have, I'd call and see if you could dispute the charge. Sorry to hear of this.

hi all analog cameras put a voltage back to dvr via coax (only small amount) but if something happends to the electronics of the camera and puts out a larger amount then DVRs will start to play up. i.e reboot/ shut down and as all cameras have the same ground it can also effect other cameras

indeed.

i once accidently put 24VAC into a cheapy 9VDC camera... the camera gave out some 'magic smoke' and backfired the 24V down the coax into channel one of my DVR.

that is why my 16CH DVR is only really a 15CH DVR :'(

This isn't a power problem or wrong voltage or a surge. I connected another camera where the PTZ camera was and all works fine. I have sent them now three different emails with no response. I guess I have been taken. So much for their one year warranty.Come Friday I will go in a different direction...lol. I really don't think it will do any good....but that's me.

That completely sucks. I suppose this claim from them-

'We are an agent authorized from manufacturer. We

supply the series PTZ cameras at various prices,

cheap and expensive. With rich experience in selling

PTZ camera, we will provide you with the most comp-

rehensive technical support and excellent after-sale

services. Please check our feedback.

Don't hesitate. Buy the PTZ camera from us now!'

Is completely bogus. Sorry to hear. Very best of luck making the situation right.

It's my own fault. Sean has one for a few hundred more. I was trying to save a few bucks. I did get a email this morning from them and they sent a few pictures of connections they wanted me to check which I have already done that. Another crap-o-la problem I found out is Ebay protection plan they offer only covers if it is brought in the USA. Like I said before, I have never had any luck buying anything from Ebay. It is either junk or third class reworked OEM crap. This company from the start has been trying to get me to make a review of them and their product. I always wait a few months to a year before I do this to see how the product holds up and if the warranty is any good...lol....this one won't get high rates...lol...Mike

one good thing about ebay is that they have very good buyer protection. in some cases too good. They will always side with the buyer, even if the buyer is wrong. And you are definetely not wrong in this case. But my point is, all you have to do is open a case with the ebay buyer protection and the worst thing you will be out of is the shipping costs that you will incur to ship the PTZ back to the company, you will need to provide ebay with a tracking number once you ship it to prove to them when the item gets delivered. That way if the company jacks around and doesnt give you a refund, ebay/paypal will automatically take it out of their paypal account and put it in yours.

Sean, good advise. I would also make a request from you my friend. It would be a pleasure and an assest to have a retailer such as you have a wider selection of PTZ's. Maybe they just don't sell enough to carry choices but I'll tell you, a selection of decent cameras at a 300 dollar, 600, and 1,000 dollar price range would be wonderful.

I too have recently bought an ebay ptz. It hasn't arrived yet. I can only hope I don't suffer the same fate. I didn't pay for extended coverage because I knew it wasn't applicable for the purchase. But using my paypal account, I DID use a credit card. It's more great protection to have a credit card you've had forever stand behind you if you need to dispute a charge. In the couple of times I've had to do that over the years, they've always sided with ME. But, I'll have to see how my ptz experience goes. This does not give me a warm and comfy feeling at all. Good luck to me. And good luck to you moe.

Overall though, ebay has been a positive source for me. It's not ebay, but the people who use it that determines the experience.

The problem with finding a good affordable PTZ is the same type of problem that you have a finding a good affordable DVR, you have to wade through the junk before you find a good one. Luckily, I have worked with one of my suppliers on some good models. They definetely wont be the cheapest but the wont be the most expensive either. I will also have an IR PTZ that has so much IR throw on it it will blow your mind. I will have a video of it up soon after I get back from Vegas. I put one up in my back yard and it lights up the whole back 1/2 acre back yard yard easily and well into my neighbors yard. 700 TVL 1/3" Effio S processor to boot, which is not commonly found on PTZ's.

yMQhXc1dHIQ

I [we] probably could have saved a bunch of money knowing that. Well, if mine craps out too, I'll know where to look first in the future. Any ETA on those ptz's Sean?

This is the one I settled on-

186357_1.jpg

1/4 inch CCD Security CCTV Speed Dome Camera, EFFIO 650TV Line Horizontal Resolution, 0.01Lux Minimum Illumination, 27X Optical Zoom, 3.2 to 86.4mm Lens, 752 x 582 Effective Pixels, 360 Degrees Continuously Pan Angle, 8 Privacy Zones, 220 Preset Positions, With RS-485, Support Pelco-D, Pelco-P, HS, Built in Heater and Fan, 8PCS LEDs, 100M IR Distance, IR CUT, Auto Tracking Function, IP66

There are a TON of these types out there, but this one is better specd than most of them. Will this one be just another piece of crap? Don't say either way, you may jinx it.

Edited by Guest

I am atleast a month out. Dont know too much about those PTZ's that you got, but I did test my fair share of PTZ's and I quickly found out that the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Much like DVR's, this is one thing you dont want to scrimp on, paying an extra 100-200 will go a long ways.

I like when the PTZ lens is behind a smoked dome... This way no one will know where its pointed...

Can you imagine what your neighbors will think about you you when they see a ptz looking around the neighborhood?

186357_1.jpg

Like I said before, I only have myself to blame. That one you showed me a few weeks back I should have brought. I wouldn't be where I am at today. I am still looking at the one you have on line for around 500.00. I will most likely go with that...Mike.BTW that new one ya sent me works like a dream. I used that telephoto lens ya put with the package and it is sweet.

one good thing about ebay is that they have very good buyer protection. in some cases too good. They will always side with the buyer, even if the buyer is wrong. And you are definetely not wrong in this case. But my point is, all you have to do is open a case with the ebay buyer protection and the worst thing you will be out of is the shipping costs that you will incur to ship the PTZ back to the company, you will need to provide ebay with a tracking number once you ship it to prove to them when the item gets delivered. That way if the company jacks around and doesnt give you a refund, ebay/paypal will automatically take it out of their paypal account and put it in yours.

Mike, very glad to hear Sean is helping you.

Much like DVR's, this is one thing you dont want to scrimp on, paying an extra 100-200 will go a long ways.

The one I got is not cheap...in dollars. Whether that equals quality remains to be seen.

I like when the PTZ lens is behind a smoked dome... This way no one will know where its pointed...

Can you imagine what your neighbors will think about you you when they see a ptz looking around the neighborhood?

The houses here are set fairly far apart. This camera won't look like much from the street. I doubt many will notice it. I hear you about the smoked dome, but IR and domes don't go together well, far as I've ever seen. Everything this camera has, I want. Hopefully it has the first thing I want- to just work.

Anyway, I didn't mean to jump your thread Mike. But, it's revelent I think. I'll start a new thread once the thing arrives. Mike, best of luck moving forward with this.

Dan

After they emailed me what they wanted me to check out they finally said just the camera inside the PTZ was bad. I feel this was shorting out from the start because when I first installed it my DVR kept rebooting, but it stopped doing that after an hour or so.I feel it was sub-feeding power through the coxial cable.You going love this part>>> what they want me to do is deposit another 100.00 in their account. When they get the camera back and check it out if the feel it is a factory problem they will send me a replacement, if not they will keep the money I guess and send me a replacement. I said I have no intention what so ever of depositing another hundred dollars in your account. I will ship you back the defected camera, you can do what ever you do and then ship me a replacement.This is starting to really get under my skin now.

Mike, very glad to hear Sean is helping you.

Much like DVR's, this is one thing you dont want to scrimp on, paying an extra 100-200 will go a long ways.

The one I got is not cheap...in dollars. Whether that equals quality remains to be seen.

The houses here are set fairly far apart. This camera won't look like much from the street. I doubt many will notice it. I hear you about the smoked dome, but IR and domes don't go together well, far as I've ever seen. Everything this camera has, I want. Hopefully it has the first thing I want- to just work.

Anyway, I didn't mean to jump your thread Mike. But, it's revelent I think. I'll start a new thread once the thing arrives. Mike, best of luck moving forward with this.

Dan

I will ship you back the defected camera, you can do what ever you do and then ship me a replacement.

i would not ship anything just yet. just follow the steps on getting your money back.

did it come from your country or china ???

It's from Hong Kong...lol. 14 day full money back,after that a 1year warranty,repair or replacement only.Like I said before, I only have myself to blame. I read to many threads in here warning other members about buying from EBay. You know how us guys are....very hard headed....and I got the hardest one.

I will ship you back the defected camera, you can do what ever you do and then ship me a replacement.

i would not ship anything just yet. just follow the steps on getting your money back.

did it come from your country or china ???

Well today I recieved the replacement camera after I deposited another 100.00 in their account and also had to pay shipping to ship the old one back. Keep in mind they just shipped a replacement camera not the whole PTZ. Hooked it up and still have the blue screen...lol. I checked the cable coming to the PTZ with another camers using their PS and have a picture. I also cked all sws to make sure they were set right. In the back of the camera their is a red light that is not lit up like the last one but they felt the camera was the problem so that is what they shipped. I feel the motherboard was bad but I am just a dumb old fart so my say so is poo poo. Even after I told them I have no power coming from the MB to the camera they still said the camera was bad. I am starting to get a tad bit PO and as much as I hate to do this I am going to wait and see what their response is before filing a complaint with PP and EB. This will be the last time I piss on myself with Ebay. What a bunch of CRAP! I just ordered another camera for a replacement. ( Not form China or Ebay )The other one still sits under my desk collecting dust.