CCTV_Suppliers

New type of BNC connectors

Here is something different for installers... and I am not sure if this product has been discussed before.

We used them in few larger installs... works fairly good... pricing is decent, but nothing close to standard BNC connector pricing.

The most important part for us is that it works with any size cable from RG-6, RG-59 and even RG-59 Mini... Kind of limits how many types of connectors someone must carry, when this connector fits them all... Requires special stripping and crimping tool.. if someone is making a lot of connectors at the job site, it helps...

The part that I like the most is that it is reusable...

Hi cctv supplier.

2 years ago uk suppliers were full of these connectors. now you cant buy them anywere. they look good but are the worst things ever. also yes they do different cables but what the video does not show is to do this you have to buy extra caps. blue for RG59 and green / yellow / red for others. and i love the way they say re useable. if you connect 8 bnc 3 will have a problem so you need the tool to start again. and at £2 $4 here. and the other problem you cant just buy some to try because you have to buy the tools to put them together $50

Hi cctv supplier.

2 years ago uk suppliers were full of these connectors. now you cant buy them anywere. they look good but are the worst things ever. also yes they do different cables but what the video does not show is to do this you have to buy extra caps. blue for RG59 and green / yellow / red for others. and i love the way they say re useable. if you connect 8 bnc 3 will have a problem so you need the tool to start again. and at £2 $4 here. and the other problem you cant just buy some to try because you have to buy the tools to put them together $50

People with this company that we are communicating are located in Australia... pricing is not that bad - under $1.5 and yes, the tools are expensive... However, in a large installs, the labor does count, therefore it is ideal for larger installs...

According to our installers, no connectors turned out to be bad... mostly used them for patch cables with RG-59 mini cables.

We are not committed to this product line at all.. just using them as necessary basis... sometimes it is worth it when someone has to make few thousands of these connectors and the time it takes to make them.

I can see it being a pain in a smaller installs though... the cost may not justify the mean... At least it is an option available and thanks for your comments.

Hi cctv supplier.

It looks like the industry is going from bad to worst with this gimmick. One can see the glaring fail points in this system. A good quality compression fitting is the quickest and best way to go. Next they will be trying to force those dreaded twist-on connectors down our throats.....

thats alot of work ... could have done a twist on in much less time for much less $$ and it would not come off in the guys hand like that crimp on and you can buy them from literally any store now

But yes they do look neat.

Look at the ICM corp website I have used these and we pretty much don't use any thing else on Rg-59 and 6. They are cheaper than the two piece bnc connectors we were using. been using for about a year with fo failures. Kit is a little costly but I think it is worth it

Thanks to everyone for the feedback...

Most likely we will not stay with this line... just had an opportunity to work with them in several major projects and just because it worked for time being, does not mean we will stay... your input and experience does count...

Again, thanks to all.

Look at the ICM corp website I have used these and we pretty much don't use any thing else on Rg-59 and 6. They are cheaper than the two piece bnc connectors we were using. been using for about a year with fo failures. Kit is a little costly but I think it is worth it

I'll second that, I like the ICM system... I just use the BNCs with my SealTite universal compression crimpers, but their kits are pretty nice, and their stripper and crimper tools seem really solid and work really smoothly. I wouldn't mind picking up a basic kit, just to have some assorted other connectors for those odd situations you run into now and then, but I don't think I could convince the boss on the cost-benefit

I do have one beef with ICM though, and that's trying to get the BNCs out of those F*$#(&ing tubes!

Yep! Kick butt connectors! These simply don't fail.