Alponching69

NVR Server transferred to new Server room 1400ft away

Hi Good Day!

I just want help or suggestion for this scenario.

We have setup two DAHUA NVR with POE supported IP Cameras in a server room.

After 1 year the owner wants to relocate the DAHUA NVR to a new location which is 1400ft away from the old server room..

the POE Switch..UPS and other equipments will still remain in the old server room, only the DVR and Monitor will be relocated.

How can I transmit the viewing to the new location? Can I just used network switch in every 90Meters from the old server room to the new server room? please help me.. Thank you very much.

Alponching

I assume that at 1400ft away they will already have a network connection through to their origional network? or are you doing that thing where the NVR is on it's own network?

Good Day..

thaks a lot for the reply..

@ssmith10pm .. Fiber Optic is not an option due to low budget..

@MR2.. They dont have network connection on the new server room.. the NVR will run on its own network from the old server room to the new server room which is 1400ft away..

if we put a switch every 90 meters.. will it work??

please help..thanks

if we put a switch every 90 meters.. will it work??

It'll work...

if you use high grade cable you can probably get 150m between switch's (we've done a few very long ones and have not had any issues with years of heavy use)

Hi. I would also say go fibre .... It's not going to cost much more than you installing 4 switches along the distance ... Remember you also need power for the switches so that's a cost

But also look at the basic security side of the install .... You only need 1 switch to go down and you full system is down

Are the recorders going to be used with remote viewing ? . Go with managed switches have a little control

Hi. I would also say go fibre ....

it was the first post... the OP swiftly ignored it lol

run at least 6 strand fiber you then have spares plus you could expand you other network. Cost it out we have installed a lot of armored fiber that was very inexpensive compared to intermediate switches.

run at least 12 strand fiber you then have spares plus you could expand you other network. Cost it out we have installed a lot of armored fiber that was very inexpensive compared to intermediate switches.

minimum quantity of fiber from sellers over here is 500m, price per meter is $4... he won't have his own terminating gear so there's another $1k if it's got lots of cores, the media converters will be around $250 each if he does not have switch's with transceivers in them...

not disagreeing that fiber is the way to go in most situations, but if he's being cheap and nasty (you getting that Vibe? I'm getting that Vibe)

as opposed to a few boxes of cat 5 at $100 a box (for 300m per box) and a few cheap $70 switch's.......

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole approach is wrong, but what he's got is what he's got!

run at least 12 strand fiber you then have spares plus you could expand you other network. Cost it out we have installed a lot of armored fiber that was very inexpensive compared to intermediate switches.

minimum quantity of fiber from sellers over here is 500m, price per meter is $4... he won't have his own terminating gear so there's another $1k if it's got lots of cores, the media converters will be around $250 each if he does not have switch's with transceivers in them...

not disagreeing that fiber is the way to go in most situations, but if he's being cheap and nasty (you getting that Vibe? I'm getting that Vibe)

as opposed to a few boxes of cat 5 at $100 a box (for 300m per box) and a few cheap $70 switch's.......

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole approach is wrong, but what he's got is what he's got!

$4 a foot? You can get 50/125 fiber for .50 a foot and you can order it pre terminated for an additional cost.

$4 a foot? You can get 50/125 fiber for .50 a foot and you can order it pre terminated for an additional cost.

that's there price here in AU you lucky buggers get everything cheap

i wouldn't use multiple switches on a cat5/6 run, that's just asking for network issues.

you have 2 options.

option 1 - run cat5/6 and use ethernet extenders

http://www.ourten.com/product_info.php?id=37&parent=6&itemId=21

when you realise that you wont get the bandwidth or throughput over the link then you will need option 2

option 2 - run fibre and do it properly.

yes its not that cheap, but the poor man pays twice.

Im in Aus and fibre (12 core single mode) is $2.15 per meter for me to buy.

You don't have to terminate the unused fibers until they are needed a lot of times we only need a single pair and we will terminate two pair and leave the others saves the customer a little money and you still have spares avaliable if needed for another project.