Geo 8.2 Problems or opinions

Just installed 8.2 Some new features that are useful like PIP, PAP and also the Multiview is much improved, so when you click on a single camera it will automaticlly increase the resolution to 640x480, so the remote viewing is clearer, and the PIP even works remotely.

BUT...... I installed it last night and now every time I run the 8.2 Multiview, it ask for an id/pw and then locks up my whole computer. If I close it I can still log in with 8.12 Multiview. Weird.

Still haven't played much more then that, but I am dissappointed about the multiview.

Just installed it myself the other day, still looking around to get to grips with it all.

The multiview seems to work ok on mine though. (although its probably 8.12) where did you get the download from?

The remote viewlog is not working at the moment (it works on the main geo server pc, but not on the laptop viewing it remote over the network) it just says unable to locate database or unable to verify database I think it was.

Probably a version mismatch possibly as I could only get the main download of geovision, and the driver, the control center files etc were not on the download page from this thread yet.

Not sure but I think the frame rate may be slower, but it could be how I have set things up, will have to have a good play around and see how it goes.

Quite like the pip zoom and pap features, even though with only normal analogue cams to play with they are a bit pointless really.. Can imagine their use though with a high res camera.

I tried re-installing to get the remote viewlog working, but after uninstalling and a reinstall, it stopped working completely complaining about a .ini file being missing, I had to run setup again to get it to work a second time.

Hoping the rest of 8.2 is available soon so I can test fully, and hope to get a IP cam (megapixel) one day when the price drops to something reasonable

Multiview is giving me trouble as well. I can't import a hosts.ini file from a v8.12 and it seems to take an age to exit the multiview application.

Anyone see a way to save PIP/PAP views ? Seems daft to have to set them up everytime.

Also, seems to be a bug in the "Mediaman" utility, it thinks that one of my unused partitions is being used for recording.

Overall though, seems to be a good release. Installation went smoothly and the reorganized menus are great once you get the hang of them. I think the different dongle options will prove to be a real pain though.

I also cannot import my host file of about 80 locations into the new multiview. I don't really feel like inputting them all back in again. Geo should really fix this! It will affect thousands of people.

I setup multiview on another PC and it's working good but my main office PC still won't run 8.2 (although it did at first). I uninstalled, deleted, etc... but it still just sends the CPU to %100 usage and never loads up. Considering it took like 10 months for this release, you'd think we wouldn't be finding bugs within an hour of installing.

I hope they are reading these forums too.

Dear All,

I had tested the GeoVision version 8.2.

I simulate the problem as 501 mentioned.... exporting/importing the hosts in the Multiview...

I had no problems with import/export functions....

By the way, PIP/PAP functions can't be saved... but you can try screenshot....

Is it possible that you guys got the version 8.2 beta ?

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

I believe it was 8.2.00. Can you Pm a link to a release version?

Thanks Andy.

Dear All,

I simulate the problem as 501 mentioned.... exporting/importing the hosts in the Multiview...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

No, I have the full release. I can send you the hosts file that is giving me trouble if you like.

Dear All,

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

No, I have the full release. I can send you the hosts file that is giving me trouble if you like.

send me the HOST.ini let me test it please....

Thank you....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Dear All,

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Thank you....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

If you PM your email address to me, I will send it on.

I am having trouble importing the host file as well.

The host list goes blank when I try to import it.

Then when I switch back to the camera view, Multiview crashes and I have to use task manager to kill it.

Note - Curiosly...Geo uses fairly weak encryption of the passwords in the host file. Using a hex calculator, some simple math, and a hex to ascii converter, I was able to decipher the passwords in my host file.

This probably isnt a bit security risk for anyone, but I think its something Geo could easily make stronger in future versions.

That's a pretty big error on Geo's part if you can't import older host.ini files. I see a patch coming soon. This is why they should let folks like us test some of the earlier versions. I have discovered 2 bugs before this that weren't known.

I also don't like the little Geovision logo when you log onto the multiview, but not a big deal.

I am having a 2nd problem with Multiview now, when I press exit, the confirmation dialog box comes up behind Multiview. This gives the impression that it has hung, but ALT-TAB brings it up and I can exit normally. Anyone else ?

No sign of Andys email address yet for me to send on my hosts file

Anybody know if Geo plan to add support for more IP cameras to 8.2, the list is pretty limited. We have some nice business we could win at the moment if we could use the clients existing Sanyo IP domes.

Dear All,

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Thank you....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

If you PM your email address to me, I will send it on.

Hello.....Ruairi...

I had tried myself..no problems....

Just wondering the host.ini you got there is from version 8.12?

Could you do me a favour....

Please create a group first before importing a host....Does it work?

if not, please let me know.... i would like to remotely access your computer and take a look at.....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

111.thumb.jpg.35d14a857eb8500ccc13edf4ba43aaca.jpg

Thanks Andy. It doesn't work either when I create a group. You are welcome

to connect to my PC, let me know how you want to do this.

On Vista (don't know for xp).

1. Webcam hangs after a while, you can not start/stop webcam anymore.

2. Mobile connections via browser: not the right images (you have to refresh several times)

2. Mobile connections disconnect right away (tested msview v2 and v3)

4. If webcam is running and does have no connceting clients if will get inaccesible after a couple of hours (as long as it has a client connected it's ok)

The BETA v2 did not have these problems. It is the same system (1480) and I did a complete ununstall of the BETA.

some additional info:

- having this problem for a couple of weeks

- applied the latest updates on vista

Only way to get webcam running again is a system (vista) restart, restarting multicam does not work !

Immidiatly after the restart you can stop and start webcam. But locks up again after some time.

Looks like something is still running or loaded on the machine after stopping multicam.

This is a legit problem, I had the EXACT same problems from my systems. Andy from Geovision sent me some files that fixed the problem with the Mobile Gview programs and now they don't crash anymore. PM him and he can send them to you too.

i have one patch that copies a couple of missing bitmap files (cam-logo, etc ...). that one does not solve my problems with msview v2 and v3 (did not test Gview)

looks like everything is fine after a complete reinstall. MSview and Gview connect, webcam can be started and stopped.

How:

- make sure you uninstall any old version and drivers.

- delete all storage and database dir's (you can leave the cam data).

- search you system for left geovision files

- restart

- install 8.2

- apply webcam-patch

Apperently the uinistall leaves things that lock up functions in 8.2 (I went ..from 8.12 to the 8.2 beta and then 8.2 final)

Now i am new to this whole thing and 8.2 is my first time with Geovision but i do have a few problems/suggestions for the software.

Audio/Video Log - Viewing previous recordings i would like to be able to merge any video channel with any audio channel rather than just the two linked channels.

Camera/Audio Install - You are able to rename camera channels. Why not audio. This would help me greatly.

Just a few suggestions.......

Multiview is giving me trouble as well. I can't import a hosts.ini file from a v8.12 and it seems to take an age to exit the multiview application.

Andy connected to my machine this morning and has fixed both of these issues. Hopefully he will let us know what the solution was.

I am getting Internet login problems. The Webcam installs and works fine over the lan but when trying to get to it via the internet I get to the MSelect page and no codec download just a done with errors on the page have tried the fix but to no avail. This is with IE7 and latest java installed.

Any tips guys ??

Regards

Hi!

Since I have been out traveling for some time and now I have easter holiday I was wondering on anyone noticed what the CPU/Memory usage is on 8.2 versus 8.12. I will check out myself over the easter but just curios if someone noticed anything...

Cheers!

JOINDVR