thewireguys

IP panel-free access control

The PowerNet reader with keypad came today. Very cool product. Very easy to install when using a strike. Run one cat5 to the reader then splice the strike to the wire pigtale. Alot less wire and labor.

The software is very powerful but unless your using it everyday you would need to keep the manual handy and your normal person would have a hard time rappin there head around it.

They need to make there software more end user friendly other wise it is a great product.

I was on the phone with there tech support for about 2 hours very helpful I enjoyed talking with them.

I think with this product I could do the same install as a panel system ( talking strikes) for hundreds less per door.

I was on the phone again with Isonas tech support. Everything is running perfect I just had some questions about the software and I didn't feel like reading the manual. Once again I was one the phone for about an hour and I think I made a friend. I will sell this product and put my name behind it.

I also found out you can power maglocks with POE. The POE output for mags/strikes is 12 volt min .5amps you even have power left over for the REX motion and/or lighted REX button.

I found many maglocks that use less then .5amps even 1600lb ones.

I did not know that you could run that much power from a poe system. Does anyone know if you can run like a double latch retraction device with POE?

Isonas can power anything 12dc up to .5 amps

I did not know that you could run that much power from a poe system. Does anyone know if you can run like a double latch retraction device with POE?

Clause 33 of IEEE 802.3-2005 (commonly referred to as IEEE 802.3af)

selectable current of 10–400 mA subject to a maximum load power of 15.40 W.

Only about 12.95 W are available after counting cable losses

Clause 33 of IEEE 802.3-2005 (commonly referred to as IEEE 802.3af)

selectable current of 10–400 mA subject to a maximum load power of 15.40 W.

Only about 12.95 W are available after counting cable losses

Isonas told me there is 1amp total power available for power.

He said the the reader uses .2amps, strikes/mags can use no more then .5amps, and the left over .3 is used to power motions, REX buttons, and anything else you would need.

I have one reader installed in my office for about 2 weeks with a strike. I haven't had any problems at all. Great product

We have 3 doors and a personel gate between the employee lot and the terminal using this system. We have had them 2 years.

Pro's:

They have worked well and the software is simple

Cons:

No Wiegand interface, we are adding additonal security and cameras and would like to add the acess information to the DVR data base.

Edited by Guest