AceofSpades0731

Beginner questions....bare with me

Whats up everybody...first post here, trying to decide what kind of cameras to go with for my home. Debating between Speco's new intensifier cam's or these high def IP cams (arecontvision dot com).

I'm looking to get great picture quality and don't mind spending the extra $$$ for the high def cams. Does anyone have any experience with the high def cams? Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

I am here!

I do not have any experience with high def cams so I will just sit here in the background, and learn!

No Experience with them either, but seen them around here. Big diff in price between the 2 though. Also, if you want the best Consumer based Dual Day-Night vision then look at Extreme CCTV.

ya they are pricey at about $1000 a camera....but I think I might go with them. you can see on that website the picture clarity...unlike any camera i've ever seen before.

I am here!

I do not have any experience with high def cams so I will just sit here in the background, and learn!

I had to read this twice, Scorpion did not study?,, ooooooh go to the corner now young man. how dare you come to class unprepared..

Speco's new intensifier cam's don't see what the hype is....

ya they are pricey at about $1000 a camera....but I think I might go with them. you can see on that website the picture clarity...unlike any camera i've ever seen before.

Dont believe everything you see on the manufacturer sites, in most cases the images are not from real world applications.

I had to read this twice, Scorpion did not study?,, ooooooh go to the corner now young man. how dare you come to class unprepared..

B U S T E D ! C A U G H T O N F O R U M !

I do not study what my customers do not buy!

I got the multiplexor/VCR down pretty good though!!!

I got the multiplexor/VCR down pretty good though!!!

LoL!

And hi Ace, Not sure if you know... but you will need the special megapixel lens with that camera. (might not come with one at that price)

check out this thread for some real images from Megapixel cameras including the Arecont 3130M. http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11322

Looking at a Megapixel camera is like seeing HDTV for the first time it is amazing. Put any analog camera up against a Megapixel and you will see what I mean.

The Arecont is a good all around camera just keep in mind it does require a lot of hard drive space.

Let me know if you have an questions.

Depends on the specific purpose of the camera, sometimes analog has the edge sometimes megapixel but each location should be evaluated.

Feel free to PM me about system design or consulting, if you are even thinking about megapixel it's a no brainer as there are lots of gotchas in that game.

I second CollinR. You need to decide what you want from the camera before you pick your camera. No camera can do everything. If you want super high resolution you will have to accept weak low light or low frame rates. You can't have all things, even with money, unless you combine cameras in the same location ie mega pixel with another on the same scene.

So what do you expect. Frame rate, light level etc.

I second CollinR. You need to decide what you want from the camera before you pick your camera. No camera can do everything. If you want super high resolution you will have to accept weak low light or low frame rates. You can't have all things, even with money, unless you combine cameras in the same location ie mega pixel with another on the same scene.

So what do you expect. Frame rate, light level etc.

I'm getting 26fps at night 1.3Megapixels and 21fps daytime @ 3megapixels with the Arecont 3130M. Here is a night time image.

79804_1.jpg

I get good frame rates and good light images with the Arecont.

alright i'm sold...gotta get the arecont. What else should I get for a 3 camera system? I will leave it to a professional installer to hook everthing up, but what other equipment/dvr/computers do u guys reccomend?

I'm getting 26fps at night 1.3Megapixels and 21fps daytime @ 3megapixels with the Arecont 3130M. Here is a night time image.

I get good frame rates and good light images with the Arecont.

A 1/2" imager with 1.3MP can't be as sensitive as a 1/2" imager with 440K pixels can it? Surely there is a trade off between resolution and sensitivity.

To my knowledge there is no such trade however Arecont gets you in the optics as there is only a couple few decent lenses for them. Not to mention none few of them are varifocal I haven't seen any IR corrected (not a problem on 3130) so you better have lighting and and FOV calulations done before placement is even considered. If the lens you need doesn't exist you may not even really get the option.

Well that and the dealing with the rest of their needs, don't get me wrong I like em too but they are not really a beginner camera.

Also I would flip flop and physically install the camera yourself and pay to have a design drafted so you maximize your bang:buck.

3 HD cams isn't really enough either, well unless maybe you live in a tetrahedral pyramid 35-40 foot tall. Then it would totally kick butt!

To my knowledge there is no such trade however Arecont gets you in the optics as there is only a couple few decent lenses for them. Not to mention none few of them are varifocal I haven't seen any IR corrected (not a problem on 3130) so you better have lighting and and FOV calulations done before placement is even considered. If the lens you need doesn't exist you may not even really get the option.

Well that and the dealing with the rest of their needs, don't get me wrong I like em too but they are not really a beginner camera.

Also I would flip flop and physically install the camera yourself and pay to have a design drafted so you maximize your bang:buck.

3 HD cams isn't really enough either, well unless maybe you live in a tetrahedral pyramid 35-40 foot tall. Then it would totally kick butt!

Arecont has a list of lens from 4mm to 50mm that will fit the 3130M

To my knowledge there is no such trade however Arecont gets you in the optics as there is only a couple few decent lenses for them.

Really it's not Arecont it's 1/2" megapixel in general and you can put any CS mount lens on them and yes even 1/3" can be made workable. Surprising my normal fujinon lens was on part for quality with a couple few of these so called "megapixel" lenses. The reality is your options are small and expensive further effecting your bang:buck.