labdaddyx2

Night Image problem

I am running a VideoInsight card (VJ 60) with a CFC6300VF(NTSC) IR camera posted outside. I was getting great range (specs show a 250' IR throw) but now the image is bad. Camera is only 2 months old. Any ideas?

night1.jpg.57aa3cae1a55fa6416cf989eff294f0e.jpg

mid1.jpg.d54ddb98099194394e7e92634549b493.jpg

day1.jpg.fcdb8a7c642c69509e1757d58311db6a.jpg

Looks like an ARM camera that you might have got via Security Cameras Direct?

Honestly, those cameras are garbage. I have a client on a budget that we used this camera for. We put it at his gate and its only 75 feet away. Well, it worked great for about a week and then it failed. We requested a replacement, and the replacement failed. Then we requested a 3rd, it had some issues before we could even get it setup.

All in all, we went through about 5 of them both AC and DC versions. The camera is garbage! We ended up replacing the unit with a true day/night camera with a day/night lens and added an IR illuminator. It has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years now.

My recommendation would be to send that camera back if you have the option, it should have a 12 month warranty, and get into real equipment.

Your camera most likely has an internal power supply issue which is very common in those inexpensive cameras.

Just an FYI, your replacement setup is going to cost 2-4 times the cost of that camera.

Thanks for the info. Yes, It did come from them. Any suggestions for a future replacement?

What is your application? What are you trying to capture on video and at what distance?

Adjust your color saturation to 0 or the lowest setting for the time being, then you'll at least have a half decent picture but it'll be BW with color cam low light performance.

I have used that camera before in the past, and I never had any problems with it using AVTech DVRs!!

Do stand alone avoid this problem, and it is only with PC DVRs?

I wonder if I got lucky, or there has been a camera change inside such as what Rory suggested.

The OEMs change the guts of the cameras all the time .. just like Eclipse did

If they have then that will really ruin my day.

I liked that camera for attaching to boat docks so that I could watch a boat/yacht.

Watch a grown man cry!!

Ok customers! Sign over the pink slip to your vehicle and I ll get this new camera installed for you right away!

If you want a DVR then sign over the deed to your house!

Look at these.

Same Camera, Same DVR, Same Power Supply.

Speco CVC-627B.

I know these are not great cameras but the second one just started showing that blue noise a couple days ago.

Any ideas?

Cam7.jpg.7a23a05d21b1fc91d1a83793759737e9.jpg

Cam4.jpg.e959255952ac74cb7fba81fd9e6823f1.jpg

What is your application? What are you trying to capture on video and at what distance?

Traffic thru a front gate. Distance is about 75'. Due to the building location and trees, this is the best vantage point i could find.

Traffic thru a front gate. Distance is about 75'. Due to the building location and trees, this is the best vantage point i could find.

What you need is a decent camera... Try the WV-CP484... You will end up spending some bux, but you will get a lot better image.

PM Me, if you want one, I have an extra that is NIB.

Last time I saw the multi-colored thing at night it was an older CPCam CP576W DVR using Wavelet compression that was having a heck of a time trying to make sense of an slmost-black image. Even a motion-light turning on would fix up the image (until it went off again.)

Same camera is on my current and the red/blue specks are not present. I'm pretty sure my issue was with the wavelet compression.

I was having the same problem. I called Video Insight tech support and they walked me through some settings in the task settings and the problem is fixed. you should call them or just look for one of the guys on here. i am pretty sure any of them could help you. i can't remember the setting right now or i would tell you. hope this helps.