jeromephone

Ease of use for customer

I am starting to see the main selling point to the customer is ease of use.

They really don't care about tech specks so much as they do how do I playback and incident? How o I give a copy to the police? We have put inn a couple of the csi/speco dvrs, and found them to be more end user friendly than some units we installed even a couple of months ago. We have an EZR4 in our shop and we just set the amount of hours we want and let it run. Just using that unit as a trial. We are not pushing cd burners as the price of 2-4 gig zip drives has gone down so much we are encouraging the to use those as their backup device. I guess my question is are others seeing this same trend and do you have a user friendly units you like. I am a small shop and want to carry one brand of stand-alone so the tecks don't have to learn a whole bunch of different systems.

I am starting to see the main selling point to the customer is ease of use.

Yes althought if you know you DVR inside out it makes the user demo at the end of the installation run a whole lot smoother.

I think you are right to find a DVR brand and stick to it, your tech's will feel more comfortable with that and after a couple of jobs they will learn the inside outs.

I have used DM for too many years to remember and I can find my way around them, but recentley I have been using a cheaper brand and it took three or four installations for me feel comfortable with it.

There's nothing worse trying to show a Customer how to use a DVR whilst you are flicking throught the manual - doesn't look very proffessional

The other thing when making your decision about what DVR to specify is the Tech Support from the supplier / manufacturer. Call them and ask them a few simple questions e.g burning an image to disk and see if they are conversant with the product.

A good demo at the end of the job ensures you get those recomendations that keep us going !

A good demo at the end of the job ensures you get those recomendations that keep us going !

This is very true but even then they will always call you to ask "how do you do that?"

In my opinion it's always been about ease of use for the customer as they are the ones that are going to be using it constantly. Also just remember, if they are not comfortable with using the unit take a guess who's going to be getting a service call even over the smallest thing? Yep... you are.

I use a unit from T.O.M Technology that has a great interface as well as easy to get through and do probably anything you want seamlessly and easily. If any of you decide to get away from those units you're using and need more info on mine I know my unit inside and out just gimme a buzz.

But just some of it's small specs are

4-8-16 channel unit all 120fps

Built in CDRW and VGA/Svideo/BNC Output.

1 - HDD Capable and up to 750gb max.

Lots of other specs but I won't clog this thread with it.

Holla,

John

But most times... lowest price still win out.

Most customers dun care about how to search, how to backup, UNTIL INCCIDENTS happens.

Before that, all they care is prices. Had a unit that's much more easier to backup, at a slightly higher price, abt $100 more. But most customers still choose to go for the cheaper one.

So quote for higher price one, you'll just lose business. That's just my opinion.

I use a unit from T.O.M Technology

Holla,

John

Which one are u refering from your website

DX, EX, LX....?

EX Series

It's a silver unit with a blue lcd display and flipdown reflective front panel.

Can't miss it!

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks,

John

But most times... lowest price still win out.

Most customers dun care about how to search, how to backup, UNTIL INCCIDENTS happens.

That about sums it up for me !