pingsquare

Best Mainboard for Kodicom

Hi peeps,

i seem to be experiencing problem with the kodicom 4400 and 8800 video capture card because of incompatible motherboard. Care to share what is the best mainboard around for kodicom as well as geovision? thank you!!!

According to Kodicom, the best are boards based on Intel chipsets.

According to my expirience, best value and performance boards for most dvr cards, are based on SiS 651/661 chipsets (Onboard VGA). If you intend to plug more than 8 cameras to the card, use an ATI display board (Radeon 7000 64MB will be enough), Pentium 4 processor, and 512MB of memory are recommended.

Edited by Guest

i bought the boards from a local seller here.anyway i'm from malaysia. Tried with via chipset...does not work.Tried with intel chipset, some give problem and some doesn't. Perhaps you can give me a clue on what mainboard renders the best performance for kodicom capture boards.Thank you.

well im using a albatron via chipset and its working fine. one thing though, kodicom doesnt work with windows xp. windows 98 is the best for 400r card. pm me if you need updated software for ur capture card. I have it.

Hi to all the pro out there...do anyone knows how to reset the password for the diginet site program password without reinstalling the whole thing again?

Try thsi ASUS motherboard. I think thats what i3DVR uses for their DVR's using the Kodicom PCI boards.

Why not using intel original motherboard? 100% compatible. At least 3 year warranties, favourable to installers.

I am using Kodicom 4404 and experiencing "jagged edges". Does anyone know the reason for this?

My Computer Specs:

P4 2Ghz

512MB DDR

80GB HDD

ATI Radeon 9200 128MB VC

IBM Motherboard (Intel Chipset)

Kodicom DigiNet (resolution 640x480)

Thanks!

the 640 X 480 resolution is causing this, this is very common on DVR boards that use the BT chips that have no power regulators.