Sneaker

Geovision

DARNIT --- Hit the Brick wall AGAIN!

PER Zina at Geovision

Subject of the site Worldeyecam.com:

"Not a customer in our database. Where are you located? It may be

better if we would just recommend you one. Of course you may not get the

cheapest in market, but since our product needs certain level of after sale service (for example we upgrade certain things only through authorized distributor, if you purchased from a unknown source, you may pay extra for services). Please consider."

Another let down --- Are there ANY LEGIT Geovision websites ANYWHERE ??? If I goto a local dealer just for a DVR Card, he will jack his price up & not come off $1 !!! Matter of fact I am sure all of them will in person ... no room to play with them ... STUCK --- AGAIN!

No hits & SEVERAL strikes ...

Zina forwarded me to Bonnie at Geovision who sent me contact information on a nearby dealer so I could purchase a supported Geovision DVR card ... WELL ... I just contacted this Dealer and they said NO --- They Sell NO DVR Cards to ANYONE at all ... SHOT DOWN AGAIN!!!

Waiting to hear back from them on more sources ... Does anyone know of an AUTHORIZED WEBSITE selling Geovision DVR Cards ??? A Site that can be verified in Geovisions database ??? Thanks..

Well, easy, there is so much **** with GEO, and with their prices, forget about them. I dunno why there is so much loyalty to such a piece of ***** company, I honestly am supprised that they have lasted this long.

Just go ahead and get another card

Well, easy, there is so much **** with GEO, and with their prices, forget about them. I dunno why there is so much loyalty to such a piece of ***** company, I honestly am supprised that they have lasted this long.

Just go ahead and get another card

I'm new to this whole area, but, after getting no response to my questions from their sales department and reading many of the posts in this forum, beginning to come to the same conclusion about Geovision.

What alternative cards do you recommend?

Just got a reply to my e-mail from worldeyecam.com sounds like this might have been what caused the problem with getting geovision to find them in their database. From the e-mail it would seem they purchase their geovision cards from one of the US distributors. So if they claim it is authentic and turns out to be bogus that would be fraud and you could seek recourse both legal and through your credit issuer. Just my $0.02

Hello xxxxx,

There are only 2 authorized Distributors of Geovision Products in North America, we are actually authorized dealers of Geovision products. All our products come directly from our Geovision Distributor, so to answer your question...we sell only authentic Geovision Cards.

On another note, we are currently offering free UPS ground shipping for online orders.

Thanks,

Frank

Nice work ... I tried calling them earlier today and never got an answer ... Good prices (I GUESS ??!?!?!?!?) WHo knows what the $$%$%#@ a good price is for these DVR's ... There are so many "DEALERS" buying from one of the 2 "DISTRIBUTORS" in this country ... and they ALL have different prices ... too many counterfeits floating around to really throw a wrench in the mix! Wish I could physically inspect one before I purchased! Think I am more & more leaning away from Geovision --- just too darn high ...

Now thats a though ... Heck, why don't I just apply my corporation for a DEALER account ... there are so darn many dealers offering partnerships out there, you can even fillout the apps online within the site ...

TRY

www.altechvision.com (sales_bne@altechvision.com.au)

they are relaible and have good pricing....

61730172080 ask for Stephen and tell him Middy sent you...

GEOvision is the BEST on the MARKET.. nothing else even compares, tellme what dvr can do item tracking, image counting, there are features I havent even used on these machines,

Ive built a few and also bought a few units preconfigured for WTY-

Im doing a 9 cam system now with GV1000 for quality and quoting another GV1000 with 11 cams as we speak....

if you dont use GEO ur a fool, and not offering your customers the best, Pricing is competitive NOW it wasnt always before....

CYAS

MCS, i see where you're coming from, im a geo fan too, however ive started cutting down on the amount of installations, i prefer standalones for most of my jobs now, mainly because my distributor is giving 3yr warranty.

Problem with Geovision is, its got too many features, that may sound a bit silly, but for 90% of my customers, all they want is the ability to record, playback and backup an incident, rest of the time they dont even look at the system. I dont want to give my customers a PC Based system, which

1. they're not using to the full potential,

2. They have to go through all that headache to backup up 5mins of video when one of my standalones can do it by a click of a button

3. Headache for me when the guy says 3 months later, i want a monitor at the front of the shop, (Looking at the i-view cards for this issue, found out all the cards have a tv out!)

If you're going to use the features, then fine its probably one of the best products out there, and most cost-effective for high frame rate recording, networking and all that, if not you're wasting you're money.

I agree with cctvinstaller on a lot of his points, Geo is good but one of the problems with Geo is that different versions don't like being viewed remotely with the same version of Multiview.

This can be a considerable problem when you have a customer with multiple sites already and they have a new system. Messages such as invalid version start appearing.

I have 1 customer with more than 10 systems & we've got to keep supplying him with the older software or upgrade all his existing systems.

Anybody found a way round this?

I cant stand PC based DVRs as it is, lower image quality, pain in the a** with maintenance and PC issues .. etc .. they are cheap, for sure, but anyway, the only one that has caught my eye is the Iview as the software at least looks professional, GEO is the uggliest one ive seen .. looks like some anime crap. Most of those features are useless.

We install between 150 to 200 Geovision systems a year, we also use stand alone dvrs.

While the Geo system is not perfect, it has lots of very poor gui points for instance, we find it is the only system that we have tried that has the facilities that most of our customers need.

If the pc is the right spec & built correctly then it should be stable.

We were always trying different cards but have yet to find such a stable & versatile one.

I can only speak as I find.

I have 2 seperate businesses, cctv installation & computer retail.

Obviously in this day and age the 2 businesses go together.

I am a wireman but obviously it is to my benefit to use the computer expertise from the computer business.

The 2 businesses can also feed off each other in areas such as schools, local authorities & commercial customers.

Obviously in this day and age the 2 businesses go together.

only for the part of CCTV where it is needed, like networking the DVR.

Ofcourse running a PC business in the UK is probably alot easier than running one here, its either or, here. We have to import everything ..

Plus there isnt enough time in my 20 hour day for CCTV now ... let alone researching the latest PC stuff, as i did in the past.

I stay away from the local authority (government) here ... too much payoffs are required to get jobs with them ..

Does anyone know if GeoVision has in plans integration of Network Cameras into their systems? I heard from multiple sources that it's a dead end and they dont even think about it. Thats my let down with GV....

Oh, well... start looking for good hybrid systems....