kaysadeya

Intellicam

Data, Don't worry about this character, I'll have his name and IP blocked tonight.

Data, Don't worry about this character, I'll have his name and IP blocked tonight.

I'll love it!

Intellicam the OEM. That's actually pretty funny. There DVMR / Argus DVR's are pretty crappy, but they do have another DVR made by Argus that is coming out soon in 4,8 and 16, JPEG-2000 and dynamic IP support. I'll probably will try one of those while I wait for the Intellix/Lexion DVR. Talking about the cheap systems.

GE DVR .. the bestest stand alone ... i could care less what it says on it once it does the job .. im not scared of losing my clients ... is anyone else ..?

Ive never downed the Intellicam DVR, never really used it, but the other DVRs I have used, which use the same remote software, all have the same issues over the lan as each other. I have very briefly used an intellicam at a local establishment, but cant say as they had crappy cameras connected to it.

Anyways, as for the cheapest 4 channel that just works, and has lan and never ever crashes .. http://powertelecomm.com.hosting.domaindirect.com/product_r4000.htm

Im testing soon another one ...

http://www.cpcam.com.tw/dvr.htm

and the AvTech (also sold by PowerTellecom as the R16000) is the bestest entry level 16 chanel ive used, doesnt crash, ever.

These are all the lowest priced budget DVRs right now .. on this side of the globe ... and they dont crash

For general dealer prices, yall can post in the dealer section to get some ideas. Lets leave this section to the retail pricing only.

Rory

Whoa! I've been pretty busy this last month with a new job and haven't been able to check much into this site. I had no idea I was being sued by Intellicam! Hey, now this is getting interesting!

All due respect, Gen IV is Garbage. This is from a non-biased Security Installer.

Though I rarely agree with DataAve, I have to agree. I own and use a variety of camera brands and my Gen IV is by far the lowest performer of my day/nights. The daytime image is fine, but the night image is horrible. Tried the camera in different locations, but no joy with any of them.

See my other posts on this camera for details.

Edited by Guest

Though I rearly agree with DataAve

We will have no "rearly" here!

Right. Another endearing comment from DataAve. Corrected.

kasedeya where you been ..! Yeah telacam tinks you is a big CCTV company ..

nah, cant say anymore on this subject guys, us dealers have to stay out of this now ..

kasedeya where you been ..! Yeah telacam tinks you is a big CCTV company ..

I've been really busy (long story). Still in the process of catching up with the latest CCTV news. Sounds like our new little friend, 'intell', needs to get a grip. You don't 'win' loyal customers from this forum by threatening them.

That is not a Reputable Dealer. That was the most unprofessional manner of a situation I have ever seen - that was poorly handled. I have never seen anything like it. We do a lot of Government/Schools/Towns/Cities and sometimes they don't pay up immediately, in fact, they rarely do, which makes us behind. We get so thin with cash, sometimes we need to float. Mind you, I am only an installer, but the company I work for is like family and I know what goes on and I treat the work I do as if I was doing my own house. If there is anyone here that that should be ashamed of themselves, it should be intellicam.