qman

Witness DVR Screenshot

Here is a Screenshot of the remote viewing software

I''ll post more pics of the actual server side once I have this unit setup

freeview.jpg

Here is a pick of the IE Browser viewer:

iebrowser.jpg

HERE IS A PIC OF THE REMOTE DOWNLOAD, CHOOSE WHAT EVENT YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD AND REVIEW.

remotedownload.jpg

Edited by Guest

yah need to close out that Ati toolbar man, tink its slowing your PC down alotz !

is that java or ActiveX?

and is that 12 degrees i see!!!!!!!

darn, like 60 here and im freezin my butt off!

Nah, the ATI toolbar doesn't affect me, plus I use it constanstly

and Yes, it's not too bad, I should have sent you a screenshot when it was

-5 degrees sunday

It's ActiveX by the way

Well, they've been around since 95, and they just don't like to do the cheap marketing bull**** that Geo does. They only handle high end clientele, but now they decided to drop prices enough to be able to be afforded by most of us.

Tell you one thing, RELIABLE, and STABLE.

you think it's better than Geovision hardware and software?

and how does the prices compare to a GV800-8 channel video card compared to the same 8 channel card in this companY?

hehe, well, I KNOW that they are better than GEO crap, and the prices, well,

RETAIL:

GV-800, lowest I found it, a "authorized" reseller, $699.99

The CC-1408ASE-XP: $499.99

Dealers? come to the Dealer Section to get more info

why do you call Geovision crap when they are by far the most popular PC DVR system?

must be a reason for that... and that their prices are high and people still keep buying them..

McDonalds measures their sales in percentage of world population served that day. But I wouldn't call thier food the best.

why do you call Geovision crap when they are by far the most popular PC DVR system?

must be a reason for that... and that their prices are high and people still keep buying them..

Ok, it's 3AM, and I just have to answer this question in the best possible way.

There are aproximately 10-15 manufacturers of DVR CARDS. These manufacturers sell their cards to "Software" developers. These software developers create a DVR software to record, view, log, ETC video transmision.

There are over 500 (I verified it) companies that sell their own version of a DVR card. It can be in the range of "pico 2000" .99cent software, to Witness, or Geo, or kodicom, ect.

Very very few of these companies have CCTV background before coming to market with their dvr products. Most of them basicaly, like a smart business man, saw a new hot market for a particular type of product, and, to beat the competition, rushed to sell their products without doing the proper quality control checks. Many of these companies lack the personel that is true Knowledgueble to provide proper support after the sale.

Ok, so this post don't take over the entire forum, let's just narrow it down to GEO, since that's who you are askin about.

Geo is very famous because of their marketing stratergy. What does this mean? Basically, my little brother, with enough cash to buy 25 card direct, can contact geo, and say that he's a dealer, create a fake website on let's say geocities.com, and say that he's a dealer, and guess what? geo will sell him the cards, and call it a day. Many TRUE distributors and dealers on this forum, DVR-Australia for example, can tell you that this is true, and how frustraiting it can be, expecially since geo basically went around the world, telling everyone who would sell their products, that they are going to give them "exclusivity" for their region, or sometimes their country, only to find out that 2 months down the road, your competitor has been told the same thing, and he's 2 blocks away.

Now, the software. I'm not going to be a hipocrate and sit here and say that their software is crap, because it's not, but it looks like a high school kid with too much time on his hands created it. It's not professional at all, everytime that you want to use a different funtion, like the webserver, or the log viewer, you have to open a different program everytime, instead of just creating a "central shell", where all funcions are streamlined into one program. If you click on the log viewer, just look at the windows taskbar, and there will be 2 programs open. You are going to spend all this money on their products, and it does not even have a decent GUI? come on!!!

Support. I'm just going to say this as simple as I can. Can anyone here tell me that you can call geo direct, weather is in their US or Taiwan offices, and talk to the egenieers who created and maintain and upodate the actual software that runs their cards? I-View, you can.

One more thing, did you know that the cards that geo uses are not manufactured by them? they buy OEM like almost everyone else, while I-view, manufactures their own. Don't you think that there is a little advantage of manufacturing your own cards and designing the software with both set of engenieers right next to eachother?

Come on!!!!!!

I recently purchased and received a Witness DVR card and software from Herminnshs ... This is my first DVR card/installation that will replace a 7 camera VCR system ... The software is VERY user friendly and stable, I received a professional looking package with manual and labeled CD (not some burned CDR) & much appreciated extras ... and it is ALL 100% english!

herminshs has been there 100% since day 1 and is quick to answer any and all questions ... Very glad I came here looking for answers!

The software is packed full of so many features that I am still learning to use ...

Many thanks again Herminshs! A+ Customer service! Look forward to purchasing from you again ...

Someone steers me right like this, you can bet I'm gonna recommend them and their product!!!

DVR Card :Witness CP-1408ASE-T - 8-channel 120fps

System : Intel P4 3.2 HT, Intel 915g express chipset, 200gb SATA

Drive, 1gb mem, 128mb Ge-force, DVD-RW, XP-Pro.

Another satisfied customer

Well, a lot of people still think that GEO is the best thing out there, but at least I have testimony from someone saying that there is a better alternative.

Geo is too confusing for just anyone, plus they are too expensive and the quality is not all hipped up as it seems.

I'm not saying that the Witness DVR is the best in the world, but when it comes to features and simplicity of use, plus stability and realibility, there is, my personal opinion, nothing better for the price.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Well, that depends, the card itself goes for 499.99, (16 CH 599.99)

Then it depends on what specs you want to use for the pc

an interesting fact is that I was able, just for the hell of it, use an Athlon 64 based system, and the darn thing still working with no problems!!, Although it's been only 2 days, but after 14, I'm going to certify that it'll work with Athlon 64, as opose to a more expensive P4 solution.

If you are interested, we do sell systems (p4 based) already set to go with everything included.

Well, that depends, the card itself goes for 499.99, (16 CH 599.99)

Then it depends on what specs you want to use for the pc

an interesting fact is that I was able, just for the hell of it, use an Athlon 64 based system, and the darn thing still working with no problems!!, Although it's been only 2 days, but after 14, I'm going to certify that it'll work with Athlon 64, as opose to a more expensive P4 solution.

If you are interested, we do sell systems (p4 based) already set to go with everything included.

It would be a dedicated PC, so the minimum specs to run the card as advertised. You know, I wouldn't want to put in a 256Mb video card in it if a 128 will work as advertised. Same with RAM and CPU. So basically enough, but not overbuilt.

Now that I think about it. I might have the starting of an ok PC. I'll have to check the main board. But I think it's a Socket 478. But I would have to buy a CPU. ATI Rage 128 for sure and 256MB SDR.

i only need a 5pps 4 channel for my 600mhz PC

Well, then you REALLY don't want to catch that thief then now, do you?

i only need a 5pps 4 channel for my 600mhz PC

Well, then you REALLY don't want to catch that thief then now, do you?

they are on crack, they move kinda slowww... and hang out in one spot tripping for a while ..

they are on crack, they move kinda slowww... and hang out in one spot tripping for a while ..

LoL! shows ya what I know. I would of thought crack made you move faster.

But anyway. Thanks for the PM Hermin.