Lucashugh82

Poor picture quailty? Or is that what I get with this equip

Color is poor. A lot of noise (in a well lit room) for what i thought was an ok camera.

I have a Sony SSCE473

The camera is being powered by a class 2 transformer : MGT2420

I think part of the problem might be that I am running the video and power through a 100' combined cable. Then I have it split into 2 RCAs running one to each TV. 130 feet to travel is that too much? Any advice that isnt too expensive would be great. Thanks in advance.

Color is poor. A lot of noise (in a well lit room) for what i thought was an ok camera.

I have a Sony SSCE473

The camera is being powered by a class 2 transformer : MGT2420

I think part of the problem might be that I am running the video and power through a 100' combined cable. Then I have it split into 2 RCAs running one to each TV. 130 feet to travel is that too much? Any advice that isn't too expensive would be great. Thanks in advance.

I've used many of these with great images, no problems.

What type of cable "100' combined cable" are you referring to?

V Phase will have no effect on your picture. It is just for use when you are trying to synchronize two cameras.

Level is for use with an auto-iris lens. It is used to adjust the iris opening. It will have no effect if you are using a manual iris lens.

You can not "split" composite video signals and that may be the source of your problem. To feed video to multiple monitors and/or recorders, you must use a Distribution Amp or an RF Modulator.

Thanks for the response.

Now that there is natural light coming into the room the colors look a lot better then last night.

I have a fujinon auto iris lens.

You said, "you can not split composite video"

I have the RCA "Y" adapter. Do you think that is my problem?

What is the best way to hook the camera up to two TVs?

Does the 100 foot combined cable cause any noticeable loss?

Thanks

Swann 100ft/30m BNC to BNC Cable with DC Power Cable : SW271-S30

I bought it at frys for $30 bucks. I cut the ends off the power cable so i could hook it up to this camera and the power supply.

I bought it at frys for $30 bucks. I cut the ends off the power cable so i could hook it up to this camera and the power supply.

Just add a Distribution Amplifier and you'll be good to go.

Do you think a distributor amp will make that big of a difference? If I switched the 100 foot cable for a 10 foot cable with separate power would that help? thanks

Do you think a distributor amp will make that big of a difference? If I switched the 100 foot cable for a 10 foot cable with separate power would that help? thanks

There is no problem with the cable.

Yes a amp will make a big difference. The problem you're experiencing results mainly from low signal.

I've split video feeds with standard splitters and had no problems in some cases.

OK, soon as radio shack is open I will go pick one up. I wonder if walmart has one. Does it matter to much what kind i get? Thanks again for all the help.

OK, soon as radio shack is open I will go pick one up. I wonder if walmart has one. Does it matter to much what kind i get? Thanks again for all the help.

What's the distance between TV's?

This setup is for a baby monitor. Living room then baby room then master. Maybe 15-20 feet.

The only reason I bought the 100 foot if for later use we are going to move soon. So I could bypass it with a 5 foot RCA then "Y Split" into the 30' RCAs that go to each room.

This setup is for a baby monitor. Living room then baby room then master. Maybe 15-20 feet.

The only reason I bought the 100 foot if for later use we are going to move soon. So I could bypass it with a 5 foot RCA then "Y Split" into the 30' RCAs that go to each room.

See if any of the TV's have a video out.

Well I have tried a few things including buying Distribution amp from radio shack.

The thing that helped the most was bypassing the 100' combined power and video cable. I still have the power running through the cable just not the video. I basically took off 95 feet of cable.

The distribution amp helped as well but not nearly as much.

Now I need to figure out the best settings for this camera?????

Still trying to decided if a 50 dollar distributor amp is worth it.

There is no problem with the cable.

Yes a amp will make a big difference. The problem you're experiencing results mainly from low signal.

I've split video feeds with standard splitters and had no problems in some cases.

The thing that helped the most was bypassing the 100' combined power and video cable. I still have the power running through the cable just not the video. I basically took off 95 feet of cable.

I think together you've hit on the problem: splitting the signal *combined with* the (somewhat) long run. I've split signals many times, with only minor drops in picture level.

Another part of the equation might be the TYPE of coax you're using - RG/59, RG/6, RG/58, or otherwise. I'm assuming by "combined power and video" you're referring to either "siamese" cable (separate coax and 18/2 wires connected by a web) or "bundled" coax/power where both run inside a common sheath, as is often provided with cheap cameras?

Either way, the fact that power and video are "combined" in one run is probably irrelevant. The cable impedance, factored with the length of the run, AND with the splitting, is what's really giving you headaches.

We Never use a splitters we use a cheap 1 in 2 out amp or loop through a monitor or sometimes a quad. Look in PI MFg website or any place the sells cctv and you will find either the one in two out or one in 4 out amps. Your RG-59 is not the problem we have run it 500 ft or more and the pictures are fine.

Yep, 100 feet is nothing for cctv rg-59. I'm guessing you have the pre-fab siamese 18/2 rg-59 COPPER cable?

The issue is absolutely the t-tap/splitter you are using. You need a distribution amp for sure. You can't split 1 volt peak to peak, 75 ohm terminated, composite video like that. Well, you can, it just won't work very well, like what you have there now.

I am a newbie on this stuff, so I am trying what yall say and trying different things.

Is there any problem with converting a BNC to RCA and running it direct to a TV? will there be single loss? If it is direct to one tv no splitting do I need any thing else besides the adapter?

I am a newbie on this stuff, so I am trying what yall say and trying different things.

Is there any problem with converting a BNC to RCA and running it direct to a TV? will there be single loss? If it is direct to one tv no splitting do I need any thing else besides the adapter?

There is no problem converting BNC to RCA and running it to one TV.

You can just use one of these. No additional equipment is required.

images.jpg.83d08d4684574dd23370c0f214fb690b.jpg

I have used T-split and distributed the signal 300' on several sets with fairly good picture with RG59+2 copper cables. It's not optimal, the best is a distr. amp. for sure. But you say you cut the ends on the prefab cable, which means you have pressed a new BNC at both ends, are you sure this is done correctly? Also when you had the excess cable, was it rolled up in a coil? A split and a coiled cable of unknown impedance and quality and perhaps a short in a BNC, you could have some problems with the image quality.

Thanks for the feedback.

I only cut the ends of the power cable not the BNC.

The coil was wrapped circular same way that you buy it.

I have tried it with just the splitter and direct to one tv only: The results for me seem to be the same...

I guess I thought the picture would be of SD TV quialty if not better. The colors seem to be off a little.

Howerver the quailty is alot better then what I started with.

Thanks for the feedback.

I only cut the ends of the power cable not the BNC.

The coil was wrapped circular same way that you buy it.

I have tried it with just the splitter and direct to one tv only: The results for me seem to be the same...

I guess I thought the picture would be of SD TV quialty if not better. The colors seem to be off a little.

Howerver the quailty is alot better then what I started with.

Did you check with another split?

Edit: I just saw that you use an RCA-split. Let me get this straight. First camera, camera connected to coax with BNC. Other end, BNC to RCA converter, then RCA-split. The split is a female with two male on short cables? The male to TV. To TV direct or via extension?

If this is your configuration, I'd use a BNC T-split and BNC-RCA Adapters at the TV-sets. This would involve two coax-patches, from BNC-split to BNC-RCA-adapter.

It could be that your RCA-split is 50 ohms and parallell-coupled it could screw up the picture like your description.

That is how I first had it:

"First camera, camera connected to coax with BNC. Other end, BNC to RCA converter, then RCA-split. The split is a female with two male on short cables"

Now I have the camera (BNC connection) direct to BNC to RCA converter. I am not using any Coaxial cable.

This cable is junk. Get better cable from a local electrical supply. Tell them your looking for cctv siamese and they will know what your are talking about. rj58 or rj59 will both work fine.

This cable is junk. Get better cable from a local electrical supply. Tell them your looking for cctv siamese and they will know what your are talking about. rj58 or rj59 will both work fine.

Not RG-58. It is the wrong impedance. Use RG-59 or RG-6. Make sure the cable has a solid copper center conductor, not copper clad steel. Also, make sure the cable has at least 95% braided copper shield, not aluminum or steel.