I used a 3/4" bit to drill through the siding of the house.. it's was big but required to fit the siamese + BNC.

Now I was wondering if anyone has a favorite way to seal it back up?

spray foam? foam rod + caulk?

I do want to be able to remove it incase I need to change the camera.. (the BNC connection I shoved inside the attic).

Of the two choices I would use foam rod + caulk. Spray foam is great but the few times I have had to remove the stuff was no fun. The caulk would take paint better too I bet...

How about being the envy of all your buddies and do it like this :

97847_1.jpg

Foam rod and caulk could work. Usually for holes in wood siding and what not we just use paintable caulk. Be sure it is paintable otherwise the paint won't adhere to it should the homeowner decide to paint it.

Like C7 said though, using an outdoor rated outlet box with a gasketed cover is the way to do it. You can even install a gland nut on the knockout where you run the cable through to make sure it is sealed tight.

I just use caulk, or silicone sealant.

I would only use foam spray if R value was of the essence.

I just ran in to this for the first time! I was drilling in to a block wall when styrofoam came pouring out. It looked like someone cut open a bean bag chair!

Here I am drilling on a ladder, and I am covered in snow! LOL!

What a pain in the neck, but three feet lower!

I was drilling in to a block wall when styrofoam came pouring out. It looked like someone cut open a bean bag chair!

Here I am drilling on a ladder, and I am covered in snow! LOL!

What a pain in the neck, but three feet lower!

HaHa. Was it a block wall with styrofoam in it, or was it a syrofoam wall that has been plastered? We did a winery with styrofoam walls. They were about 18" thick!

I use a product called Duct Seal. It is a non hardening plumber putty like substance. It seals against dust, noise, drafts, and moisture. I press it in around the conduit, or wiring and thats it. Never had a problem. It sells in one pound blocks at Home Depot.

My .02

It was a block wall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinder_block

The hollow section was foam filled!

I was a mess when I was working on the inside of the place!

I tried my best to "pat" myself down, and shake it out of my hair!

I wish I had that event on a camcorder!

Maybe I should start doing my installs live streaming with a web cam!

I use a product called Duct Seal. It is a non hardening plumber putty like substance. It seals against dust, noise, drafts, and moisture. I press it in around the conduit, or wiring and thats it. Never had a problem. It sells in one pound blocks at Home Depot.

My .02

After I posted my reply I thought about duct seal as well. We use that to seal holes on communications sites where the cables pass through the entry port, if there are extra holes or spaces. Keeps the bugs out

My .02

After I posted my reply I thought about duct seal as well. We use that to seal holes on communications sites where the cables pass through the entry port, if there are extra holes or spaces. Keeps the bugs out

Yup! Great stuff. If you need to remove it, you just pull it out, then stick it back in when you are finished. I bet you can paint it too.