nikianne

Sentient cctv backing up to USB

I have a Sentient cctv kit but when I try to backup the images I have recorded to USB it says "filesystem open failed". I originally thought the memory stick I had was not compatible but I have bought one it says in the instructions should be compatible and it still won't work. Can anyone offer any advice?

May be you need to download a view software to view these files if you view via a pc, I am not sure. Hope it helps!

Hi,

I had the same problem,but found out that if you format as "FAT" you get the message "filesystem open failed"

This is what I do:

Check your usb device by doing a usb test to make sure it says "you can use this device"

Then format the usb drive as (FAT32)

Then it should work fine.

Regards Gary

Hi,

I have a similar model: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=350932

but my problem, is my usb properties say it is FAT and I can save the files to the stick ok but trying to play them back on my pc using the installed playback software that came with the kit, does not work.

It shows a quad cam setup like I have installed but only displays the first frame of 1 camera and does not play..

Any help greatly appreciated..

Thanks David..

Hi,

I have a similar model: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=350932

but my problem, is my usb properties say it is FAT and I can save the files to the stick ok but trying to play them back on my pc using the installed playback software that came with the kit, does not work.

It shows a quad cam setup like I have installed but only displays the first frame of 1 camera and does not play..

Any help greatly appreciated..

Thanks David..

insert your usb drive into your pc click start / my computor then right mouse click /click format then click fat or fat32 and then start.

I managed to do it last week. It took a while.

Yes, check USB on DVR, then format on PC. The pc asked if I wanted to format, so that was easy. Then it worked fine back in the DVR.

I now have a problem, that I lost the software disc. So now I can't playback the footage on the new PC.

Is there a player available that can be down loaded to view this?

None of the std players work

Is there not an option in the backup function that puts the player software on the USB stick? Aver and AVTech/CPCam do this. Sorry, I have no experience with Sentient.

Hi

I have the same DVR, to playback i use windows media player, but first you have to convert the files from H264 to AVI, the software is avaliable on the maplin page as a link http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=350932.

This convert the files to AVI and should play on windows media player, if not then you might be prompted to download a codec, i used FFDS http://free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm and it plays ok.

I also back up using a usb stick, if you go to the search page on the dvr you can select the files you want to back up, i have set my DVR to record 15min files so that they are not too obig and can easily be scanned and also have set motion detection so for the most time i can ignore all files execpt the ones where the motion detection was active. Also if you look at the file that is backed up to the USB stick, the file name contains the date and time and camera number etc.

Hope this helps, Im still playing about with this to view over the internet, nearly there, have never tried to do this before but this and other forums have been a great help

Dave

Hi

I'm having the same problem with my sentient cctv system I have formated the USB to Fats2 and it still wouldnt open on my laptop and as I'm quite a novice with these systems I'm at an end of what to try next as I need to down load the images so he police can have the copy. nothing I try seems to help any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi

I'm having the same problem with my sentient cctv system I have formated the USB to Fats2 and it still wouldnt open on my laptop and as I'm quite a novice with these systems I'm at an end of what to try next as I need to down load the images so he police can have the copy. nothing I try seems to help any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi would this be the maplins dvr under the name of sentient. formatting in fat32 is what you need. but your pc will not open the files you also need to load the viewing software onto your pc. look for file on software then direct it to your pen drive. but you will have another problem the police will also need the software to view your footage. it depends on your footage to if they will bother doing so. they dont like loading software onto there system

http://www.suffolk.police.uk/NR/rdonlyres/A5A8E84C-7AC5-4063-BB02-43F466CE7DF9/0/UKPoliceRequirments.pdf