I will try and get the hd4000 online this week. I am off recovering from surgery and should be able to get it running soon I will send you a link and admin password so you can play with it

I will try and get the hd4000 online this week. I am off recovering from surgery and should be able to get it running soon I will send you a link and admin password so you can play with it

thank you very much

I would be interested to see how it compares with the Axis Q1755 so far im really impressed with it only negative is the focus hunts at bit and at night

with the cut filter off a bit more.

Has anyone gotten their hands on this Sanyo HD4000? How does it campare to the IQ HD1080p series and the Axis Q1755 esepcially the low light capability? Thanks

I'd put it a little above the Arecont (except for the advantage of the H.264 at full resolution), but the new Panasonic WV-NP502 is hard to beat at night.

I'm looking to try one of the new models that has the same imager / lens, but not all the bells and whistles, that could be one I would plan to use more of.

the new Panasonic WV-NP502 is hard to beat at night.

I've been testing my Panasonic 502 for a couple of weeks and overall I am pleased with the camera. Given your enthusiasm for the night performance, I want to compare my settings to make sure I'm getting the best performance possible.

My settings include:

Image Capture Mode = 1.3 megapixel

Super Dynamic = Off

Adaptive Black Stretch = Off

Back Light Compensation = Off

Light Control Mode = Outdoor Scene

AGC = On High

Auto Slow Shutter = Off (1/30s)

Level = High

Red Gain = Default

Blue Gain = Default

DNR = High

Stabilizer = Off

Chroma Gain Level = Default

Aperture Level = Default

Pedestal Level = Default

Are these settings similar to yours?

Best,

Christopher

How is the daytime image of the Panasonic? Also what models use the same imager? Or are you talking about future products?

I'd put it a little above the Arecont (except for the advantage of the H.264 at full resolution), but the new Panasonic WV-NP502 is hard to beat at night.

I'm looking to try one of the new models that has the same imager / lens, but not all the bells and whistles, that could be one I would plan to use more of.

How is the daytime image of the Panasonic? Also what models use the same imager? Or are you talking about future products?

The Panasonic WV-NW502 is available now. I like the 502 daytime performance for at least two reasons

- the day and night auto back focus feature allows the day and night focus to be set separately so that both can be in focus to compensate for any wavelength dispersion rather than splitting the difference with both out of focus.

- as a photographer, looking at extreme purple fringing is annoying, and the 502 images are quite nice in that regard for a megapixel security camera.

Best,

Christopher

Question on the resolution. I was reading a thread on the 502 and I was left with the impression that for it to do h264 compression it had to be set at 1.3MP and not 3MP. Can you clear that up for me? Can you set 2 different resolutions(i.e. 3MP for day and 1.3MP for night)?

How is motion blur? We have a NP472 in our garage (about 16 spaces) and it suffers serious tearing. Any movement near the door is unrecognizable.

The Panasonic WV-NW502 is available now. I like the 502 daytime performance for at least two reasons

- the day and night auto back focus feature allows the day and night focus to be set separately so that both can be in focus to compensate for any wavelength dispersion rather than splitting the difference with both out of focus.

- as a photographer, looking at extreme purple fringing is annoying, and the 502 images are quite nice in that regard for a megapixel security camera.

Best,

Christopher

the new Panasonic WV-NP502 is hard to beat at night.

I've been testing my Panasonic 502 for a couple of weeks and overall I am pleased with the camera. Given your enthusiasm for the night performance, I want to compare my settings to make sure I'm getting the best performance possible.

My settings include:

Image Capture Mode = 1.3 megapixel

Super Dynamic = Off

Adaptive Black Stretch = Off

Back Light Compensation = Off

Light Control Mode = Outdoor Scene

AGC = On High

Auto Slow Shutter = Off (1/30s)

Level = High

Red Gain = Default

Blue Gain = Default

DNR = High

Stabilizer = Off

Chroma Gain Level = Default

Aperture Level = Default

Pedestal Level = Default

Are these settings similar to yours?

Best,

Christopher

Actually, I've been running most of them in 3MP MJPEG mode, other settings the same. In the 1.3MP setting, nighttime performance should be better.

I'm not even sure how you would go about changing settings for Pedestal and Chroma on an IP camera, as these were traditionally measured with analog testers (or a oscilloscope)...

I was referring to the other new models in the Sanyo line, there are quite a few new ones. As far as the Panasonic cams, the WV-NP502 box cam and the WV-NW502S dome share the same components.

Question on the resolution. I was reading a thread on the 502 and I was left with the impression that for it to do h264 compression it had to be set at 1.3MP and not 3MP. Can you clear that up for me? Can you set 2 different resolutions(i.e. 3MP for day and 1.3MP for night)?

The camera does support a schedule feature which I have not tested, but I don't think you can schedule the 3MP vs 1.3MP mode because it requires a camera reboot. I leave the camera in 1.3MP mode for the best possible night images, but I have not explored all possible settings and I may be missing something.

Regarding h.264, I believe you are correct, the h.264 stream is 1.3MP even when the camera is set to 3MP mode. The JPEG capture mode can be set to 3MP or 1.3MP with camera reboot, but as I recall (I'll test this again tonight), the night images lose a stop in 3MP mode.

How is motion blur? We have a NP472 in our garage (about 16 spaces) and it suffers serious tearing. Any movement near the door is unrecognizable.

Again, there may be better settings, but the motion blur at night is quite bad for the settings I posted above. I'll continue to test shutter speed vs night lighting for best performance.

Best,

Christopher

How's the daytime motion blur? Thanks for your input.

Have not noticed any motion blur during the day. jpeg images of moving vehicles and people during the day are fine. I expect I can reduce motion blur at night if I increase the shutter speed, but of course, at the expense of available light. I'll try some tests tonight.

Best,

Christopher

VCC-HD4000 is crap at low light - well, like most of the CMOS cameras. By spec it draws hell 12w. Tested to max possible, max 6w, dont know why such a difference. Big bonus - built in 10-63mm AF lense which can be controlled from NVR software(Luxriot). Also, dont treat it as 4mpix camera, because it does only 2.5fps@4mpix.

2100, 2300, 2500 - too fresh, releasing new firmware every two weeks. Need to wait for few month.