Axis

What version are you running x.33?

JD

X.53

just got few days ago

Well then I am sure we use same!

hehe

JD

Well I think that HYBRID PC based will be the main stream for a while still! But offcourse will IP get more market share as well.

Did you see by the way that Qnap now supports IPC from Hik.

JD

JD by the way

have ? for

how many diff IP Cams your HIK soft support ?

my I believe support 4 or may be 5

I would say exactly same as you

JD

I guess "mother" is the same

Hehe, you dont know someone in Melbourne by the way? Since you brought up "mother" ?

JD

Well I think that HYBRID PC based will be the main stream for a while still! But offcourse will IP get more market share as well.

JD

JD by the way

have ? for

my I beleive support 4 or may be 5

just today got demo clips and live demo from Asia

cant believe my eyes

quality I never see before

if its true then Arecont Iqvision and all other have take a rest

it is only 2 MP

but by clarity beat any 3-5 MP I ever seen in my life

going to spent some time to investigate

Could you pm me a link I would like to see

JD

JD by the way

have ? for

my I beleive support 4 or may be 5

just today got demo clips and live demo from Asia

cant believe my eyes

quality I never see before

if its true then Arecont Iqvision and all other have take a rest

it is only 2 MP

but by clarity beat any 3-5 MP I ever seen in my life

going to spent some time to investigate

Could you pm me a link I would like to see

I would also like to have a look!

JD

And I also see you have aquestion there! The Hikvision SDK at the moment only support up to 2MP, so all software written on HIK SDK have max 2MP.

JD

looks like LuxRiot you can run both IP and analog cameras correct? think my geovision will work?

Luxriot will not work with Geovision

They using somebody else card

But you can run both analog and IP on Geovision too! If it is not a copy then!

JD

That said, I had Luxriot and others using a GV250 2 port geo card on just 1 channel, using the Bt878 drivers

Additionally, Geo was doing well until 8.2 and their IP Camera integration with a crap load of more services and add ons. They need to take a step back and just do what they do well, DVR cards. With 8.3 you have no choice but to load your DVR down with a ton of rubbish they make you install now. Sorry, they lost me there.

That said, I had Luxriot and others using a GV250 2 port geo card on just 1 channel, using the Bt878 drivers

May be u right

I just know which Card they are using and it is not GEo

Hehe, you dont know someone in Melbourne by the way? Since you brought up "mother" ?

JD

Sorry by "mother" I meant Software company

JD

Sorry by "mother" I meant Software company

Hehe I thought so, but a guy in Aussie and me had a joke about mother all night!

JD

looks like LuxRiot you can run both IP and analog cameras correct? think my geovision will work?

JD

Additionally, Geo was doing well until 8.2 and their IP Camera integration with a crap load of more services and add ons. They need to take a step back and just do what they do well, DVR cards. With 8.3 you have no choice but to load your DVR down with a ton of rubbish they make you install now. Sorry, they lost me there.

Well soon you will see 8.3.2 and with added functions so DREAM ON!

JD

JD

JD

If I remember correct Geo IP cam is Dynacolor

JD

JD

If I remember correct Geo IP cam is Dynacolor

You are correct! But Geovison build their own softwar in it!

JD

JD

Yeah and I will need a 8 Ghz Quadruple Core CPU to run it .. with a 3 Ghz Dual Core tweaked system it takes literally 5-10 minutes to start .. in my book that is rubbish. Their new logo as far as I am concerned is .. "it just keeps getting slower" .. they and Microsoft are the same in that regard.

how does these locations look?

http://www.nymetrofishing.com/cctv/house.htm

views

http://www.nymetrofishing.com/cctv/cctv.htm

3 is by door

2 left of window "looking out of window"

1 right of window "looking out of window"[/b]

Do these camera has sunshields ? Seems you get some backlight from the IR leds?

JD

Yes they do but I am in the process of upgrading them to IP cameras. "As the ones there are useless "

so far looks like this:

2 AV5155DN's for position 1 and 2 "but been reading here on flat mounted domes and rain is a no no"

1 ACM-1231 for position 3 "but was researching comparable one with sound"

was wondering if its good positions for new cameras?

thanks

2 AV5155DN's for position 1 and 2 "but been reading here on flat mounted domes and rain is a no no"

It's not the BEST option, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. A pendant mount is preferable to help keep rain off the bubble, but it's not the end of the world if you have to mount the dome directly to the wall. Giving it a good application of Rain-X before it goes into service, will help a lot (I do this all the time with cameras inside car washes, helps IMMENSELY).

It's not the BEST option, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. A pendant mount is preferable to help keep rain off the bubble, but it's not the end of the world if you have to mount the dome directly to the wall. Giving it a good application of Rain-X before it goes into service, will help a lot (I do this all the time with cameras inside car washes, helps IMMENSELY).

Arecont makes a wall mount bracket for the Megadomes..... i highly recommend it

I would put small illuminators on each side of the garage door

Its a dark spot and thats where a thief will be trying your car doors.

And usually looking into the camera !

Camera 3`s is in a good position but the other side is not covered ?

ps most of the actis have a "sound" port somewhere

z

Ok thanks again for the great advise. One more ? I was thinking of implementing this step by step process for instance. Will I be able to install one IP camera or just replace existing one need be and run off same geovision 650 caoture card. Anotherwords I would like to test this step by step before jumping right in and buying everything and ripping out old stuff. Maybe I can add to existing system and upgrade as needed after testing.

Hope that made sense

Most reputable suppliers will allow you to make returns within 30 days of purchase, as long as the equipment is in "like new" condition. With the exception of software licenses for obvious reasons.

With the money involved, I understand your caution and the need for the "gotta see it to believe it". I'd say order a camera. Carefully mount it, and play with it for a few days. The camera will come with viewing software so you can see of the picture. NVR software won't be required for simple viewing. If it doesn't meet your satisfaction, return it. I've returned many a camera in my day. Nothing beats a real world demonstration.

Will I be able to install one IP camera or just replace existing one need be and run off same geovision 650 caoture card.

IP cameras don't use your capture card - they just send the data via TCP/IP network (hence the name). You could probably run your IP cameras side-by-side with your existing analog cameras for comparison. Almost all of them can be viewed via a web interface, so you don't even need your current software to support them simply for comparing images.

Will I be able to install one IP camera or just replace existing one need be and run off same geovision 650 caoture card.

IP cameras don't use your capture card - they just send the data via TCP/IP network (hence the name). You could probably run your IP cameras side-by-side with your existing analog cameras for comparison. Almost all of them can be viewed via a web interface, so you don't even need your current software to support them simply for comparing images.

yes understand that but will geo software be able to view IP cameras . lets say 4 analog and 3 IP cameras in geo software.-"in a 7 window view"

also just noticed acti acm-1231 highest recording is at 8 frames per second.

will like it bit higher with sound over poe