antdickens

Highly recommended

I have recently used a few Samsung SHC-721ph day/night cameras and for the money would highly recommend these for most uses.

Anybody else tried them?

what's the point? if the camera's work great under NORMAL conditions what's a flashlight going to show/prove? r u saying other camera's won't be affected by a flashlight? is there a "flashlight" test out there we need to apply to our camera's?

I thought that was a wide dynamic camera, so it would compensate for certain lighting conditions .. ofcourse a flash light right in the camera will shot any cam ..??

Verticval smearing is what you see when car headlights shine at a camera, you see a burst of high temprature light around the headlights then a line that will continue up to the top of the video and the bottom,

Like anyone will havea camera pointed at a flash light, however, bright sun will do the same, so will glass reflectance, in my opinion the samsung's look great at night as long as no really bright lights are in play, but at day with bright lights, very poor indeed

yes I am saying some cameras wont do this... Bosch has a anti vertical smear and can see more light levels, therefore the dynamic perfomance is better, it has 15 bit allowing for more room int he data to do signal damping or make adjustments to lighting levels.

I have seen several samsungs int eh field and at one point in the day, they look like crap, whenever the sun is in anyway bright.

deliberately overshooting to get low light images does not make a camera handle bright lights very well.

YO DV, ever since working as a rep for BOSCH, man, you push everyone else away dude!!

How much is BOSCH putting in your back pocket on the side?

Question is, are you talking about Samsung Techwin or the other Samsung? Also, have you tried the 721 latest camera, just came out recently. It has SSNR, and is designed for licence plate capture.

I have two Samsung 721s that I'm evaluating. As I've already noted, there's a BIG problem with the transition from day-to-night mode. One camera is positioned in the direction of the setting sun and there are also some "issues" associated with that camera. But overall, these cameras are a class act.

Kaysadeya(too long to write) Ive come to the conclusion, no matter what the manufacturer's say. mine better than yours, etc, mine does this, blah blah blah, there truly is not yet, the perfect camera, there will always be something, even if it is a setup issue. They always lie lie lie in there brochures, I havent seen anyone yet that doesnt. Its all marketting. So dont believe this or that as you will spend a fortune testing out camera after camera only to find out they are almost all the same!

Edited by Guest

i forgot to mention that goes for all the name brands, not the OEM stuff out of asia .. Though even some of them can compete. Im just tired of all these Wide Dynamic Cameras coming out at $400 a camera and they suck compared to their non wide dynamic cheaper cameras from the same or other brand names.

Hermin, I do not push everything aside, that is utter nonsense, as mentioned in an earlier thread, I think there are many products out there that are not Bosch that are as good if not better.

I like the Geovison, I like the Dallmier, I love Panasonic cams, I will say however that Bosch in my opinion has the best cameras in the market, I didnt say samsung were crap overall, just that model with bright lighting, I also mentioned how good the Pelco PTZ's are, how good nadatel is and how excellent the Kalatel DVR is.... so please do not assume I only think of Bosch..

It is true that when you work for a company you will be somewhat biased (hmmmmmmm lets see IView perhaps), but I do not let that cloud my judgement, if I know more about Bosch cams than anyone elses, that is purely because I work for Bosch and it would be expected.

Are you a Rep for them, or Work Directly for them? Or is it the same thing??

He he, as for the Bias thing, thats why I sell 4 differnt DVR brands, and Several Different brands of cameras, there is no 1 brand that can do everything ..

Verticval smearing is what you see when car headlights shine at a camera, you see a burst of high temprature light around the headlights then a line that will continue up to the top of the video and the bottom,quote]

Well, thats very interesting.... never heard the term (i just called it an f'd up picture) but have noticed that it seems to only occur on bullet cameras (or just my experience)

When you say over sampling, is that in regards to "shutter speed" or what they refer too as shutter speed?

No its not, well ahy I am no camera experty...by no means.. but this what i do know, many low light cameras OVershoot!!! they allow the signal to be too strong or something like that, they do not make adjustments in their bit processing to lessent the effect, the Bosch has 15bit, more bits allow for more control of the signal, and basically (prolly wrong) more can be fitted into the controlling of the camera due to the more bits.

Your Bullet prolly flares because it has no Auto Iris control as well!

Shutter speeds can be adjusted to speeds designed for capturing faster images or longer exposure, but thereis a trade off with light, so that faster shutters allow less light, but the Bosch has what is known as auto shutter which adjusts itself, giving the best of both worlds.

The other is the multiplyer, dont fully understand this... but it is in many ,low light cameras, it makes a frame relay interlace which allows for brighter picture at a trade off against delayed images.

I dont know all the technical jargon, all i know is by accident the other day I pointed the camera at my projector and was amazed by the result, tried it with cars as well, it just doesnt allow really bright light to affect the picture, ooohh and that is on the fly!!

on that note, got the New Bosch Day night cam on Friday night, thought I would give it a go over the balcony, almost pitch black river 250mtrs long, there were people at the jetty on the other side and some very ambient lighting there, IT WAS STILL IN COLOUR!!! and then tried shooting it down to the marina, the only lights on their were ships docking lights, not exactly really bright, it switched to B/W and was suppurb... the thoght I would point it to almost pitch black, down from the balcony to the garden that could not be seen by my eye, it was still zoomed in and i could make out a flower in awesome detail that my eyes certainly would not have seen!!

Impressive indeed

It is true that when you work for a company you will be somewhat biased (hmmmmmmm lets see IView perhaps), but I do not let that cloud my judgement, if I know more about Bosch cams than anyone elses, that is purely because I work for Bosch and it would be expected.

Uhmm got me there

Yes a rep is the same as working for them, i work directly for Bosch, the 94th biggest company in the world..and yes no one product does everything, Bosch has some awesome cameras!

do you work out of your place, or you have to go in to their offices?