So I've seen the YouTube videos and seen the manufacturers info on it... but I was hoping to get to "play before I buy." Just emailed my account rep at Northern to get access to a remote Q24 that I could play with... No luck.

I was hoping someone on this forum would be willing to let me remote in and play for a day or 2.

I've got a client that I think this may be suitable for but wanted to play around it first before I recomended it....

Anybody wanna help a brotha out?

call a local partner and have them give you a demo camera for a week or so -- i do that all the time here in chicago, i'd let you remote into my q24 but its with a client for a demo that is going to purchase that unit -- feel free to ask me any "real world" questions about the unit

Thanks. I have been offered by my suppliers aka partners to order one at a discounted rate for trial purposes. However, I'm already doing that with countless other cams and equipment... It'd be nice to just see something in a real world scenario before I invest even more cash in overhead....

-Does it have WDR- like capabilities? Meaning does it stuggle to see into that darkhall way leading into another room and get blinded and washed out when someone opens the door from outside?

When most of the lights are out in the office after everyone's gone... is anything visible?

How would it perform in a small, dimly lit resturaunt?

So I've seen the YouTube videos and seen the manufacturers info on it... but I was hoping to get to "play before I buy." Just emailed my account rep at Northern to get access to a remote Q24 that I could play with... No luck.

I was hoping someone on this forum would be willing to let me remote in and play for a day or 2.

I've got a client that I think this may be suitable for but wanted to play around it first before I recomended it....

Anybody wanna help a brotha out?

Hi i have been asking also for live demos from mobotix. and i have been given this site when you click on it click the english flag then at top click live. then pic the camera model you whant to see. not a good demo if that is what you get. pic quality is poor.

www.mobotix.ro

i give out my demo camera free don't charge anything but thats just me i guess

it does have wdr ability -- you set exposure zones in the shot and the camera will adjust accordingly - put a box over the glared out window and it reduces the shot so its not glared anymore

this is not the camera for low light situations like a dim bar, it needs light to produce a good picture.. they are coming out with a b&w version in 2010 that will be used for bad lighting enviro's -- you'd be better off with a m24 or d24 with b&w sensor with a 90 degree lens -- color and megapixel and limited light dont work, its gotta either switch to bw or be bw all the time to give a good picture

Talked to a real Mobotix rep for my region.. they don't have a live one setup anywhere where I could login. Unbelievable...

Hi bpzle.

i have the same problem i have a customer looking for 4 Q24 the only reason we cant go ahead is no demos. mobotix are just not interested.

I have one..... what would you like to know?

I think it's not about "knowing" but about seeing in live action. I've inquired of several dealers and none have a demo model set up so that prospective customers could login and see for themselves how features actually work - it's one thing to read a spec sheet and another to actually see how it's implemented. Is the rationale that because these cameras are MP that bandwidth limitations (of the customer's connection) might degrade the performance so much that Mobotix would rather control the environment for demos to ensure the performance of their product meets a certain standard? I guess that might make sense, but then for those looking to see the performance of remote monitoring, this would not allow for that.

I don't know why Mobotix doesn't have a demo but I know it isn't because of bandwidth. Mobotix cameras are the most versatile cameras I have ever seen. You can set them up to record full res images and stream CIF if you want. I posted images in the thread above with the lux levels.

I don't know why Mobotix doesn't have a demo but I know it isn't because of bandwidth. Mobotix cameras are the most versatile cameras I have ever seen. You can set them up to record full res images and stream CIF if you want. I posted images in the thread above with the lux levels.

As a Mobotix rep I would suggest that you let them know that there are probably many potential customers who will not make a decision on purchasing their product without first being able to access a live demo. For those of us looking for just two or three cameras, it may be a small price in Mobotix's eyes (thus to not warrant setting up a demo model), but $2-4K is a significant investment for these clients. In my opinion, it's those small, but happy customers, that lead to positive word of mouth that wind up letting the company get the big deals later down the road.

As a Mobotix rep I would suggest that you let them know that there are probably many potential customers who will not make a decision on purchasing their product without first being able to access a live demo. For those of us looking for just two or three cameras, it may be a small price in Mobotix's eyes (thus to not warrant setting up a demo model), but $2-4K is a significant investment for these clients. In my opinion, it's those small, but happy customers, that lead to positive word of mouth that wind up letting the company get the big deals later down the road.

I would strongly recommend ordering one for a hands on demo. There is so much these cameras can do and you really should try them out before you sell on to a customer.

I do have the MxControl center demo DVD with video from a 180 camera. I could send it to you

Thanks - I have that demo CD too. I definitely wouldn't sell to a customer without trying myself, I just wish that there was a quicker (and cheaper way) to "play" with one myself. Yes, I will eventually buy one for myself that I can demo to potential clients. Right now I've only gotten one or two curious questions to which I had to honestly answer that I've never actually seen one (Q24) or used one in real-time.

I just think that Mobotix could do a better job at evangelizing their product by actually making demo units available - it's a network camera for goodness sake; how hard can it be to hook it up to the 'net!?!

I've actually been to Mobotix's NYC office and at that time they didn't have any demo Q22s in stock. I was able to see and demo some of the other models in their office, but again, none of them were accessible as demo units to the general public. And when I asked, they didn't have any answer.

But I like their technology and the decentralization of the recording - I just wish they were more "demo" friendly.

Thanks - I have that demo CD too. I definitely wouldn't sell to a customer without trying myself, I just wish that there was a quicker (and cheaper way) to "play" with one myself. Yes, I will eventually buy one for myself that I can demo to potential clients. Right now I've only gotten one or two curious questions to which I had to honestly answer that I've never actually seen one (Q24) or used one in real-time.

Amen! " title="Applause" />

I just think that Mobotix could do a better job at evangelizing their product by actually making demo units available - it's a network camera for goodness sake; how hard can it be to hook it up to the 'net!?!

+1

Same goes for other vendors, both IP and CCTV. It should be falling-off-a-log easy to make demos available on the net.

Best,

Christopher

Same here, I dont sell without testing first.

I dont care what a manufacturer claims it is like at their locations, it is different here.

The Q24 does look good though, dont see how can go wrong with it as its color only anyway.

I have had one of these for about 6 months now. I just wanted to see if i could use it for much, so it was an R and D piece really.

I am impressed by the functionality of the unit. When i say functionality, i am talking about the mass of options that you have, from on-board recording, to snap shots, to 2 way audio. The image quality, i wasn't over-pleased with. Yes, at max res i had a nice clear picture but most of the time i prefer FPS rather than max res. Low light, i wasn't best pleased but with this being an IP camera i wasn't expected great results in the low-light. I have viewed this unit from all over the world whilst i travel, keeping an eye on the guys at work and shouting at them through the 2 way audio and have never had a problem.

The software isn't t greatest to use and the PTZ function isn't amazing, this is what turn me off the unit. It was just a little too slow, but hey, if i wanted a PTZ i would have bought one.

As it is, i ended up stripping this unit down to its bare components (board, lens, microphone, speaker) and building it into a covert concealment in a rucksack, powered by a 12 volt battery. inside the bag it was connected to a UBNT Bullet2HP, giving WiFi access to the camera from over a couple of miles away.

Nice product to play with, and mobotix really have thought of everything with this camera. The accessories and kit that come with it covers everything.

If anyone wants to see it set up at all, or have a play with one over the net, let me know. i will knock up a ADSL connection for it.

Hi Simo, please do. Also, any more info you can give on your custom setup would be great.

thanks

Rory

Simo, I second that request! If you could post pictures of your custom work on the Q24 I would also be interested in seeing that as well. I'm curious as to why you chose to conceal it even more. I mean, one of the benefits of the Q series is that they basically look like a speaker when mounted, so unless someone knew specifically, they would be hard pressed to know that it even was a camera.

But anyway, yes, if you could provide remote access to the camera in an environment that provided both low light and normal (say in a room with windows that received natural light) that would provide me a great deal of "intel" on how it might work for myself or my clients.

Much appreciation in advance!

Talked to a real Mobotix rep for my region.. they don't have a live one setup anywhere where I could login. Unbelievable...

Nothing unbelievable, they are CRAP when it comes taking care of customers. I sent support email them two days ago, no reply. Local distributor is useless, cant help. Thats what you get paying such a high price

While far from being experts, If anyone has questions on Mobotix feel free to PM me and I will if we can help. We will be adding a wiki eventually to our site with frequent problems and solutions as we find them or help our customers on the Mobotix Cameras.

Example:

Mobotix M24: We have had many customers contact us about setting up a new camera and having blurry images after installing the lens which ships un-attached.

Solution: Most customers do not tighten the included lens tightly enough to seat correctly into the camera. The solution is to tighten the lens ring, by hand only, until it feels snug. Turn on the camera and watch on the browser the camera feed. Slowly continue to tighten the lens ring by hand past the point it feels snug in quarter to 1/8 turn increments until you have achieved optimal focus for your location. The initial lens snugness you feel is the bottom of the lens unit against the rubber gasket inside the camera for weatherproofing and most people stop at this point fearing over tightening the unit.

Nothing unbelievable, they are CRAP when it comes taking care of customers. I sent support email them two days ago, no reply. Local distributor is useless, cant help. Thats what you get paying such a high price