bantham1

CNB Mona Lisa

Has anybody tried the new CNB Mona Lisa cameras ie: VBM-24VD? How do they compare to the Panasonic 484s or new 504s?

well i just purchased VBM-24VF and have to say I LOVE this camera for the cost. I installed this on my house and haven't been happier since. Now i will recommend you get a DVR that will actually show the quality these cameras put out. I have 3 of these and even in low light conditions these cameras produce great quality... alot better than any IR camera.

Wow, thanks for the reply...Good to know. Can you post a screen shot comparing day and night?

have used a couple very good image. i just wish they would not fit the fly lead out of the back of the camera. if you wanted to come out of the conduit plugs you have to buy a new fly lead. i will send you a ip address i will leave it open for 12hrs so you can see how good they are. all outdoors are vbm 24 the internal are all vbp 5314 550tvl

Has anybody tried the new CNB Mona Lisa cameras ie: VBM-24VD? How do they compare to the Panasonic 484s or new 504s?

just pm you an ip to see demo. let me know what you think.

Wow, thanks for the reply...Good to know. Can you post a screen shot comparing day and night?

have used a couple very good image. i just wish they would not fit the fly lead out of the back of the camera. if you wanted to come out of the conduit plugs you have to buy a new fly lead. i will send you a ip address i will leave it open for 12hrs so you can see how good they are. all outdoors are vbm 24 the internal are all vbp 5314 550tvl

Can you post some sample images? I'm especially interested in how they handle back lighting. Can you compare them to Panasonic's 484?

We just put in a number of the VCM-20VF models in a restaurant... I can't speak for how they handle backlighting (we still use a CW484 for the front door), but they work great in low light.

Here's the daytime shot (note that we only had a chance to get a rough focus before the rain started and we had to close them up, so they're not as sharp as they should be):

119146_1.jpg

And then at night - one with the patio lighting (which is VERY dim in itself), and one with only a bit of street lighting and lights from inside the dining room filtering in (basically dark enough I was tripping over things):

119146_2.jpg

119146_3.jpg

"Here's the daytime shot (note that we only had a chance to get a rough focus before the rain started and we had to close them up, so they're not as sharp as they should be)"

"Here's the daytime shot (note that we only had a chance to get a rough focus before the rain started and we had to close them up, so they're not as sharp as they should be)"

A tip: use a viewfinder to get the exact view you want prior to installation, then focus the camera in a controlled environment, so at the location you just have to mount and adjust view. I understand this cannot always be done, especially for far FOVs, but in many cases it will work the best. One is then not restricted to using a small LCD to focus which does not give a good focus, or a Focus meter which needs to be done at a certain time of the day and costs alot of money.

he did say that it wasnt completely focused due to the rain... but i have to say i use a decent DVR along with these cameras and love them.

There are several others inside the restaurant that look great, when I get a chance I'll grab some stills from them.

he did say that it wasnt completely focused due to the rain... but i have to say i use a decent DVR along with these cameras and love them.

There are several others inside the restaurant that look great, when I get a chance I'll grab some stills from them.

That would be great thanks.

What's the difference between the 20 series and 24 series? I can't find the 20VF, but I can find the VCM-24VF

I believe the 20 series does not have the new "Mona Lisa" chip. I have heard good things about CNB though (even the older series). If they are in the same class as the Panasonic, they would save you some money.

TSD,

You'll understand that I'm skeptical of a mfg's samples. I see that you are a vendor. Care to send me one for a loaner demo? I'm working on a plan for a neighbor that calls for 2 Vandal domes. I'm thinking 484s, but if the 24VD works out that would be great.

Cheers

Hey bantham1, sorry, I haven't had a chance to get back to the site yet, and my remote access isn't working. I'll get them though!

Okay, got those pics from the other VCM-20VFs. Same site, same DVR... I think I know what part of the problem is now with those patio cams, though: we used some ultra-cheap baluns (because that was all we could get on short notice), and the patio cams are a good 4-5 times the distance of any of the others (on the order of 250-300'). Now I'm thinking that the cheap baluns may not be faring so well on the longer runs (some of these are only about 30-40'). The shorter runs, however, seem to be just dandy:

119948_1.jpg

119948_2.jpg

119948_3.jpg

119948_4.jpg

119948_5.jpg

119948_6.jpg

119948_7.jpg

120035_1.jpg

Thanks Soundy for the pics. These pics look pretty good (baluns/cable) must be the problem on outdoor cams. Do you think these cams are in the same league as the pany's?

Normal lighting, I'd say they're pretty close... I haven't tried them with any sort of severe backlighting yet, though, so I can't say how they'll compare to the SuperDynamic function.

Normal lighting, I'd say they're pretty close... I haven't tried them with any sort of severe backlighting yet, though, so I can't say how they'll compare to the SuperDynamic function.

Last pix (D1 res) would be nice to see at CIF res

to have equal comparison

also is this Vigil or ?

Last pix (D1 res) would be nice to see at CIF res

that looks like its already CIF and just blown up? Or do my eyes deceive me, why is everything on the right half of the image a blur?