cctvlad

Geovision v8.3 DSP spot monitor and Iphone.

hello this is my first post here becuase im in need of some help looks like a great big forum nice corner to be in.

I have a geovision gv-650 16 port card along with a dsp realtime card 16 port too.

now i have a couple of problems which is pretty silly in terms of software

I have been using v8.2 for a good while with dsp tv output to a 32 inch flat screen.

But due to needing to upgrade to v8.3 or the very latest version 8.3.2 to support live view on the iphone with geovision new iphone app. it works well. BUT it says that "dsp card is no longer supported on this version" so my dsp card cant be used in the newer version surely this can be fixed? would appriecate any help (im from ireland btw)

Have you contacted Geovison about the not supported issue?

Where are you in Gods country ?

if you need to ask god about geovision he goes under the name of rory on the forum. he is the guy for geovision.

Im pretty sure the DSP card is not supported in that version, as the error message already told you

It means go back to an older version if you want to use the DSP card.

understood just annoyin when you upgrade to 8.3 from 8.2 then you cant use dsp card then 8.2 u cant use iphone but can use dsp card. what is the solution to this. its pretty stupid to leave out support for dsp cards as it is a 16ch realtime card.

ive seen the iphone beeing used with geovision its way cool but i need a winning solution.

will contact geovision at some point

I dont use the Iphone so cant say, but can its browser or whatever it uses to view the internet, can it run javascript? An option is to setup another server which only saves images, and then run a server on that with a page that does javascript image refresh, like some of the Axis cameras do. Or could even do it simpler with just a page that has the image there, with meta refresh so no javascript needed - just you get that flicker as it refreshes.

If it was Mac or Linux I could tell you how to get it working on those, with Wine .. but the Iphone and Pocket PCs are different.

CCTVlad.

I know exactly what you mean.

I have a very very similar problem to yours.

I have a GV600 v3 card. It is able to run Geovision 7.x software, but not the newer 8.3 software that would allow my iPhone to connect to my GV600 unit.

Very, very, very, very disapointed with this. I have contacted GV and they have not been any help. I find it very difficult to understand why GV still treats their loyal customers this way.

I am thinking of writing an article and sending it to the Consumerist.

http://consumerist.com/

When you purchase a piece of hardware like this, it should continue to be supported in the latest releases of the software. It is a very shady practice what Geovision is doing.

My example is this. I own the GV600 8 cam card.

In order for me to use the ver 8.33 of the software that works best with the iPhone, I have to now go here:

http://www.amazon.com/GeoVision-GV-800-Camera-DVR-Card/dp/B0006FV2X8/ref=sr_1_6?tag=gpse-20&ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268432191&sr=8-6

I then have to re-purchase the same card I already own!

Just so I can use the GV600 with my iPhone. This is the most ridiculous crap I have ever heard of. There is no reason whatsoever we should be required to re-purchase our perfectly working hardware. I've taken very good care of my GV600 and it could last 10 years easily were it not for these idiotic software upgrades.

So, if anyone has a workaround, please post it here or send me a PM. I have paid over $300 for this card and I should be able to run the most recent version of Geovision that fixes all the bugs that the previous versions contain.

I understand the whole piracy issue to but I feel that is not an excuse, I think they need to work this issue out because it keeps happening again, and again. Everytime they release a new version of the software, it renders previous hardware obsolete, and we are entitled to these bug fixes, updates, they should be free.

I'm sure there have to be more people in a similar situation. Imagine those who have purchased the GV-800's. They would have to respend hundreds more to re-purchase the hardware they own. Its not fair I say!

I wish to say it one last time, in case Geovision is listening. This is not fair!