kaysadeya

Another random thought

I was wondering how many of you professional installers/dealers have a CCTV setup for your own residences. The impression I get is most of you don’t have any or much of a residential CCTV system. Is this because you don’t see the need, you don’t want to create a buzz with the neighbors, or that it's just too expensive?

im just poe cause ive been workin for free

i got a couple cams though, and this Iview DVR, plus I gots Alarm Beams all over the yard ...and 4 sirens ..

Some would say good Karma is worth more than money. (Of course, those same people who wouldn’t give up a six-pack for any amount of your Karma.)

Edited by Guest

Got a Bulldog. Way better then a Camera System. I was actually thinking about putting one up to find out what dog owners don't pick up the **** from our lawn. That's a real usefull application.

dogs arent much help down here unfortunately, they poison them without a second thought. Its a pity since most bahamians are afraid of dogs ..

Course yah know fred, the dog wont take a snap shot of the criminal when they shoot me coming home ..

I got a Extreme ir85, for my backjard, 2 IR bullets by eyecomm, a smoke detector color cam in the front door, in a I-view sytem, plus a .45 Colt Automatic, and a 9mm smith and weson on me at all times. Not counting the .40 Berreta that I have in the car.

Sounds like a well-armed group here.

My weapon of choice is a soldering iron. "One more move mister and I'll burn a hole in your ski cap...."

Have the cams all set up, but still looking at DVR's. I get rip out cams from job, I bought a "cheap DVR" 4 channel and the picture was better than what most I have seen here. I sent it back...I need more then 4 ports, but waiting for show or a good deal. Have 2 dogs (they are not smart enough to poison them here) and a shotgun...but I am in a pretty good area.

...but I am in a pretty good area.

Which is exactly why you need the best protection.

Trust me, I lived in White Plains, Westchester County for 10 years, and that's where most of the Bronx and Queens thiefs like to go and break into houses...that's why I got the guns, had to shoot a 18 year old kid one time, caught him in my kid's room stealing his gold chain of his neck.

Now I'm in CT, which is nice, but still have a bad city right next to mine.

I was wondering how many of you professional installers/dealers have a CCTV setup for your own residences. The impression I get is most of you don’t have any or much of a residential CCTV system. Is this because you don’t see the need, you don’t want to create a buzz with the neighbors, or that it's just too expensive?

My wife asks me the same questions all the time. My answers are usually "I don't have the time, I don't want to spend the money, I'm waiting for the better DVR to come out, etc, etc....."

When I am at home Mr. Glock is my security system. Unfortunately it can't tell me what is crapping in my yard

I'm in an apartment, so wiring the cameras is out. Wireless cams are out because I'm paranoid. So I just have a large collection of sharp pointy things that I spent years learning how to use.

Got a pinhole camera in front, and camera in driveway, camera in basement and camera in the backyard; all infrared. And Mr. modified automatic 30-06, police shotgun, and 2 9mm.

good karma and a good machete

Is a machete the preferred weapon of choice down by you?

When I was driving around St. Lucia it seemed like everyone was carring one

It's a good choice for the novice. It's well suited for large swings. And it's a farming implement. It does encourage bad habits in skills.

guns are illegal here, like 6 months for every bullet and a couple years for the gun .. machetes, well anyone can have them ..

guns are illegal here, like 6 months for every bullet and a couple years for the gun .. machetes, well anyone can have them ..

Plus, up here we like to kill from afar. We’ve lost the intimacy of the good old days. I guess you guys still have that up close and personal thing going.

Kind of gives you a warm and bloody, I mean fuzzy feeling inside.

Naw, I'll take the knife wound any time. Much smaller exit wounds and it doesn't tend to bounce around.

We're still allowed to carry sharp pencils in our pocket over here, but other than that, nothing else.

Slightly off topic, there is an interesting court case pending at the moment, where a businessman was stopped driving home for a minor traffic offence. When the Police searched his locked briefcase (which was in the boot / trunk of his car), they found a small penknife (pocket knife).

He was charged with being in possession of an offensive weapon, which on conviction, could get him a prison sentence

yeah they tried to lock me up for having MACE one time down here!! LOL

thing is, i just bought it from the pharmacy i was just walking out of ..

anywaz, my brother sais theres no crime in manchester, nothing compared to this side . .. cept some people holding up stores with knives and stuff .. he he ehe .. wouldnt that be nice .. to be robbed with just a knife ..

My berreta sometimes intimidates customers into signing the contracts....

I walk into a store, the gun is not concealed, and when they ask me if I'm a cop, and I say no, the look in their faces is classic, and that's when I pitch in the need for security.....