goalie

CaptureCCTV CPT-SDR410

Apparently they are fairly common here from what I have heard so far. I have never used one though.

The local store I deal with in Burlington (Hill's TV/Audio) has them and speaks well of them. They had a used CPT-SDR410 at their annual sale last week. While I was there, someone grabbed the 16-channel Capture DVR.

March Networks is another popular one around here it seems. Hill's replaced their high end in-store Panasonic WJ-HD316 with the March Networks 4410... more than likely due to the higher frame rate.

Edited by Guest

Capture is the in house brand for Richardson Electronics, Burtek in Canada.

Good line of products, Korean made. If you are a dealer then check with your local Burtek branch.

Out of interest.... why is posting of retail prices not allowed ? I can understand why trade/dealer pricing might be considered sensitive but not end user pricing.

People, no price posting in the general forum.

By the way, that particular DVR, I have seen it in at least 2 other brands, speco for example:

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=739

It says no dealer posting of pricing in the rules. These are quotes for personal consumer user, not dealer. I am not a dealer so obviously I would not request 'access' to the dealer forum. So what is the problemo?

Out of interest.... why is posting of retail prices not allowed ? I can understand why trade/dealer pricing might be considered sensitive but not end user pricing.

ditto. I am still looking for a DVR, and obviously if I cannot pricing... that kinda defeats the purpose don't it.

Perhaps all dealers in the non-dealer forums should have a lil dealer avatar or something.

Guys, think about it. Why would anyone want to advertise on this forum if people were posting prices? I know there is only one advertiser now, our host I assume, but Larry has stated that advertising is in the future. This forum is growing every day. Who is going to support it, you? Should this be a fee-based membership where you can post pricing?

If price posting is allowed this forum will degenerate into a bunch of shills hawking their products. It will drive away the most precious resources here, the reputable dealers who unselfishly share their valuable insight for all.

You want to discuss pricing? Email, PM, call, whatever. Looking for the lowest price, try Froogle, Nextag, etc. If you look at other major forums the rules are very similar. Nothing radical here.

You all enjoy the FREE use of this board. You enjoy the invaluable information and help with your problems but whine when rules are enforced. Come on, enjoy this forum for what it is. There is so much here that you can’t find anywhere else.

Go ahead and let the flames begin……..

Unless my reading skills are bad or something, the current RULES say... dealers in the forum cannot post prices and locations on where to get products , and no more posting of dealer prices.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1341

Big difference between that and me for example as an end-user looking for retail prices.

Edited by Guest

Guys, I have no problem on members posting where to get a particular product. In all honesty, all someone has to do is to send a PM to the other party asking him how much the itmes cost.

You all need to understand that this is a informative forum, and there is no such thing as "Distributor, or Dealer preference".

Let me put it to you this way, Larry, who owns this site, has nothing to do with the industry, he's a software guy, so no, the banner above it's not his. Only reason he made this site was that when he was looking for his OWN CCTV system, he didn't find any particular site where he could get all the info he needed, so created this forum. I, in another hand, I'm the moderator, I oversee the site all day and night, and make sure that things run smoothly.

Now, I am also a Dealer and Distributor, I have 2 divisions, Security Solutions, who sells mainly to Other Distributors, and dealers, and I also Have Tri-State Computers and Security, who sells to the end user. Don't you think that if this forum was biased, and we gave preference to the dealers and distributors, I would be the asshole and try to take advantage of it?

We all got to make a living, and I am not going to apologize for this. When you go to the supermarket to buy a gallon of milk, do you try and find out how much they payed for the milk?

Look, I'm not saying that we all should stop looking around for the better deal for that DVR or Camera that we want, but damm, don't expect us to give out our trade secrets that took us forvever to find and establish.

And when it comes to end-user pricing, it's allowed, but from Now on, please state that it's a End-User pricing, so that there is no confusion.

Oh well..........you're the boss Herm, whatever you think is best for the forum.

Hermin is trying to keep the forums from becoming a self promoting posting board by dealers who instead of trying to solve problems do nothing but endlessly promote their own products and prices. Unfortunately on some other security discussion groups this has happened and some less than honest internet dealers have dominated the discussions with myriad posts touting their products and prices with no real regard as to what is being discussed. Many of these other boards have denigrated into nothing more than flame wars between rival internet sellers and most legit people have just given up.

Luckily this forum has avoided that pitfall and hopefully will remain an excellent source of information on CCTV and other security related issues.

PS: one of the worst examples of an unregulated forum is alt.net.security which is nothing more than anarchy.

You all need to understand that this is a informative forum, and there is no such thing as "Distributor, or Dealer preference".
All due respect.

Not true, otherwise there wouldn't be a "good ole boys" locked thread.

I wasn't trying to advertise as I never used Capture before

I just realized there is an other thread on this already so if the moderator sees this please delete the thread.

thanks

NO NO, I know that you are not promoting anything.

I mean, yea, when someone says that they are looking for a DVR card, or course I metion I-VIEW, by simply saying:

" YOu shouls look into I-VIEW, http://www.i-viewusa.com"

If you notice, I tell the person to "look" into it, not that it's the best, and I send them to I-VIEW'S site, not mine. They get someone else? OK, no problem, I'll help them if they have any problems no matter what... That's why we are here.

And Datadave;

YOu are a NY'ker, from Long Island, Italian, so that means that you are very .."OPINIONATED", while myself, I'm also a NY'ker, From CORONA, QUEENS, and WHITE PLAINS, WESTCHESTER COUNTY, and DOMINICAN, which means that I am a hard headed mother*****. So neither of us are going to win

Check your PM.

I thought we were having a disscussion and not an argument . I thought for a minute there I was talking to another "whop". I can find out what is paid for what as far as a dealer/distributor is concerned - I see the pricing everyday and alot of companies discussed here, we are within 2 miles of our office and I am on the phone with them alot. I just thought the end user should be aware if he/she is being taking for a ride - paying $3000 for a unit you can get for $2000. I certainly would't devulge what my boss gets for an install to anyone.

The matter will be dropped. Thank you for bending a little

YOu are a NY'ker, from Long Island, Italian, so that means that you are very .."OPINIONATED", while myself, I'm also a NY'ker, From CORONA, QUEENS, and WHITE PLAINS, WESTCHESTER COUNTY, and DOMINICAN, which means that I am a hard headed mother*****. So neither of us are going to win

Check your PM.

Maybe you just didn't phrase it properly but you are walking a dangerous line with ethnic remarks like that. You need to keep those "opinions" to yourself.

Garbage as far as I am concern. I ship at least 2 or 3 a month for warranty problems. Also the DVR has problems with skipping time and dates. In addition, retreival of footage has shown us blank spots.

If the client wanted to go cheap, they should have at least used a Speco or Never in Focus (Ever Focus).