gv600

v8.33 driver installation fails in win 7 x64

I own a GV-600-4 that is about 3 years old (v8.1) and worked well on Win XP. I installed the 64 bit version of Win 7, received my v8.33 links from Geovision, but have been unable to install the driver. All of the hardware I am using on the Win 7 build is the same hardware I used on the Win XP build (AMD and ATI 4800 based).

When I attempt to install the driver I get a DrvInst-x64 dialog with a message stating:

"Driver installation failed, error code 0x103, inf path [path to GVSeriesV.inf], HID PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036&USBSYS_763D604A&REV11"

When I click "OK", I get the same dialog again with the same message except it's for the GVA.inf file.

Has anyone else seen this message? Any ideas about how to fix this?

yeah i got the same thing, i had a gv650 and tried installing 8.3.3 on win 7 x64, got this error, send the card back after i found that the gv650(s) dont work in x64, only x32 (the gv650(a) works in x64), then i bought a gv800 but im getting the same error , so any help would be appreciated .

yeah i got the same thing, i had a gv650 and tried installing 8.3.3 on win 7 x64, got this error, send the card back after i found that the gv650(s) dont work in x64, only x32 (the gv650(a) works in x64), then i bought a gv800 but im getting the same error , so any help would be appreciated .

I was going to withdraw this post because I thought you were having problems with 32 bit but I see you have installed Win 7 64bit which I have gotten 8.3.3 to work with some audio probs but its working none the less.

Here's my second (revised) opinion on your situation. You may have a few years old computer and chipset that may or may not support 64bit.

For example; When you purchased your PC you purchased it with a 32-bit OS. Therefore the vendor would have saved money by installing 32bit memory to run with the 32 bit OS. Even if the Motherboard supports 64-bit they may have installed 32bit memory.

Go into Device Manager and check out the properties of your memory or download or run a memtest application from memtest.org or start64 OR BETTER YET! Use the memory testing tool from Windows. Go into your "search" box and just type "memory" and something called "Memory Diagnostics Tool" should pop up! Save anything you are working on before running the tool because the computer will reboot into the memory testing application.

I believe after the Windows memtest tool is finished, it will mention whether the memory is 32bit or 64bit.

I imagine you downloaded GV 8.3.3 as I did from Taiwan once they validated your purchase.

If you (R. click) -> "explore" or "open"(<-In Win 7) all the folders that were downloaded you'll find one called "local".

In that "local" folder I found "setup"'s for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Try to find that "local" folder and choose the 32-bit installation .exe and tell me how it goes.

If you actually did get a v8.3.3 disk, goto ->my computer -> r.click over the disk drive with the gv sw in it and choose -> "explore" or "open" to search the folders for the local folder.

Just built up a Geovision from scratch, using Windows 7 64 bit. Worked great, no problems.

Well, actually, at first I was trying to do it with version 8.32, before I realized that i needed .33, so thankfully, the dongle I purchased had a point .33 CD with it, and then the drivers installed perfectly. I rebooted, and everything was there.

The only thing that didn't work according to plan was that Windows 7 did not pull up the "found new hardware" wizard. But it did see it as a "Unknown PCI Device" under devise manager.

Just built up a Geovision from scratch, using Windows 7 64 bit. Worked great, no problems.

Well, actually, at first I was trying to do it with version 8.32, before I realized that i needed .33, so thankfully, the dongle I purchased had a point .33 CD with it, and then the drivers installed perfectly. I rebooted, and everything was there.

The only thing that didn't work according to plan was that Windows 7 did not pull up the "found new hardware" wizard. But it did see it as a "Unknown PCI Device" under devise manager.

What card are you talking about? I had this problem with GV-800 16ch V 3.52

This is with a GV-1240 16ch PCI-E card.

It wasn't really a "problem" as Windows was seeing the card. It just wasn't bring up the usual "new hardware wizard".

I was going to withdraw this post because I thought you were having problems with 32 bit but I see you have installed Win 7 64bit which I have gotten 8.3.3 to work with some audio probs but its working none the less.

Here's my second (revised) opinion on your situation. You may have a few years old computer and chipset that may or may not support 64bit.

For example; When you purchased your PC you purchased it with a 32-bit OS. Therefore the vendor would have saved money by installing 32bit memory to run with the 32 bit OS. Even if the Motherboard supports 64-bit they may have installed 32bit memory.

Go into Device Manager and check out the properties of your memory or download or run a memtest application from memtest.org or start64 OR BETTER YET! Use the memory testing tool from Windows. Go into your "search" box and just type "memory" and something called "Memory Diagnostics Tool" should pop up! Save anything you are working on before running the tool because the computer will reboot into the memory testing application.

I believe after the Windows memtest tool is finished, it will mention whether the memory is 32bit or 64bit.

I imagine you downloaded GV 8.3.3 as I did from Taiwan once they validated your purchase.

If you (R. click) -> "explore" or "open"(<-In Win 7) all the folders that were downloaded you'll find one called "local".

In that "local" folder I found "setup"'s for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Try to find that "local" folder and choose the 32-bit installation .exe and tell me how it goes.

If you actually did get a v8.3.3 disk, goto ->my computer -> r.click over the disk drive with the gv sw in it and choose -> "explore" or "open" to search the folders for the local folder.

I am affraid that memory is not the issue here.

I have got 64 bit memory support see attached screenshot.

aparently the same card works with 32 bit windows 7.

Ihmo this is geovisions fault.

btw this app is only 32 bit, so it sees 4G of ram only.

memory.thumb.gif.1f60c09151d01b1038a1f10e0ebdb909.gif

Is there special instructions for installing Geovision on a win 7 64 bit system? I used my GV800 card and 8.3.3 software just fine on a win 7 32 bit system. Now that I upgraded my system (new computer) to win 7 64 bit, I'm having problems with multicam. My live pictures are choppy and viewing recorded is the same. I also get numerous frozen pictures while viewing live video and frequent BSOD. It sounds like some folks are getting it to work.

Is it possible to run geovision on virtualbox using xp, vista or win 7 32 bit inside win 7 64 bit?

Geovision:

GV800 card

Software 8.3.4

Computer:

Dell inspiron i3 core quad

8 gis of ram

win 7 64bit

512 Nvidia Geforce G310

I would think it would be a nightmare to run in Geov in a virtual box. DVR apps are just too demanding and picky for that sort of thing. My Win 7 64 Bit system has been running for a couple of months now without complaints form the manufacture.

One thing I do recommend is to build your own computers. I have had a lot less problem since building my own stuff... and it seems like you can never really get rid of all the bloatware Dell throws into stuff. Still, you should not being getting BSOD. I would copy down the codes from the BSOD screen and see if you can do some searches on the error codes. Also check your windows system log for any clues on crashes.

http://www.windows7update.com/Windows7-Event-Viewer.html

matt

As a follow-up to my Window 7 problems.... I had purchased a new Dell Inspiron i3 Core PC and installed my existing GV800. I could never get it to work right using either 64 bit OS or 32 bit. The live and recorded video was always choppy. I went to my local Frys Electronics and built a small HTPC. The same card in this computer works just fine. I'm not sure what it was about the Dell PC, but the GV800 simply wouldn't work right. Just FYI.

I also had problems with the GV800 and Windows 7 64. I came to the conclusion that not all GV800 cards are not compatible with the 64 bit drivers.

Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

Sing

It says exactly that in the Notes. There are only certain versions of the GV800 and are 64-bit compatible. I don't have it in front of me or I would post which ones are.

I also had problems with the GV800 and Windows 7 64. I came to the conclusion that not all GV800 cards are not compatible with the 64 bit drivers.

Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

Sing

I originally tried to switch to Windows 7 64 to hopefully speed things up. Geovision was taking around 70% of cpu time recording 8 channels in H264v2. After the fact I realized that something was screwed up as the computer was pretty fast.

I have had issues running 833 in Windows 7 32 computer would crash a couple of times a week. I have upgraded to 834 and so far it seems better.

If I have any more problems I will just go back to XP until I can afford to upgrade to a GV1240.

Sing

Geovision Win 7 64 bit issue

Geovision did for a while back release a new version of their cards, that is the cards that has an A in the modelname for instance: GV-1120/16A this is V4.2 hardware or higher and these support Windows 64 bit OS. Older cards can use Geovision software 8.3.3 and 8.3.4 but only on 32 bit PC.

So in short words new cards work witth 64 bit and old cards do not work!

I havent found any information from Geovision on their website but this is the fact!

Also there is not much use with 64 bit PC when software is a 32Bit software, then only thing is if you gonna use the PC for other tasks as well, more memory over the 3,3GB limit in 32 bit is also ok. But I am not sure if Geovision uses all 4 cores either if use a Quad CPU or if they only use two or one? I think Geovison support Multi Threading so maybe.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards

JD

Yes I have learned the hard way the many different versions of the GV800 card.I finally broke down and got a new GV1480. Very happy with it.

Sing