clearsignal

CNB VBM-24VF

And hey, as an installer... I REALLY love them. The 3-axis gimbal design is one of the best to work with, way easier than the Panasonic's, which even with all their annoying lockdown screws still ends up sloppy. For easy of installation and setup, there's simply no other dome I've EVER worked with that can touch them.

As an installer also I have seen way better but not cheaper.

for the price they are easy to adjust and install. Normally in that price range and even a few dollars more the cameras are a nightmare to install and adjust. Quality wise its okay, the DVR you use makes all the difference. My biggest issue with them now is they dont switch over to BW fast enough, in other words they are stuck there in color trying to compensate and its pixelized, the switch over low-high setting doesnt seem to work at all. On a composite monitor the video is really crisp, but no its not megapixel nor is the price. Im also noticing one which has a blend of BW and color in the same image. They also work very well with Infrared. Im thinking about looking at the 34VF though as I cant take the going back to the job on a ladder to adjust settings.

The DFL-20s is the easiest dome to install Ive ever seen though, hands down, and for the price is really good quality - no its not a panasonic or a megapixel but it certainly does the job and good. I think that is their real winner, in fact If it were weatherproof I would use it outside more instead of the 24VFs.

The DFL-20s is the easiest dome to install Ive ever seen though, hands down, and for the price is really good quality - no its not a panasonic or a megapixel but it certainly does the job and good.

Agreed

Does anyone make some fixed lenses that would fit? I wanted to try a 50mm lens but the mount for this is slip-fit, not threaded. I could change the lens holder too but I don't have those parts lying around at the moment. Would a 50mm MTV lens fit under the dome? I was thinking it might be short enough because of the extra space taken by the vari-focal. What's the chance the '34VF would work for reading license places with a long lens installed and some extra lighting? The construction has a plastic spacer that could be replaced by an electric IR filter.

its an M13 lens so you would need to find one of those .. but 50 would probably be too long as the varifocal one alone almost touches the cover. Maybe a 25 instead?

I wont bother with daytime as everything works in the daytime .. it has real colors, no IRIS adjustments needed even in this tropical sun, works great in the daytime. SO onto the night time ....

VCM-24VF with lots of light at night: this includes 3 bright Halogen lights and a couple dusk to dawns.

cam5 & 6 are not 2.8mm BTW, zoomed them in a little during focusing (in low light-evening). Other 2 are set to widest though.[image removed]

ok so the halogens go off on a timer and only dusk to dawns left:

BTW the street have newer, what seems like brighter dusk to dawns.

click image for better quality. Still captured over the internet from cheap DVR.

[image removed]

as seen in the above one image is in BW, no light fixture in that area, and that one is the best quality. The other 3 are in color from the dusk to dawns. I believe the one above the cam6 must have a bad bulb - i cant get out to the location at night to check. In any event, I now have a much better Idea what Im dealing with.

Bottom line .. if you have light right near the camera .. make sure it is bright .. otherwise make sure the light is nowhere near the camera so the camera switches to BW mode ... if cant do any of that then need to spend time at night changing the DNR, Gamma, and Perhaps the SLBC settings until its a happy medium with the daytime video. OR flood the area with Infrared.

Overall Impression of the VBM/VCM-24VF?

Still a great camera "for the price"!

Wishes? Wish it would switch over to BW easier, wish it had the RS485 Pelco connection. Wish it was a Bullet camera with external focus, wish it was Megapixel for the price.

Just a note though, at 2.8mm (or more like 3mm as it never goes all the way), at least one edge tends to be slightly blurred on every camera I tested .. understandable though at that stretch and much less blurred than a fixed lens camera with a similar fov. Generally only noticeable under low light though.

Id love to test the 34VF here now

Hey Rory, comparing to the images i uploaded from my current dome camera, your looks absolutely great very sharp image on night shot, i hope mine will give the same quality cause my dvr system is a $230 like this one so i hope it wont effect the quality of the first good camera (vbm-24vf) im adding to my set.

screenshot20101225at124-1.png

Rory,

from the close up of the camera on the wall, it seems that the VBM-24VF come without a black slotted internal mask, to hide where the camera objective is pointing, or maybe you have removed it ?

Rory,

from the close up of the camera on the wall, it seems that the VBM-24VF come without a black slotted internal mask, to hide where the camera objective is pointing, or maybe you have removed it ?

I've installed a bunch of these and never saw a black slotted mask. I always thought they did not have one

I've installed a bunch of these and never saw a black slotted mask. I always thought they did not have one

Cnb site is misleading on this, because they show images of this model with the mask inside and some without it:

z_V1_VF-1.gif

The CNBs all come with a smoked dome.

Maybe the smoked version of the glass can replace the mask:

do you think that with this one, looking at the dome from 1,5 - 2 meters is easy to see where the camera is watching ?

Cnb site is misleading on this, because they show images of this model with the mask inside and some without it:

z_V1_VF-1.gif

There's no mask in that picture. You're just seeing a reflection of the background/softbox that the photographer is using.

Edit: nvm, I see it now... it didn't show at the angle I was looking at my laptop screen.

No insert on the domes Ive used, they come with a smoked dome cover by default. I imagine the insert is only for the clear cover.

No insert on the domes Ive used, they come with a smoked dome cover by default. I imagine the insert is only for the clear cover.

Interesting. That means the low light performance would be even better with the clear domes.

Best,

Christopher

Edit: nvm, I see it now... it didn't show at the angle I was looking at my laptop screen.

yes, it's just a question of shading, but now we know that this camera exist with the mask version, even though no one has seen it before

I want to buy some of these.

504-812-8971

I am a bargain shopper. You have been forewarned.

They are literally on almost every online store on the Internet.

Hi guys, i received the camera, when connecting it for the first second i have noticed that there is a white dot on the screen, it comes from the camera and not from the monitor cause i have tried more then one monitor.

Im attaching 2 photos i took with my iphone, quality is not very good but you can clearly see the dot.

What is it, can i return the unit or fix it ?

Thx !!

img0055ue-1.jpg

img0056xl-1.jpg

is it still there when the cover is removed? also check the lens for dirt.

If the lens is totally out of focus such as at the widest range then its normal to see a little dust that you normally wont see when its in focus. Blow on the lens and see if it goes away, if not maybe try cleaning the lens, though that might introduce more dust depending on what you clean it with.