clearsignal

CNB VBM-24VF

hey, i have tried anything you have mentioned

it look like it comes from inside the lens or

from the cpu, i have received the unit 10 hours ago and it was sealed.

i dont know what to do, only option is to live with it or return it...

i wonder if you guys ever seen domething like it as well...

thx

Ive seen something similar before but not on a CCTV camera, my samsung digital still camera came with a little white dot .. couldnt return it though so had to live with it. If it were me I would also take the lens off and clean it completely on both sides to be sure but then thats extra work and still might not help. Sealed doesnt mean anything either they could have put it back together to make it look like its sealed.

i have never took a cctv lens off

the unit is brand new do you think that taking the lens of might help, i cant believe that there is dirt inside i was thinking maybe the unit is damaged

So that white dot takes up only one pixel?

And you tested different monitors? Because LCD monitors' pixels can go bad...

You cleaned the lens and the dome?

Maybe someone before you took the lens off and got a spec of dust on the actual sensor. If you have a proper cleaning kit for sensors, you could try that.

It's unlikely that the actual electronics in the camera is producing this dot. Is the dot there in color and B/W mode?

yes could be over the chip also. It could have come with a spec of dust from the factory. For the lenses I just use Alcohol pads now, actually the cheapest I can find is the little square pads with alcohol on them, used for cuts etc, found in pharmacies. Its not perfect but its cheap and quick and does the job.

Thx guys...

I appreciate your help!

it sucks that you buy something new and it arrives with issues but i guess that happens...

i guess ill leave it like this...

So that white dot takes up only one pixel?

And you tested different monitors? Because LCD monitors' pixels can go bad...

You cleaned the lens and the dome?

Maybe someone before you took the lens off and got a spec of dust on the actual sensor. If you have a proper cleaning kit for sensors, you could try that.

It's unlikely that the actual electronics in the camera is producing this dot. Is the dot there in color and B/W mode?

yes the dot stays in B/W as well i think that if ill start messing with it i can make it worse...

Looks like a "hot pixel", which would be a defect of the sensor itself. Dust or physical object on the lens or sensor would generally be black or very dark, not bright white. Not much to be done about it, unfortunately, besides returning the camera.

I know this has been discussed, but I'm still confused- What's the difference between the VCM-24VF and VBM-24VF?

From data sheets from CNB website, it looks like VBM is lower profile (101mm tall surface mounted) and has lower Min Illumination spec (0.005 Lux) and has an internal mask (called "inner dome" in user manual) whereas VCM is 124.5mm tall surface mounted, spec'd as 0.1 Lux (Color), 0.03 Lux (B/W), and does NOT have an internal mask (according to the spec sheet picture).

Is this accurate information? I'm really confused on the min illumination as I thought the camera guts to be the same in both models.

The camera guts are exactly the same, the housing is the only difference - the VCM has an extra base where you can put your connections if you were surface mounting it for example - if you mounted the VBM to a wall you would need to use a gang box to hide the connections as the cable is not long enough to go through the wall. If mounting to a ceiling or an eave, you can use the VBM, if you wanted it mounted flush, you could use the VCM - though the VBM is low profile enough generally. The VCM is a good all around selection, but if you know you will be mounting to a ceiling or eave I prefer the VBM. The price difference is very minimal normally.

The camera guts are exactly the same, the housing is the only difference - the VCM has an extra base where you can put your connections if you were surface mounting it for example

So, if you get the VCM, can mount as a VBM but not using the extra base?

Best,

Christopher

The camera guts are exactly the same, the housing is the only difference - the VCM has an extra base where you can put your connections if you were surface mounting it for example

So, if you get the VCM, can mount as a VBM but not using the extra base?

Best,

Christopher

Not exactly, if you remove the extra base it has to be flush mounted.

Thats why I still like to offer both of them, but if I had the choice to stock one, it would have to be the VCM, even if it sticks out a little bit more.

I know this has been discussed, but I'm still confused- What's the difference between the VCM-24VF and VBM-24VF?

As noted, it's all in the housing... see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22339

There's also the DBM-24VF, which AFAIK is the same dome design as the VBM, but plastic instead of cast aluminum (for indoor mounting where vandal protection isn't necessary), and the BBM-24VF, which is a "box" style with a C/CS lens mount, but essentially the same innards.

Check out my attached before and after pictures using a shot from our old cams and from the new CNBs. I still need to play around with the focus

Sorry to dig an old one up, but did you ever get the focusing issues resolved? I'm getting the same issues with my CNB, I'm starting to think its just noise reduction smearing and not really a focus issue.

You can actually loosen the lens slightly (I think there are one or two screws) and try to readjust it? I took a similar CNB apart and there was a slight washer/shim in there that they probably used to tweak the backfocus.

Mike, isn't backfocusing a DSLR issue where the phase detection mirror/mechanism isn't perfectly aligned?

Back to the topic, I should have been more clear, at day, the focus is ok, at night is when it gets wonky and smeary. Examples

Daytime Qvis-Eye-34

vshmkMgcxjQ

Daytime CNB

VpsjUPtQ6yw

Both the daytime shots are pretty close in sharpness, but at night the CNB goes down the drain:

Night Qvis-Eye-34

=eIRXZeNGKwQ

Night CNB

2YVJ3BQOpos

Edited by Guest

Check out my attached before and after pictures using a shot from our old cams and from the new CNBs. I still need to play around with the focus

Sorry to dig an old one up, but did you ever get the focusing issues resolved? I'm getting the same issues with my CNB, I'm starting to think its just noise reduction smearing and not really a focus issue.

Back to the topic, I should have been more clear, at day, the focus is ok, at night is when it gets wonky and smeary. Examples

hi. for CNB it is best to focus at night to get the best from your camera.

but you have another issue. and its not camera related...... i would work on the ghosting problem you have first.

but you have another issue. and its not camera related...... i would work on the ghosting problem you have first.

Yeah, its a ground loop, running the cameras in test mode on a less than ideal wiring setup. Just trying to decide what camera to go with. I'll try focusing the CNB at night. I already tried setting the camera to use the electronic shutter while focusing, helped a bit but still not as sharp as the Qvis. Will work on it some more.

I wouldn't even be able to focus my VBM-24Fs with that ghosting, ground loop, etc.; let alone objectively determine whether I wanted to keep the camera or not. There are hints of a ground loop, but maybe more going on?

It almost seems like crosstalk ghosting possibly with another video signal at times. The problem with that, is that the DVR/Monitor might have a difficult time horizontal syncing with the camera vid signal. If that is the case, then "what you see or record may not really be what you actually got" from the camera?

...just a thought

Or at the very least, switch it from DC to ESC iris mode - that will open the lens iris up fully. Be sure to switch it back when you're done.

Yeah, its a ground loop,

that is more than ground loop. take a look at the cars going past ... that has nothing to do with ground loop.

which DVR are you using ??? also type of hard drive used ( i have seen green type do this)

VpsjUPtQ6yw

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm pretty confident its a ground loop as I get a nice clear image with just one camera. For the records I'm running two cameras and power on a single cat-5 cable (<100ft) going to a Night Owl (TFT) Poseidon. I'll get some more captures with a single camera after setting the focus at night and turn off the physical iris when I do the setting.

Ok, tinkered around with the focus at night with the electronic shutter on, DC off. Results look a lot better:

_kZidyzpGXI

1PDz36rQP28

Still not sure its a better bang for the buck than the Qvis though.