G22

Win XP or 2000 Pro?

I use Win XP, just because is newer and customer's always wondering why Win2000 with a 3K DVR.

And Microsoft has already announced that they will not be supplying their distributors with 2000 any longer. They have already begun pulling the plug to updates and by the end of this year will no longer support it. XP is the best way to go if you are using MS OS, unless you have an extremely large deployment then use 2003 server and you have some great options to toss on the network.

scottj

simple - I hate 2000 .... at least with XP SP2 you can tweak the living heck out of it ...

he he, reformating a winXP PC tonight to load ME back on it ... hmmm, it is a 766Mhz so thats why ... some moron loaded XP on it and it suddenly got very very very slow ... i still cant figure out why ..??

ME? You crazy, bro. Anyhow, do a format with Hiren's boot CD and will get all the junk.

P.S. Win2k was stable as a rock!

ME? You crazy, bro. Anyhow, do a format with Hiren's boot CD and will get all the junk.

P.S. Win2k was stable as a rock!

700mhz .. yes has to be ME .. it was designed for ME so it will be fine.

...more holes in it than Alpine Lace Swiss Cheese. Unfortunately, the only game in town for the AVERAGE consumer.

Um, Mac work well too.

Are there some cards that will run in Mac OS X?

Which also brings up are there some Linux based cards?

yeah just reformatted a PC that had a 4 channel linux card, will play with the card in my other PC and let yall lnow ...