Toaster

Analog video samples????????? anyone????????

I know most of you here are installers or industry professionals, but what I'd like to see are some video samples of analog camera setups. More than the few offered by our fearless leader Rory. " title="Applause" />

I'm simply a end user, and want to compare what I'm seeing on my inexpensive systems with the systems you guys are working with that most likely I can not afford Does anyone have a web site setup with analog and or ip camera samples? surely that's something you guys would have interest in as well?

just whats on my site ... i got more but didnt put it online yet, most of it is recordings from client's DVRs so cant anyway.

Toster,

did I add you ass a friend?

I wish to talk with you by mail.

would you?

No - I have NO ASS FRIENDS ... but sure I'll TALK to you by email - but thats as far as things are going -I'll warn you in advance... and I can hold my liquor so don't even try it.

Here's a quick sample from my parking lot camera, night time... camera is a Q-see QSC1352W

1/3 sony ccd w/dsp. 520 lines, D1 @ 30fps. 3.6mm lens

View My Video

It was a traffic stop... well them leaving anyway.........

Edited by Guest

Here's another one from the back of the store as a car passes by, 30fps d1 - 330 line color ccd camera true/day night - el cheapo camera.......... I think its 1/4 ccd (brand?) if I remember right, this is a clover bundle camera.

View My Video

This is the cheapest setup i could think of ----- Camera no1 is a $25 camera, 4,5 are 1/4" Sharp cameras ---- nothing on here is more than 420TVL and the DVR cost $400

xvision-1.png

This is the cheapest setup i could think of ----- Camera no1 is a $25 camera, 4,5 are 1/4" Sharp cameras ---- nothing on here is more than 420TVL and the DVR cost $400

xvision-1.png

how do you know ?

If you use the Dahua LE-AS it would be even cheaper

BTW ... this is the cheapest, all used old broken cameras brought back to life .

even the IR in camera 3 was an old Extreme CCTV EX26LED that was thought to have been struck by lightning and was on the way to the trash (otherwise that area is almost pitch dark).

and a demo DVR .. basically everything was 100% free including the old 2nd hand PC I use to watch it remotely from .. and im recording over the network so i dont even need a hard drive in the DVR as its using the old one on this old PC

03.jpg

xvision-1.png

how do you know ?

Well, I meant the cheapest setup in our array --- of course I could have got a $40 dvr and put these cameras on there. But i thought the question was asking for comparative images in the price range. I wasn't using my cost price - i was using our resale price - and specifically wasn't aiming to demonstrate high quality, or $40 dvr's --- This 16 channel isn't the brand we normally represent and neither is it the cameras we normally use --- I thought the poster wanted to get a realistic comparison of low end devices -----

Just to add - not one of the cameras on my sheet have more than 12 Leds. I think this is a realistic comparison for low end ----cams where snapped over the network, not live view. --- if going into further detail, the dvr has searchable onboard pos, gps, smart searching and a number of features not available on the Dahua DVR --- but then this is just a cheapie which we keep around basically for some low end POS applications.

Edited by Guest

If you use the Dahua LE-AS it would be even cheaper

BTW ... this is the cheapest, all used old broken cameras brought back to life .

even the IR in camera 3 was an old Extreme CCTV EX26LED that was thought to have been struck by lightning and was on the way to the trash (otherwise that area is almost pitch dark).

and a demo DVR .. basically everything was 100% free including the old 2nd hand PC I use to watch it remotely from .. and im recording over the network so i dont even need a hard drive in the DVR as its using the old one on this old PC

03.jpg

Last I checked the Dahua LE-AS was available from the manufacturer around $57-65 for a 4 channel - the cost of this 16 channel - which again is not what we normally use, is significantly below the cost of the 1604LE-A/S series and as you can see it's real 420TV line cameras --- which are also obsolete standards in our area of the woods!!

Ok sorry, I misunderstood the question, I thought you specifically wanted to compare cheap images.

This is an image from the fibridge cameras we are using - 15fps UXGA (1080p)

Screenshot7-1.png

This is the same camera running at 720p

Screenshot9-1.png

While there is a big jump from the bottom end to the higher end ------- with the right lens, both can achieve the same objective from a security or operational requirement perspective.

I should just mention that I had to convert this video from the native video format to mp4 for the sake of capturing an image with my screen capture utility

Last I checked the Dahua LE-AS was available from the manufacturer around $57-65 for a 4 channel - the cost of this 16 channel - which again is not what we normally use, is significantly below the cost of the 1604LE-A/S series and as you can see it's real 420TV line cameras --- which are also obsolete standards in our area of the woods!!

But you said the DVR cost $400?

Ofcourse can always get a DVR from amazon, I had a SuperDVR 4-ch USB DVR that only cost me $6!

its in the trash now though for obvious reasons

But you said the DVR cost $400?

Ofcourse can always get a DVR from amazon, I had a SuperDVR 4-ch USB DVR that only cost me $6!

its in the trash now though for obvious reasons

Well that was just an aside --- I incorrectly assumed that the poster wanted to see what other cheap images looked like, i didn't think he wanted to put together the cheapest possible system. The price of the DVR didn't really contribute specifically to the issue.

lights off ...

Top Left: Old BW Bullet (0.1lux?) --- Top Right: CNB Monalisa

Bottom Left: Old TDN Bullet with EX26LED --- Bottom Right: Color Bullet

Lights on ....

Top Left: Old BW Bullet (0.1lux?) --- Top Right: $20 Amazon IR Bullet

Bottom Left: Old TDN Bullet (IR Off) --- Bottom Right: Color Bullet

bbm24flowlight3.png.1d688fe53f16412a4991c69b17cbc0a9.png

bbm24flowlight1.png.7f5ecbe37f12218e2c8277651968b1aa.png

20dollamazoncmosIR3.png.53a5a66794839bf0e28eba59b4191a99.png