Toaster

Analog video samples????????? anyone????????

CNB Blue-i

Eclipse Feature: Regular

eclipse1.png

Eclipse Feature: Negative (PC enhanced)

eclipse1neg.png

WDR Feature: Regular

wdr1.png

WDR Feature: Negative (PC enhanced)

wdr1neg.png

10 year (literally) old EX82 at beach front home:

(enlarged image .. from network software running 1360x768)

oldex82dahua.png

Just giving this a bump... hoping someone will post some more samples for us to enjoy

Thanks for taking the time to post the detailed review of the Qsee. These are my "overview" cameras for the most part. Supplement w/ 2x P1344, 1x P3344, 1x Arecont 3135.

Top row left to right:

Honeywell HCCM474 ($20 used), LTC0620 through window ($100 used vg low light 1/2"), Bosch LTC0355 ($5 used). I like the Bosch because of the control: default shutter is implemented correctly, AGC can be set exactly, sense up is useful in moderation.

Bottom row:

Bosch LTC0495 through window ($75 used), Panasonic 484 ($75 used, does great with strong backlighting in this location, like the autofocus when switches from d/n, also has the blackest "black" color), CNB BBM24F ($125 new, good sensitivity in IR region but not as nice a picture as the Bosch or Panasonic).

All digitized through 241S encoders. Have left out the Axis P1344/3344 as have posted those previously on this forum. Will try to post pics again later when dark.

Edit: 0495 is through a Axis 2400, just remembered that when I saw the little exclamation point in the Vitamin D shots following. It does that when the frame rate drops below 10FPS or something like that, the 2400 does D1 at around 8FPS (one of four channels used). Drop to 2-4FPS and the software can miss very short events though.

analog.jpg.188177fad587b239e99154007f090379.jpg

Edited by Guest

CNB Blue-i

Just out of curiousity, can it do that with cars moving or just sitting still?

Dont know ... I imagine both. The eclipse feature actually was a better image mounted up high but didnt get any shots of that. I wouldnt use the blue-i again though, best to stick to something like Panasonic for WDR.

Here is the software I use, viewer window and events window.

http://www.vitamindinc.com/

Just use the up down arrows on the computer to go through events, I play them back at 3x can go through the whole day in a few minutes. Can sort by people, rules etc. Easiest to use software I've ever tried, worth every penny.

Picture in the viewer window is showing a bit of the glass reflection from the camera.

vitd.thumb.jpg.9e16ff5deb45aa53b6a114eb49f35554.jpg

vitd2.thumb.jpg.0cf1ae9ed5a7a9e9c97020b5aec10bd8.jpg

Does it use a DVR card and if so what type?

Nope designed to work with IP cameras (or servers), or I guess there is some option of a K World USB DVD converter or even USB webcams. Seems to work with every camera I've tried that does mjpeg push (Axis, Panasonic, Acti, Arecont). Does not work with the IP version of the 495 which does more of a mjpeg post when requested. I was kind of disappointed in Bosch on that one...

http://www.vitamindinc.com/support/ref_guide_tips_02.html

http://www.vitamindinc.com/support/ref_guide_tips_40.html

Great samples guys! THANKS!

And to be specific what I wanted was to see some other analog cctv sample to compare against what I own. And maybe some samples of other analog cameras to make any upgrade decisions.

THANKS

lights off ...

Top Left: Old BW Bullet (0.1lux?) --- Top Right: CNB Monalisa

Bottom Left: Old TDN Bullet with EX26LED --- Bottom Right: Color Bullet

[attachment=2]bbm24flowlight3.png[/attachment]

Wow that CNB monalisa camera (top right corner) looks amazing to me.

lights off ...

Top Left: Old BW Bullet (0.1lux?) --- Top Right: CNB Monalisa

Bottom Left: Old TDN Bullet with EX26LED --- Bottom Right: Color Bullet

[attachment=2]bbm24flowlight3.png[/attachment]

Wow that CNB monalisa camera (top right corner) looks amazing to me.

Yeah monalisa's are great under low light .. sometimes

daytime is just not that great and unless it gets really dark they dont switch over and therefor get alot of noise/blur

oh gawd power went off again .. i had to go into the pitch dark garage to search for my old UPS ..then fool around in the pitch dark apt with matches trying to find the socket on it to plug the power strip into .. after all that .. 2 minutes later once it was up and running and back on the internet .. power comes on

As before, there is one 23W flood, one MIR1000 and one $5 ebay IR (at the moment).

Top row left to right:

Honeywell HCCM474 w dead pixels and too much light to switch to B&W (23W fluorescent flood), LTC0620 through window (23W flood), Bosch LTC0355 ($5 ebay IR and 23W flood partial).

Bottom row:

Bosch LTC0495 through window (CNB MIR1000), Panasonic 484 (23W flood spillover, I think w 2x sense up), CNB BBM24F (MIR 1000).

Note: the CNB has very good IR sensitivity, but the Bosch 495 shown has a f1.6 lens compared to the CNB at f1.0 so gives the CNB an unfair advantage in these pics. The LTC0495 has much better controls than the CNB, but new is a lot more expensive 3x? The one complaint about the CNB is they tend to hold color at night too long, there is an external control on the BBM24F though that works.

Edit: also I think on the LTC0620 the gain is turned down to 16dB for a nice noise free picture.

analog_night.thumb.jpg.cf13f7fff8b0b97ae59b641130beea33.jpg

Here is some more from my very cheap 420TVL cameras --- same site, but this time on a TVT 2316ME DVR

Screenshot12-1.png

Forgot to mention : cam1 is a 12LED camera

Screenshot13-1.png

Screenshot14-1.png

Edited by Guest

I finally got it ---- all this hype about ip giving better images than analog --- It's because people are using Junk analog.

Here's some more entry level analog DVR shots.

southafrica-1.png

Screenshot of video delivery in South Africa from our manufacturers premises in Hangzhou China

Same from the manufacturers side

china-1.png

This is the camera in use!

camera-1.png

$30 cameras on duhua

[attachment=0]sm_normal.png[/attachment]

Would you really pay $500 more, Plus $50 for a HD lens to get a better image than you have there on camera 1.

And then just resign yourself to the fact that you are going to have artifacts, and errors which are going to distort the image because thats what lossy compression does.

I wouldn't ---- don't know about others!

KT&C 550TVL Mini 3.6mm Color Bullet

ktcegday1.png

ktcegday2.png

ktcegnight1.png

Rory, these are awesome pics for cameras that are non mp; I am now glad I did not jump on the mp bandwagon. if this bullet camera had an audio and black or dark green in colour I would deffo gone for it; perfect camera for semi covert monitoring sneaked under the hedge.

KT&C 550TVL Mini 3.6mm Color Bullet

ktcegday1.png

ktcegday2.png

ktcegnight1.png

Rory, these are awesome pics for cameras that are non mp; I am now glad I did not jump on the mp bandwagon. if this bullet camera had an audio and black or dark green in colour I would deffo gone for it; perfect camera for semi covert monitoring sneaked under the hedge.

LOL --- no artifacts, no tearing --- who needs MP ? Only people who are using junk analog!

actually they come in a mini black bullet housing

I use the low res BW version of them in the night clubs. (low res sees more in low light)

I just picked up a Bosch EX30 (Extreme Single CCD 5-50mm) to test this weekend, will post results here.