If some thug had tried to mug you on your way home I think you'd be glad that the cameras were watching so that help could be sent to you very quickly. Thing is what you don't see is that it is likely that no such attack was likely because of CCTV being there.

CTV can work both for and against you depending which side of the law you choose.

I feel sorry for CCTV operators, their job must be so boring, I fall asleep at my computer frequently. CCTV is the most boring TV with the exception of the occasional action feature.

Have you ever watched BIg Brother at night when they are all asleep in bed? Now thats boring!

i have been mugged actually. in broad daylight, when i was 9 years old by some older teenagers. they would of done it if there was CCTV anyway. schools all have cctv EVERYWHERE! yet people still beat other people up right infront of them.

like anything... people become immune to cctv. all the law abider's will forget about them, the criminals will just wear masks when they mug people. a camera is not going to stop anything and frankly, i would feel far more scared if a couple of guys in balaclavas showed up and demanded my phone.

no, not really! nobody has actually requested these...

How do you know this? Have you asked EVERYBODY?

i have asked alot of people. not one has said they did. so yes, you got me... i shall rephrase

nobody that i have spoken to actually asked for these, nobody living in the houses who's windows and doors are overlooked by the cameras was asked and the cameras do not even have digital masks over the windows and doors..

i have been mugged actually. in broad daylight, when i was 9 years old by some older teenagers. they would of done it if there was CCTV anyway. schools all have cctv EVERYWHERE! yet people still beat other people up right infront of them.

like anything... people become immune to cctv. all the law abider's will forget about them, the criminals will just wear masks when they mug people. a camera is not going to stop anything and frankly, i would feel far more scared if a couple of guys in balaclavas showed up and demanded my phone.

Ive been kidnapped twice. 1st time they just took me somewhere and pulled a gun and took my shoes (LA gear were big back then LOL).

2nd time as they sped up a road deep into some ghetto and shouted they were "killing a white boy today" I jumped from the car then they preceded to run me down 3 times, but I managed to get away into some apartment complex. There was no CCTV, no witnesses - they got away with it likely to do it again and probably kill the next time.

I had 3 guys attack me one night with knives in a club, I ended up jumping from the 2 storey balcony but they gave chase and I fought them off further down the road - no CCTV anywhere in site, no witnesses - they got away.

Ive been robbed at gunpoint more times than I can remember, during the day and at night.

I was attacked by 2 crackheads with homemade axes one night, I ended up fighting them off for a whole hour for a few hundred feet up a road, ended up right in front of the government house and nobody saw anything - there was no CCTV anywhere. They then preceded to run back and steal my vehicle. They were however caught but were just charged with pushing me on the ground and got a few months in jail - no witnesses to the attempted murder. Before they attacked, they were adamant that they just got out of jail and didnt care about going back, why would they if each time they are caught trying to kill someone they only get a few months in jail since the charges dont even fit the crime.

Driving down the road one night there were big rocks across the road - an empty car was sitting there with the door open, and then as I slowed down a big rock came flying through my window. I sped off through a small opening in the rocks and drove straight to the police station. The next day we found out supposedly a mother and daughter had been pulled from that empty car and beaten and raped. This happened again just a year ago at another location where they caused you to pull off the road to get around it then they attack - but I drove through it then called the cops further down the road, meanwhile a woman had her window smashed out and barely got away alive. No CCTV, no witnesses. What's worse is 45 minutes later I saw 2 cops at the gas station and when I told them about it, the call was just coming over the radio.

There are countless stories like this.

For the record, crime is so high now nobody even stops at the red light at night, not even the cops.

And I'm one of the lucky ones. Thousands of other victims have been brutally killed.

Not once did any of those violent criminals wear masks - people that rob stores wear masks.

You can spend an eternity trying to advocate for the removal of CCTV in public but be certain there are more of us out there that will make sure it is installed.

Ive been kidnapped twice. 1st time they just took me somewhere and pulled a gun and took my shoes. 2nd time as they sped up a road deep into some ghetto and shouted they were "killing a white boy today" I jumped from the car then they preceded to run me down 3 times, but I managed to get away into some apartment complex. There was no CCTV, no witnesses - they got away with it likely to do it again and probably kill the next time.

I had 3 guys attack me one night with knives in a club, I ended up jumping from the 2 storey balcony but they gave chase and I fought them off further down the road - no CCTV anywhere in site, no witnesses - they got away.

Ive been robbed at gunpoint more times than I can remember, during the day and at night.

I was attacked by 2 crackheads with homemade axes one night, I ended up fighting them off for a whole hour for a few hundred feet up a road, ended up right in front of the government house and nobody saw anything - there was no CCTV anywhere. They then preceded to run back and steal my vehicle. They were however caught but were just charged with pushing me on the ground and got a few months in jail - no witnesses to the attempted murder. Before they attacked, they were adamant that they just got out of jail and didnt care about going back, why would they if each time they are caught trying to kill someone they only get a few months in jail since the charges dont even fit the crime.

Driving down the road one night there were big rocks across the road - an empty car was sitting there with the door open, and then as I slowed down a big rock came flying through my window. I sped off through a small opening in the rocks and drove straight to the police station. The next day we found out supposedly a mother and daughter had been pulled from that empty car and beaten and raped. This happened again just a year ago at another location where they caused you to pull off the road to get around it then they attack - but I drove through it then called the cops further down the road, meanwhile a woman had her window smashed out and barely got away alive. No CCTV, no witnesses. What's worse is 45 minutes later I saw 2 cops at the gas station and when I told them about it, the call was just coming over the radio.

There are countless stories like this.

And I'm one of the lucky ones. Other victims have been killed.

Not once did any of those violent criminals wear masks - people that rob stores wear masks.

You can spend an eternity trying to advocate for the removal of CCTV in public but be certain there are more of us out there that will make sure it is installed.

well the sun sounds like a pretty bad place. if this area was like that then i would welcome the cctv. but it is not. it is a nice small town in a big city.

they could setup a neighbourhood watch scheme and give the software to all participating members and have it on a rotor or something so the community watches its self. i would prefer that then some man i do not know looking at me from a control room.

the cameras do not even have digital masks over the windows and doors..

how would you know this ???

i have seen footage from them