Megapixelman

New SONY HD Hybrid over Coax

Hi,

Just finsihed has a show and saw a SONY product HD Hybrid over COAX. This camera is a IP signal that can run 500 Metres over RG59 coax cable out of the camera and on a sony decoder that outputs a IP and Analogue signal. This is signal is 720p and very little latency over the 300M they had it displaying on... Also as the processing is done at the camera the processor in the sever is not being chewed up by encoding.

I would have to say for any retrofit jobs this is the solution and not HD-SDI.... Sony can run 16 cameras over a ATom processor, lets see HD-SDI do that...

This is also a patient product for the next 2 years and you will see this move very quickly in the market.

Best products at the SHOW by far.

I think there are a few whit papers floating arund and I suggest you look into this.

MM

Hi,

Just finsihed has a show and saw a SONY product HD Hybrid over COAX. This camera is a IP signal that can run 500 Metres over RG59 coax cable out of the camera and on a sony decoder that outputs a IP and Analogue signal. This is signal is 720p and very little latency over the 300M they had it displaying on... Also as the processing is done at the camera the processor in the sever is not being chewed up by encoding.

I would have to say for any retrofit jobs this is the solution and not HD-SDI.... Sony can run 16 cameras over a ATom processor, lets see HD-SDI do that...

This is also a patient product for the next 2 years and you will see this move very quickly in the market.

Best products at the SHOW by far.

I think there are a few whit papers floating arund and I suggest you look into this.

MM

Yep, heard it too

its call "Intersil’s SLOC (Security Link over Coax) technology

hope it will not cost a fortune

Typical_App_Sys2.gif.912e975b2ae05e676214b50cacb69085.gif

If it still has to obtain an IP to get the 720p, then what would be the advantage of having this other than using existing coax cable which is already installed which is really not that big of an advantage.

I think the HD-SDI boys main claim is that its just as easy to hook up as Analog but you still get Hi-Def. Even though its ridiculously expensive to do so.

The price is between ip and analogue.. Also HD-SDI will never be

able to be a true retrofit due to cables and the quality of the cables used. Sony HD is in my option a better solution then HD SDI will be affordable to the smaller install market as well.

I guess we will see how the markets accepts them both but for larger installs I don't think HD SDI has the name or is even proven in the market yet!!! We'll see but interesting times ahead.

MM

yes i came from security wholesale and we were looking at this technology. We could not find one that is perfected as yet to date. The biggest problem was the price. 3 x times the price of a 2 MP camera. I dont see many people at the moment wanting to pay that much for a technology that will still only do 720p

The biggest problem was the price. 3 x times the price of a 2 MP camera.

1.3mp HD-SDI is around the same price. it is a good cost effective way when using existing coax to get HD results.

camera manufacturers are moving ahead. its the DVR manufacturers that need to keep upto pace.

Not really sure where you guys get your information from as this is new Sony release only a few weeks ago.. Obviously as well are mis guided on the benefits as well.. Let me ask you this? Let's say your customer wants a 26 camera install, how will HD-SDI do this without a super server to process the broadcast trans from the camera? Also the price is between Analogue and IP, we all have to admit IP is cheap at the moment.. So Maybe you are talking bout something else not the sony hybrid camera..

Sony in 12 months will release this on all cameras including PTZ and Full HD..

HD-SDI is ok but think about it on larger installs and also he price is still expensive for now.

MM

Also the price is between Analogue and IP, we all have to admit IP is cheap at the moment..

Nowhere near as cheap as analog.

Also the price is between Analogue and IP, we all have to admit IP is cheap at the moment..

Not when you can get 320TVL IR bullets on fleaBay for $15... but then, that's not really a valid comparison.

Not when you can get 320TVL IR bullets on fleaBay for $15... but then, that's not really a valid comparison.

Or $100 CNB Domes and $200 Full Featured DVRs, but then thats not really a valid comparison to fleabay.

And nowhere near the image qualty.

A Nissan Sunny is nowhere near the speed of a Ferrari ...

And yet it does the job ... even at night.

Maybes have a read of the whitepaper before

Commenting people.. Do you even know how the transmission works and how it records...

Take off your HDSI hats and our back on your IP hats..

It recorders via VMS software and via encoders.

Also the price us between quality analogue and IP not the cheap stuff some people claim are good...

MM

Maybes have a read of the whitepaper before

Commenting people.. Do you even know how the transmission works and how it records...

Take off your HDSI hats and our back on your IP hats..

It recorders via VMS software and via encoders.

Also the price us between quality analogue and IP not the cheap stuff some people claim are good...

MM

I use the cheap stuff (and the expensive stuff), clients mostly opt for the cheap stuff. That cheap stuff puts away more criminals in a month then most would in a lifetime. Ive had less problems with cheap stuff than the ultra expensive stuff. Guess stuff just ain all that these days

Yes but you have to have the specific hardware to match the SDI version cameras. I do not believe it warrants the use of such cameras. With the cost of fibre being so cheap and cost of fibre to ethernet switches why would you use a 720p camera if it is supposed to be the same price as a megapixel?

Yeah the cheap stuff has its place and am sure

liquor store owners don't spend big money on cameras like

my clients do, so hence your comments have a point.. Guess not to many people hold up shopping centers or mines now days but sure do liquor stores..

I guess we are off topic and what o mean is the Sony cameras give HD over 300m RG59.. Surely people can acknowledge that is a good for retro fits ax existing ore cabled installs.

MM

Hey Magapixelman,

Yes i acknoledge it is a good thing, but personally i would never use or recommend it and i also acknoledge everyone will always have their own opinion and choice on what they like and what they would do.....

Agreed,

But on a job that already has RG59 cable run and you and two people are quoting, I think using this will win more jobs then some one who had to recable.. In my opinion I will win more jobs then guys who have to pull cat6 day as labour is the most expensive part of any job...

Surely you have to agree with that and we are all about making money.

MM

True, but we are in different worlds where i am the customer and i would be happier to be charged the labour and have a nive new higher resolution camera then a 720p camera

Yeah the cheap stuff has its place and am sure

liquor store owners don't spend big money on cameras like

my clients do, so hence your comments have a point.. Guess not to many people hold up shopping centers or mines now days but sure do liquor stores..

I guess we are off topic and what o mean is the Sony cameras give HD over 300m RG59.. Surely people can acknowledge that is a good for retro fits ax existing ore cabled installs.

MM

Sure. Its new though, so eventually it might take off.

Im not dissing the product, if its from Sony Im sure it IS great anyway.

Just saying, like the Analog Bosch Extreme Cameras, the SDI cameras, Flir cameras ... etc . none of them are considered within most budgets and are for special applications, they all have their place though, well not sure about SDI yet, guess time will tell.

Dont get me started on liquor stores though, the bums that hang out at one client of mine LOL .. smoking weed, drinking rum, illegal gambling, begging for money ...and then come the stabbings .... they so cheap though they wont even put a camera outside where the real violence takes place .. heck they never even bought a monitor for their system!

True, but we are in different worlds where i am the customer and i would be happier to be charged the labour and have a nive new higher resolution camera then a 720p camera

You're the kind of customer we dream of having and only comes about once every 2 decades

Surely people can acknowledge that is a good for retro fits ax existing ore cabled installs.

hi. which is just the same as HD SDI. 300m up coax to a 720p dvr. i understand what you are saying about sony but is that just not the same as MP but lower res still needing a VMS.

165057_1.jpg

0_0_0_0_331_208_csupload_33950074.jpg?u=2405032832

Dahua DVR for SDI cameras (only 4 channel though)

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/product_det.aspx?ID=902&p=cpyzc&p_kind=3&c_kind=262&c_kind2=&c_kind3=

100/120fps@1080P recording, 4 channel HD-SDI (1080P/1080i/720P) video inputs, 4 channel audio inputs, and 4 channel loop outputs. It can support HDMI, VGA, eSATA, USB2.0 and 8 HDDs. 8 SATA ports, 8 HDDs or 6 HDDs + 1 CD/DVD-RW, Up to 24TB. 4 External SATA ports, up to 12TB

Dahua%20DH-DVR0404%20HD-S.jpg