jeromephone

prices for xppro

said he can install it, doesnt mean you are buying it ... thats a strange labour charge though .. i wouldnt charge less than $150 myself ...

isnt XP something free on kazaa??

Sounds very fishy... Can not be that low with installation...

Why don't you use Alternative OS?? Like Linux? This way you do not have to pay for it or to worry about virus attacks or spyware or any Microshaft related (or purposely induced) problems...

Levon

I have been selling Windows for a long time and it is possible to get a pre installation which he has a master key to but I highly doubt because it cost millions. You do not get a copy of the windows cd, but have it installed in it when you buy a computer. But for something that cheap $67 I would say take it and run, nobody don't know that it is legit or not until it is audited.

Wow... Very interesting terms and conditions:

2. Basic Conditions of Purchasing at Downloadable Software online store

2.1. You are informed that the software is in English language only unless noted differently on the site or by the Support representative;

2.2. You will thoroughly follow the downloading and installation instructions on your account;

2.3. You cannot register the software with the manufacturer and updates are available not for all the products;

2.4. You do not receive printed license documentation;

2.5. You do not receive a copy of the software on a disk.

2.6. The Store will assist the Customer with downloading and installation issues. We will not provide technical support after the software product is downloaded and installed; neither will it be available from the manufacturer of the software product.

2.7. If you purchase any of the products listed below you confirm that you already have or going to purchase or obtain in any other way CD burning software which support the function of creating image disks.

I guess they can and are getting away with this...

Very interesting marketing?

Levon

well here is the registrant, the domain name

Domain Name: BANKSOFTUSA.NET

Registrant:

Neo net ltd

John Hopking (soft@lastsoft.biz)

PO box 675 , denver .co

Denver

CO,188101

US

Tel. +1.2372732

Same web site registrant:

http://www.getinstantly.com/

"Frequently asked questions:

Why so cheap!?

Unlike retailers, we do not sell software in a fancy box, with printed documentation, etc., meaning we do not shell out on CD manufacturing. The software itself is only what you get - available for download right after purchase!"

Sounds fishy, probably a fake address, etc. If they are selling unupdateable software below manufacturer prices. Sounds like they came from Kazza ..!

No address or contact info anywhere also.

thanks

I probably knwe the answer before I asked the question.

I will tell my customer to stay away from this supplier. I guess even if the software is overpriced, buggy and the company is making billions it is still stealing.

"Why is the software so inexpensive?

We offer the software for downloading only, it means that you do not receive a fancy package, a printed manual and license that actually aggregate the largest part of the retail price."

So, the license to actually use the software is what costs so much. Yeah, who needs that.

VJD, can you sell the product for less than its cost and still make profit??

Micro....f makes sure that there is a price fixing on their OS, regardless if you have the master contract or not... If you are downloading their software and if you need their updates, as you may already know, if your copy of the software is pirated or registered before, you can not... therefore, your call will go to our friends in India, and someone will be asking too many questions before they give you activation code...

What surprises me the most is marketing tactics used to attract people and to sell something that is illegal period and in this case, any software download is illegal from this site.... I know illegality is matter of interpretation, as long as you have not harmed anyone nor profited from a piece of software that you had nothing to do with.. but, this website is really pushing their luck... Besides Micro...f, they sell all the majors products at prices that is not possible if they actually had the cost of such products...

Instead of worrying about the lincensing or if the product is legal or not, what also surprises me is that majority masses are still hooked on this unstable OS and then they complain why certain things happen... In case of Linux, such problems do not exist and with over 20,000 stable applications, Linux can take over the desktop in the same manner as they have done in Servers OS side of the business... if only people will stop wasting their time on Micro...f created problems and rather try using Linux...

Levon

coming from a copyright infringed country .. they have the non activation windows all over the place here, they can do windows updates without a hitch, just cant register and who cares about that? No activation needed, and all updates online work .. not saying its right, just how it is.

Rory, if it is the XP Professional, you can not update your system to SP2... this is not only from personal experience, but also many cooworkers as well...

Levon

Dude, its done all the time, trust me on that. Its SP1 with no activation required.

Uhm, considering a little crack that I have, I don't think that's accurate.

Rory, I know what you are referring to... If you intend to stay with Microshaft, then you need to follow their updates.... and having the latest updates is very crucial to your system's operation....

Otherwise, go to Linux and then you have not so many issues...

Levon

Herm, I know about that crack... How about a crack to will reset XP's administrator passwords? I have that too.... It is written in Linux...

Levon

yeah i do all the updates, always..

honestly i woiuld like to try linux sometime, even Nulceus ... all in time eg NY when i come over

Rory,

If you want linux, it is extremely simple to work with it... Do you have an extra PC, does not matter older or new?? Then you will need CD burner or better, DVD burner and decent internet connection.

If you have all the basics above, I can give you URLs to download Suse distro 9.2 stable version and then guide you with all the updates that you need via their update manage, called Yast... The rest, well you will have access to everything you will even need including ability to run your favorite windows apps using Linux Wine... There over 20,000 stable and solid apps available in Linux platform at the moment, so anything that you are using in windows, there is a replacement for it...

I have been using most Linux in the last 10 years and lately, I am using distros from Suse and from Mandrake.. I prefer Suse, becuase the simplicity of the functionality and ease of update and changes that you will need.... and yes, I run few windows apps, i.e. Corel Draw and several other on top of it using WINE...

My latest catch is desktop version of FreeBSD... So far, it is even more stable and reliable than Linux (just much better structure and cleaner code per 1,000 lines). All our servers are working on FreeBSD latest stable version 5.xx (6.0 stable version should be available soon, as it is still beta at the moment). As soon as the stable desktop version of FreeBSD becomes available, I will be one of the first to use it.... No much difference on GUI between both distros and nice thing is that both share the same apps without any problems...

They are fun to use, very simple and it is crash proof and by the way, THEY WORK much better than any Windows version in existence...!

Levon

If you don't have a spare PC Rory, then try Knoppix. It's a live CD based distro (meaning it runs from the CD rather then the hard drive.) No install needed.