mateck8888

Help playing back H264 file.

Hello: I am helping local law enforcement pull video off of a DVR. They have brought me the file only, along with a photo of the actual DVR unit. The DVR is very generic, and I can not find any software to play back my file. The DVR has stamped right on the front "Mpeg4/H.264".

I have located a picture of the DVR, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get software to play back this (encrypted?) file. It ends in .adat, and I have tried VLC with no luck.

Below is a link to what the DVR looks like. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

http://sabercctv.en.made-in-china.com/product/ZqTQBpdjrihz/China-Saber-H-264-DVRs-Intelligent-8-16-Channel-Wide-Real-Time-Video-A8508V-ED-A8516V-ED-.html

No I dont think it is encrypted, mpeg4 and h.264 are codecs. Do you know the name of the DVR I would assume the manufacturer will have either a player or a converter.

Hello: I am helping local law enforcement pull video off of a DVR. They have brought me the file only, along with a photo of the actual DVR unit. The DVR is very generic, and I can not find any software to play back my file. The DVR has stamped right on the front "Mpeg4/H.264".

I have located a picture of the DVR, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get software to play back this (encrypted?) file. It ends in .adat, and I have tried VLC with no luck.

Below is a link to what the DVR looks like. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

http://sabercctv.en.made-in-china.com/product/ZqTQBpdjrihz/China-Saber-H-264-DVRs-Intelligent-8-16-Channel-Wide-Real-Time-Video-A8508V-ED-A8516V-ED-.html

Earlier today I googled that filetype and it seems proprietary.

If it is a Saber you need to contact saber.

There are a couple of manufactures out there that have that photo as a product. Of course none of them are in the USA... all China. So I called one in China, and they said "sorry, we don't support USA". Another one sent me a link to a player that did not recognize the file. I emailed them back, and no response. This DVR gives new meaning to the word GENERIC.

Thanks for the help anyway. I may have to settle for an analog out capture.

Matt

Thanks. I tried it, and renamed my .adat file to .umv, and it was not able to do anything with it. Just says "Failed Convert(Invalid format). Thank you for the try anyway.

There are a couple of manufactures out there that have that photo as a product. Of course none of them are in the USA... all China. So I called one in China, and they said "sorry, we don't support USA". Another one sent me a link to a player that did not recognize the file. I emailed them back, and no response. This DVR gives new meaning to the word GENERIC.

Thanks for the help anyway. I may have to settle for an analog out capture.

Matt

WOW, 'sorry we don't support USA'... that's LOW.