hey_moe

How many camera's do you have installed on your property

I have six and have two more coming in today. I was wondering if this is the norm. I am still learning and was wondering if I have a over kill. Will post some shots this weekend, Mike

currently only 2, I will be buying 4-6 more in the coming weeks. (8Ch. DVR, so probably won't exceed 8, as I really don't want to repurchase a DVR).

Hmmm, I think nine... although not all currently functional. Two on the street out front, one each on the front and back doors, one for the side parking lot, one for the driveway into that parking lot, one currently-disconnected PTZ on the back, and one sitting on my bench for testing...

I have boxes of working cameras, just no desire to run wires all over the house to hook them up... the two on the street out front are IP cameras connected to a router that's tied into my WPS network... the two door and one driveway cameras are using baluns to run over the three unused pairs in my phone wiring (Cat3) up to my computer room. The other two outside cameras are just running out the window of the computer room.

we have 10 in total. 4 statics on front plus a ptz, ptz on back/side entry, static on side gate, 3 statics on back of property over looking garden and decking/sheds area.

dedicated micros for dvr, and remote connection online on static ip address.

I have 6 currently, with capability up to 8. Driveway shot, garage entrance/pad, side door, front door + windows, other side door + windows, deck. Every entrance to my home is covered. Unless you get a 20' ladder.

Let me ask you guys something, do any of you have a camera that can view 100 to 150 ft and be able to see a clear image. My daughter parks he car on the street in front of our house. It has been broken into twice and hit once in the past couple of years. The camera's I have now can see a person at her car but ya can't make out their face.

Let me ask you guys something, do any of you have a camera that can view 100 to 150 ft and be able to see a clear image. My daughter parks he car on the street in front of our house. It has been broken into twice and hit once in the past couple of years. The camera's I have now can see a person at her car but ya can't make out their face.

Distance is all about lens focal length. A longer lens is what you need.

And light, if it is dark.

See comparisons here: http://www.nellyssurplusguide.com/lenscomparison.html

I have an eight channel setup- all eight channels going strong. I have an itch to take one static cam out and put in a ptz, but I keep fighting myself on it. We'll see.

I had 14 but just pulled 2 so down to 12. I don't remember how many I wired for but it was 16-20.

(i'm a nerd)

I stopped at four because I wanted to keep the costs down, but if I let myself loose with cameras

I could easily manage another 16 but then I'd have to employ a full time security guard.

Considering this is a small place i think one has to be realistic and draw the line somehwere

I have 6 in my primary house, all 1.3MP which has worked well for me. I do have an additional indoor cam I've been too busy to setup.

If you have a condo with limited access, for example shared walls on both sides, I think you can get by with 4 cameras, one in front, one in back and 2 inside. We have 4 in our vacation condo but only one pointed outside, the other 3 inside.

I have four with no more capacity to expand unless I buy another DVR and use management software.

I only wanted to cover the outside of my home so these are sufficient, one of the cameras is a PTZ and gives me a lot of flexibility to view where I want. It's like anything else, one situation this will work and not in another. My system developed around my operational requirements and it has achieved it's purpose quite very effectively.

I have six and have two more coming in today. I was wondering if this is the norm. I am still learning and was wondering if I have a over kill. Will post some shots this weekend, Mike

This is a practical question for us all.

I mean the number of camera for home or other property. I just tell you the quantity of me.

Two cameras for me. One is indoor, other outdoor.

The most important thing is not your quantity, but your quality and function.

If the camera your bought can function, like nightvision, IR, waterproof, etc.

Perhaps you consider only two cannot monitor every angles.

If I were you, I just equip them for some important areas, not for all.

Hey-moe,

I just think, How many? it is not easy to decide. For me, I intall three Loftek sentinel D1s dome camera for my home security.

After all, you have your own condition.

I have an eight channel setup- all eight channels going strong. I have an itch to take one static cam out and put in a ptz, but I keep fighting myself on it. We'll see.

Had the same itch. I say feed the itch, you only live once. I put off buying a PTZ for 10 years. Finally got one and I love it (even with some bugginess, it's still loads of fun).

Wish I could go back in time now so I could have purchased a PTZ sooner. Missed out on 10 years of having one. Currently making up for lost time.

I'm not knocking the high MP cams (5, 10, 16,) - I want to get a couple myself, but being able to control the PTZ cam and moving it all about and zooming in, well, it's almost like playing a great video game. Addicting as hell. (I just hope I don't wear it out. I'm not sure how long they last).

But heck, you can even use the joystick to control it. I miss the arcades...

And light, if it is dark.

In dark condition,with longer lens,you should usd Intelligent IR camera. [spam link removed] you can find some VIDEW.

Well so far those CNB cameras are the best for me for day time and night time. When I had the PTZ working it was nice to be able to move it around and put it where ya wanted it. The night views aren't that good for that camera. I am thinking of ordering another CNB camera and installing the PTZ on the second floor and hooking it direct to my TV. hooking the new CNB camera where the PTZ use to be. I should get the PTZ camera in this week or the first of next week. I asked da wife would she mind if I installed one in her shower...her response was her middle finger and I can't print what her statement was ...he..he..he...Mike