dazza12345789

KGuard network help!

Hi there,

Just bought home a KGuard SHA108.V2 for my house - set it all up but now am stuck when trying to get it to work online (with iPad, iPhone and Mac's etc)

As im with BT residential, i cant obtain a static IP address so have tried using other methods but to no avail.

Ive got a BT HomeHub v2 if that helps and would just like to be spoon fed on how to sort this out! I set up a DDNS with KGuard.org but not sure if is of any help!?

Thanks for your time,

Daryl

You got what you paid for: Cheap, DIY, and little ot no technical support. Read the instruction manual, if it doesn't tell you what you want to know, you can thank the importer who offered the system as a plug n' play CCTV solution.

Sorry I didnt offer any help, the following is and not aimed at you hope you eventually get it sorted.

Don't know how many times I have to say this but;

CCTV IS NOT A PLUG AND PLAY TECHNOLOGY AN LIKELY NEVER WILL BE

It wasnt exactly cheap...

But i agree, it is working fine on monitors yet as soon as it comes to it working over Lan/networks, everything screws up!

I think port forwarding on the hub is one of the main problems... after forwarding 80 & 9000, canyouseeme.org still claims that the ports are shut.

And based in Essex, near Harlow.

Hi. On your router Ports remove port 80 it is not needed. Also forget about using a ddns service. (you should not need it) best way to test is to use your mobile .... Look for a app called asee

Appreciate the advice, when you say 'remove', do you just mean forward it? Or is this another thing entirely?

Also, what will the app show?

Im sorry for sounding so stupid... its annoying as i thought i was relatively good at this stuff!

Thanks again

Edit: Just downloaded the app and realised it is to view the cameras. Only thing that im unsure of is what i should set as the IP address and username/password? Again, i really appreciate the help.

what will the app show?

with using the app is away of checking remote works. being on your own network can block viewing from your own external ip.

Just downloaded the app and realised it is to view the cameras. Only thing that im unsure of is what i should set as the IP address and username/password? Again, i really appreciate the help.

click here and your external ip will show up http://whatismyipaddress.com/

197708_1.png

address ...... you need your external ip (from link)

Port ......... they say use 6002 you will need to portforward your dvr ip to 6002 or try the port you have already forwarded replace 6002 with 9000

Device name ........ just call it CCTV

User name and password are admin

Thanks a lot for your help,

On the PM, Neutech said about using a DMZ to save port forwarding as that is proving to be a pain with the Home Hub v2.

So in my Hub settings, it showed that 2 devices were on attached by ethernet, my computer and the DVR - i used the DVR device to assign the DMZ to - i know this is not an IP, but when i click on my DVR on network settings, the IP is just 192.168.001.100... this seems too generic so thus cant be right, correct?

As i can't have a static IP, I went on KGuard.org to create a DDNS, and they gave me a domain name, so i put that in the the DVR,

Here are some pictures of what is going on:

What the main network screen on the DVR looks like (I can change 'Static IP', to 'DHCP' or 'PPOE')

Once clicked on DDNS, this is happening: (Note the error?) To add to this, i downloaded 'ASEE' on my phone, and after putting in the details that you told me to, it said it connected to the server yet no picture turned up?

]

And here is showing my hubs settings and the device 'Unknown' is my DVR, so have assigned the DMZ to that.

What is coming up on my phone (I should mention that this is a HTC, im doing it on, not sure if that differers things?)

If i can provide you with anything else that would help, please just ask, you are doing me a massive favour.

Thanks again

Daryl

Edited by Guest

Just an update, got it working on LAN. Not sure if this means that I'm doing something else wrong, but I'm still struggling to get it working on the apps and not LAN.

Cheers

Hi. just looking at your posts and found this

197709_2.jpg

you have a gap between darylj burton.Kguard.org

you can have a gap this is why you have unreachable in your listings

I am no longer using .kguard.org - instead using .zapto.org (via no-IP.com) and the problem of it not reaching the server is fine, just now it is saying my username/password is incorrect. I can use the same username/password to log into no-ip.com account, yet, on the DVR and web browser client, it is saying the credentials are wrong? Is the username/password something different... Something I have missed?

Thanks for the input though, nice eyes as well - I have rectified it now but the problem of username is still persistent.

Cheers

Hi. you are all up and running ......... this is your unit.

197800_1.jpg

But i will Say remote app via mobile...... is the most stupid idea Kgaurd have done. Free apps but with a bloody advert right across the viewing screen that you cant remove

So, we are working? I can do LAN, but now I can do it externally?

Whenever I type in my username/password after putting 'daryljburton.zapto.org' into my browser, it doesn't allow log in as it states my username/password is wrong? What did you use? Plus, when I do it on a app on my phone (IP viewer), it says 'failed to retrieve image from camera'? And on 'asee', I connect to server, yet no image?

I'm sorry for being such a pain, but thanks for your help so far!

Hi

I have Kguard NS401, I can not get it to work with my mobile (iphone) but it works on the network (home network)

how did you get it to work "dazza12345789" ?

Regards

MrDTS

Sweden

You are never going to get any success with a dynamic ip from BT , they change addresses for the fun of it , sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. DDNS is also too hit and miss unless you are prepared to pay for it (dyndns pro). Take it from me , bite the bullet and-upgrade your BT internet to business use with a static ip,

It's encouraging that you managed to get a DNS account working and I haven't read the whole thread but I assume you managed to open the ports set in the network settings including port 80 (which is often open already. I use www.yougetsignal.com to check open ports. If you checked everything and the ports are correct and open then you probably have an error in your app and software settings.

I haven't instaled a K Guard for some time now so I can't honestly remember the poert numbers and any stuff that might need attention.

I applaud your efforts so far...

I have two computers ( one win7 and the other xp) which connect fine to my KGuard dvr. Then I have another laptop running Win7 that gets the invalid login error.

I also can't get my Ipod to connect. I've tried Kview and ASee++.

Looking for helpful suggestions.

Hi

can someone help me with the below? i have a Kguard DVR, its BR-1601.

i have forwarded the ports but still confused with the configuration on MAC and andriod phones. the ports i have forwarded are 80 and 9000. can i enter the a number IP where is says ip address, eg. 192.168.1.300 etc? as far as i know it should work if we are on LAN, i tried and even that doesnt work?

please advise

Hi

can someone help me with the below? i have a Kguard DVR, its BR-1601.

i have forwarded the ports but still confused with the configuration on MAC and andriod phones. the ports i have forwarded are 80 and 9000. can i enter the a number IP where is says ip address, eg. 192.168.1.300 etc? as far as i know it should work if we are on LAN, i tried and even that doesnt work?

please advise

Unless your phone is using only your wi fi then your DVR's local address should work from your phone. BUT you should have the Public IP (if it's static)or DNS hostname in the address bar for data use on your phone.

Did you have the DVR connected when you did your port forwarding and did you point the ports traffic to the IP address of your DVR (which should be static). Some routers require that you reserve or set aside LAN adresses that re staic BEFORE you port forward. If you haven't done it, you will have to backtrack and remove the rules before reserving the LAN IP of your DVR