laredocctv

GV800V3 not loading #D drivers, why?

Help!

I'm trying to intall a GV800V3 6.1 on a ATI Radeon 200 Athlon 64 3200 motherboard w 512MB. The device drivers only load VC #A thru #C and Audio #A thru #C. All of the documentation tells me that it should load #D also, but even after restoring my system (destructive restore) and installing the drivers BEFORE the software, it never installs the #D. Of course when I try to run the software, I get the "Can't Find Keypro"/"Card Setup Fail" messages.

I checked with the manufacturer and the chipset is the ATI Radeon 200. It is my understanding that the ATI chipset is not a VIA chipset; anyone know if they are the same?

What board is it? If you have the manufacturer and model I want to look at something for you.

Scottj

Scott,

It is an emachines model T6212. I'm not sure who manufatures the motherboard, though... Does this help

I thought the dongle was needed only for version 7 of the sw...

I really appreciate your help....

Scott,

It is an emachines model T6212. I'm not sure who manufatures the motherboard, though... Does this help

I thought the dongle was needed only for version 7 of the sw...

I really appreciate your help....

eMachine? GULP! Good Luck...

So you think the problem is eMachines? Aren't most box makers using motherboards from the same handfull of manufacturers? I thought the rest was marketing hype. Is this assumption really wrong or are there religious issues here?

It probably has a Via Chipset, which is very common to show driver errors.

I looked at the specs but they dont say what it has, more than likely though.

So you think the problem is eMachines? Aren't most box makers using motherboards from the same handfull of manufacturers? I thought the rest was marketing hype. Is this assumption really wrong or are there religious issues here?
Sorry, I just had a flashback to my former life as an IT Tech. eMachine was the like second comming of Packard Bell. Moto was who cares about quality or support, no one can build a machine cheaper then us... I remember always having problems and them being very difficult to work on. But, YMMV...

I think he said it has ATI 128MB, seperate card?

The symptoms are that of using a Via Mother board though, been there done that which is why i am saying ... driver issues big time with a via mobo.

That or the card is bad.

Open up the PC and look on the mobo, see if you see any square black thing that sais INTEL, VIA, or SIS.

let us know.

Edited by Guest

Actually, eMachines aren't the cream of the crap anymore. I think they are better than Dell. I would make sure you have the right version drivers for your card. If you can test it on another machine that would be the best thing to do. But, you might have a bad card.

I prefer HP Compaq over any other brand now, besides the SysteMax systems, which are similar anyway. SysteMax allows customizing of the systems at decent prices, ofcourse building your own will always be the best.

I agree, if you need a machine for a DVR, you'll definetly want to build your own. All these name brand PC's might be cheap, but they usually use the worst components. They just throw a fast processor in as the hook.

Yep, the ATI x200 is the ATI integrated graphics chipset so this suggests an ATI chipset. I know that the older ATI chipsets were on the DO NOT USE list, but I don't know if the new ones have been tested yet. Be careful with SiS also, some of the older ones are on the DO NOT USE list too. Stick to Intel or nForce just to be safe.

I would like to know the rate consultants are charging these days too.

moved .. //

Dude if the card fits in that board, buy a SIS if you need to save some dollars as cheaper than Intel, and replace the board with that. Depending on the CPU, maybe look at a micro ATX board but make sure its the same CPU socket.

I had to do that with the first SysteMax PC I bought for the geo, had a Via so I just paid $50 and switched the mobo, still saved money in the long run, and the DVR has been running without a glitch.

Actually my issue on that PC was the DSP card wouldnt work, the Geo GV800 actually loaded fine on the Via .. strange

But there were some strange issues that I could not explain, except for sure it was the mobo.

Use the Intel if you can ... if you have no other choice like i did down here, then the SIS, it was all I could get on short notice ... works well.

Question, are you using a DSP card??

First, let me thank all of you for your prompt insights!!

There IS a rectangular chip about 1/2 inch by 3/4 inch (i.e., fairly small) that has VIA printed on it on one corner of the motherboard. It also has a big (inch and a half) square silver chip with ATI on it and another under an aluminum heat sink (perhaps a little bigger) that I dare not remove (this chip is in addition to the big processor chip under the big fan/heatsink).

The graphics card is definitely integrated onto the motherboard, since there are no other PCI cards (except for a modem which I removed).

Regarding the VIA chip, I opened a Compaq Presario SR1617CL (They sell them at Sam's) and it had a motherboard that was practically identical with the emachines MB, VIA chip also.

This, of course, is meaningless, since I did not attempt to plug in the GV800 card into the Compaq, so I don't know if it would have worked. The point is that my initial suspicion was that the emachines had a VIA chipset causing the problem, so I bought the Compaq with the intention of not finding anything with VIA printed on it, but there it was...

The bad GV800 card scenario also seems likely. Geovision strikes me as a company that would have pretty good quality control. Are infancy failures like this common or rare?

My supplier has given me an RMA, but could it be my fault (i.e., pilot error?).

Thanks a bunch!

I do not have a DSP board, just the GV800.

ANy suggestions on a MB? WHere to buy, etc... ANy that might use DDR ram & AMD Athlon processor and still work? So that I can reuse what I already have...