wassa786

need 16 cameras

Just purchased a GV1480 and need some suggestions on purchasing some cameras.

It is for a gas station and I need about 5 outdoors and the rest (11) in doors.

Was looking at 1/3" 600TVL...however, I wanted to stay around $1k-ish for the budget. I've looked at the sony cameras on ebay, would those be okay for outdoor use or should I get the varifocal ones and put them in an enclosure?

I figured 600tvl would give me a decent resolution and with the 1480, I would get good FPS.

TIA!

You can't just say are the sony's ok. Thats like saying I'm looking at a toyota, will that car suit my needs?

It's gonna be alittle difficult staying under 1000 for 16 cameras and get good quality out of them though.

$95 which is better than the local shop charging $159 for one.

do you think so. ???? your link // hong kong / cheap fixed lens / not a day night / lucky if you have warranty (without the high cost of YOU shipping back) and the spec listed has nothing to do with camera.

so you will find out $95 is a waste of money. and have to buy another say $95 = $190. or you could buy local and have a demo before you buy and also have a place to return if warranty needed

What I don't understand is why people are trying to "save" and buy stuff from ebay when you can get better quality cameras with dealer support and a warranty for LESS!?!?! There are plenty of good cameras under $150, a few under $100 that are very solid performers

For indoor-

11 gadspot GS753ET

For outdoor-

5 gadspot GS854P

I mention gadpsot often because of the quality/value factor. NOT because I have any affiliation with them at all. At 16 cameras, they'll probably give you a shipping break as well. Those may not be the perfect solution for every location, but the cameras themselves at least offer good features and good quality- and they come in right around your budget. I would think they'll offer plenty enough to dial in good views. Good luck.

Those cameras you found on fleabay seem like they will have IR noise at night time. I didn't see any DNR

or low s/n ration. Do yourself a favor, buy local so if the picture quality is garbage, your not going crazy

trying to correct it, especially if your going to be spending at least 1000.00!

Hey, thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it!

Looking into the gadspot cams.

One last question, these cams will be connected to a GV1480 PC based DVR, how would I output the cameras to a television? The PC does have HDMI out.

Thanks in advanced!

For indoor-

11 gadspot GS753ET

For outdoor-

5 gadspot GS854P

I mention gadpsot often because of the quality/value factor. NOT because I have any affiliation with them at all. At 16 cameras, they'll probably give you a shipping break as well. Those may not be the perfect solution for every location, but the cameras themselves at least offer good features and good quality- and they come in right around your budget. I would think they'll offer plenty enough to dial in good views. Good luck.

Interesting cameras... Do you have any screen caps from these cameras? only 4mm-9mm is kinda a downer. Most I see are 2.8mm-12mm like this one:

http://www.videocamerasecurity.net/servlet/the-210/2.8-dsh-12mm-IR-Vandal-Dome/Detail

I have the white one of this and love it! The focus and zoom were linear unlike other domes I've used where the zoom/focus ramp up so fast you pass it everytime. And these were some supposed high dollar name brands.

For indoor-

11 gadspot GS753ET

For outdoor-

5 gadspot GS854P

Interesting cameras... Do you have any screen caps from these cameras? only 4mm-9mm is kinda a downer. Most I see are 2.8mm-12mm like this one:

http://www.videocamerasecurity.net/servlet/the-210/2.8-dsh-12mm-IR-Vandal-Dome/Detail

I have the white one of this and love it! The focus and zoom were linear unlike other domes I've used where the zoom/focus ramp up so fast you pass it everytime. And these were some supposed high dollar name brands.

Really Informative.

Hello

I think point is not which type of camera you desired to deployed, but does it needs safty consideration at "GAS Station".

You know if is there an potential explosion place you should more carefully.

I am sorry to burst the bubble here but the GS854P are not outdoor cameras. Gadspot says they are, and so do a lot of people selling them on the net. But it is a big fat lie. All the vandal proof domes that look like the snail type and have 36ir, are not weather proof. They have rubber for a so-called seal, but the factories that make them say they are only for indoor use. Sellers in the US are just marking them as IP66 when really they are not. Don't waste your money.

I am sorry to burst the bubble here but the GS854P are not outdoor cameras. Gadspot says they are, and so do a lot of people selling them on the net. But it is a big fat lie. All the vandal proof domes that look like the snail type and have 36ir, are not weather proof. They have rubber for a so-called seal, but the factories that make them say they are only for indoor use. Sellers in the US are just marking them as IP66 when really they are not. Don't waste your money.

I have a ton of the snail type cameras out in the field and they have survived thunderstorms and even more. How

do you explain that?

I've had my gadspot ball domes of that type out in the weather going on two years. Storms, hurricane, freezing temps, humid hot temps, no problems.

This gadspot outside, no. Strickly indoors-

200500_1.jpg

This one outside, no problem.

200500_2.jpg