iwatchlive

Can we still buy GV900 cards?

Can we still buy GV900 cards? Also I wanted to ask about the 12 channel cards. Is the price difference worth the loss of channels?

We recently ran into a problem with the GV1240 not allowing the AGC controls to be displayed. It is a miserable find to have the customer be so happy to hear about this fantastic DSP card and only to find out that we cannot tweak his outside cameras and inside ceiling tile mounted domes because of it. I understand that with this particular client has 5 hotels and we are doing them all. We need to keep him happy and there is no way for us to keep our pricing down to buy each camera with pro-sony ccd with dials and potentimeters and whatnots. He kills us on labor and we need to make it up on product costs. Normally they are awesome dome cameras. Special armor dome with free floatinf tri-axis gimbal which can be wall mounted top or bottom. Nice 2.6-6mm is awesome wide views too. They have one with all of the features, but approx $100 more per 22 cameras is allot to eat. But I would have done that for the potential lighty locations had we known about the DSP nightmare.

Just a word of caution to out bretherin in cable!

Adam-

iwatch,

If you are using a decent camera, you should not need the AGC via the Geo software. If you can provide us with the camera model/type/brand, we can test it in our office and help you resolve your issue you are having using other methods. The AGC is just a "quick" baseline adjustment, the camera overall should be able the either auto adjust or have setting changes available in order to dial it in for the application. Let us know, more than happy to look into this for you.

Scottj

We buy them locally in Miami and we love them for so many applications, but occationally, we like to tweak them with agc. I know that it is not the best answer, but it was a nice tool. I wonder if they will aloow it to work in the future, or I am giving back my other 1240's that we have in stock

Can we still buy GV900s I have to replace some of them already!

Thanks again,

Adam!

I wanted to know if there was anyway to verify the resolution via device or by reading the ccd chip numbers?

I still have some chunks left of some plastic domes that I smashed, they once sold me. Ouch, one customer we had to compare apples to apples with those eclipse cameras and we had the most difficult time with these baby games non agc domes with neon lighting and outdoor glare

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!Crash.gif

How many GV-900 boards are you looking for iwatch? 8 or 16 port?

Scottj

iWATCH (Adam) and his wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl this afternoon. He probably won't be online for a few days, but when you see him, congradulate him!

Right now we need 2 GV900-16's. We typically buy:

600-4, 650-8 & 800-16...

We get great prices, but our vendor runs out a lot. Someone can grow old waiting on that slow boat from China (or whereever)...

Actually, there are no longer being manufactured....They are already phased out, you can no longer get them from GV. Also, I can supply you with any card you need at any time....Genuine GV products. Also, camera products....You name it, I can get it....

I agree, you can no longer get them from GV, but since GV doesn't make the boards it doesn't mean that you cannot get that card. UDP still manufacturers the board, GV just chose not to pair up their software with it any longer due to the combo board.

Scottj

I have one gv-900-16 available.

It has been replaced by the GV-1240-16 however because for a little more $, you get an integrated DSP with composite output, and as many audio channels as there are video channels on the card.

Geo makes the cards? Thats news to us

I tought crayola corporation designed their software to start with, then i found a taiwanese 10 year old was the culprit ..

jkidding ... they got the features, but they could spice it up to a more professional looking level .. seems the new skins in the new beta version might do that, to a point.

Question though, anyone know who makes the Geo Keyboard??

Actually, UDP makes the combo cards for GV. I have their new product info, and I an in constant contact with their offices in KOREA.