buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

Just got my package in via Fedex. They replaced the bad camera with a new one, I checked the serial #. Packing slip says "Camera is defective with no night vision. Camera replaced w/new camera. Replacement fully inspected and thoroughly tested cameras function properly in lab"

Shipped out Thursday to them and arrived back to me Monday. In in Los Angeles.

Nice, heck you could have driven over, aren't they in the O.C.?

yep, they are in Anaheim. Maybe a 30 drive for me. Shipping was free however and they don't accept walk-ins.

I had a camera company ship my camera to another customer, so maybe I'm more paranoid than most but if they don't accept walk ins then it is what it is. At least you know that ground UPS only takes a day anyway.

Has anyone tried to replace the 6mm stock lens with a 6mm mp lens (the $15 ones)? I saw how much clearer the 3.6mm was, just wondering if the 6mm is that much clearer too.

Has anyone tried to replace the 6mm stock lens with a 6mm mp lens (the $15 ones)? I saw how much clearer the 3.6mm was, just wondering if the 6mm is that much clearer too.

The stock 6mm lens that it comes with is a MEGA lens. But it sounds like you want to see if anyone has tried a 6mm m12 mega lens?

The stock 6mm lens that it comes with is a MEGA lens. But it sounds like you want to see if anyone has tried a 6mm m12 mega lens?

Yes, that.

I've got my Costco system up and running and the leap in quality from my $300 analog system is quite impressive.

I have been trying to adjust the contrast and brightness for the cameras. If I adjust for the best daytime image the night image horrible.

Using the NVR interface it looks like you can adjust contrast/brightness/gain for two time periods. I'm assuming daytime and night. I can't get it to save the settings. If I leave the left column at 24 hours I can save the adjustments. If I mess with the time interval and try to use both columns it will not save. Has anyone been able to make this work?

color-settings2.jpg.7af73aa1971d78c6ca78cf7340ff333a.jpg

color-settings.jpg.188e4152aa5037b5c243b15f59fa5e4c.jpg

I've got my Costco system up and running and the leap in quality from my $300 analog system is quite impressive.

I have been trying to adjust the contrast and brightness for the cameras. If I adjust for the best daytime image the night image horrible.

Using the NVR interface it looks like you can adjust contrast/brightness/gain for two time periods. I'm assuming daytime and night. I can't get it to save the settings. If I leave the left column at 24 hours I can save the adjustments. If I mess with the time interval and try to use both columns it will not save. Has anyone been able to make this work?

Have you trtied setting these up on the camera directly? The camera own UI and NVR UI settings are not exactly the same. Although Im not sure how the connection works if you use the POE ports on the NVR. I use a seperate POE swith for my cams and only use the NVR for recording video.

Have you trtied setting these up on the camera directly? The camera own UI and NVR UI settings are not exactly the same. Although Im not sure how the connection works if you use the POE ports on the NVR. I use a seperate POE swith for my cams and only use the NVR for recording video.

Can you adjust color settings for two time periods accessing the cameras directly?

I don't think I can access the cameras directly while they are going through the NVR. Q-see's documentation mentioned that somewhere.

Can I plug the cameras directly into my router and access them via their ip addresses? Would that be the cameras 10.xxx address?

It appears I can't just plug a camera into my router because it will have no power. But the NVR has exactly what I need, the ability to set contrast/brightness/gain for two time periods, day and night. It just doesn't appear to work. Hopefully someone else that uses the NVR to adjust color settings can give it a try and verify whether it's the software or just me.

Is there an updated firmware? Q-See on Facebook posted about (edit) how to update the firmware for it's DVRs just a few days ago. I don't have one (yet) so I can't really comment beyond that if a new one is available for this NVR.

I couldn't find any firmware updates for the QC804-1 NVR. I just submitted a support request asking about the dual time periods for Color Settings.

I've also had one channel that remains black/white after boot-up. At first, all four channels booted up the same. Then this one channel started lagging. Now it has been powered up a couple hours and is still black/white. Its not the camera, I switched cameras and the problem stays with the cable. Its not the POE block, I switched the cables to different ports and the problem stays with the cable. I installed new RJ45 connectors on each end of the cable and removed the excess cable since I don't need the full 100 feet. Problem remains. Finally, I tried another cable (a short patch cable was all I had) and the problem went away. So, I would say I have a bad ethernet cable. This really sucks because it is fully installed, in the attic, inside the wall, inside metal conduit.

This system will be great once I get these two minor issues solved.

I couldn't find any firmware updates for the QC804-1 NVR. I just submitted a support request asking about the dual time periods for Color Settings.

Q-See doesn't even list the QC804 NVR product on there firmware site. You should ask them why that is.

I questioned why the firmware on there support site for the 1.3mp Bullet cams was 3 months older than what my camera came with and why their site doesn't have the latest. They couldn't answer it and said mine is "probably" the latest. This dashes any hopes of Q-See provideing updated firmware.

Q-See doesn't even list the QC804 NVR product on there firmware site. You should ask them why that is.

I questioned why the firmware on there support site for the 1.3mp Bullet cams was 3 months older than what my camera came with and why their site doesn't have the latest. They couldn't answer it and said mine is "probably" the latest. This dashes any hopes of Q-See provideing updated firmware.

That's funny. They just recommended that I update the camera firmware, although I'm pretty sure I just have a bad ethernet cable. The instructions say to run the "config tool" to see the cameras. I only see the NVR when I run the config tool. Any idea how I can check the cameras firmware version?

That's funny. They just recommended that I update the camera firmware, although I'm pretty sure I just have a bad ethernet cable. The instructions say to run the "config tool" to see the cameras. I only see the NVR when I run the config tool. Any idea how I can check the cameras firmware version?

It's tricky because the cameras are DHCP and connect to the NVR via it's internal router/POE ports, so not connected to your home network. The NVR is connected to your home network so clearly you can see that. Never liked the NVR with the internal PoE ports because of this, but many like it, but it is what it is. You can plug you PC into one of the PoE ports, then you would have access to the cameras via the web interface to update the firmware. If you want both, then don't use the built in PoE ports and get an external switch.

Anyone having problems with remote access with these cameras?

How are the cameras connected? If they go to the Costco deal NVR, then you don't, you connect to the NVR via it's web interface, PSS or smartphone iDMSS apps. You need to open up a bunch of ports on your router to do this, the tcp port (37777 by default), rtsp port (544 by default), and the http port.

If the cameras are on your home network, not using the NVR's ports, then you have to open up the ports on your router for each camera. Some routers let you change the ports in the router, for example, port 80 on one camera can be referenced at 8000, another cameras port 80 can be 8001 or you can change the port numbers on each cameras. There's 3 ports for each camera. Maybe you can get away with 2, but I found opening all 3 works better. Again, you can access the cameras remotely via iDMSS, PSS or IE interface.

Then you reference the cameras or NVR using the WAN address.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 8 channel NVR with 4 cameras bundle is on sale at Samsclub now:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/8-ch-4-cam-nvr-sys-4-hd-720p-ip-bul/prod9130159.ip?navAction=

$799 for the bundle. I got mine a week ago and absolutely love it.

I never saw anyone post any IR pictures of this lens:

http://www.m12lenses.com/3-6mm-F1-8-Mega-Pixel-CCTV-Board-Lens-p/pt-03618mp.htm

Does it perform as good as the 6mm stock lens at night?

That looks great. There are few Sam's Clubs here, but the MIL has a membership up in LA area.

Costco doesn't seem to have this bundle yet???

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 8 channel NVR with 4 cameras bundle is on sale at Samsclub now:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/8-ch-4-cam-nvr-sys-4-hd-720p-ip-bul/prod9130159.ip?navAction=

$799 for the bundle. I got mine a week ago and absolutely love it.

I never saw anyone post any IR pictures of this lens:

http://www.m12lenses.com/3-6mm-F1-8-Mega-Pixel-CCTV-Board-Lens-p/pt-03618mp.htm

Does it perform as good as the 6mm stock lens at night?

Sweet! Thanks for posting this. I just placed my order. I am totally new to this ip/NVR world so I hope it isn't to hard to install and configure. I don't know much about router settings so I am sure I will be on here asking for port forwarding help and such...

I almost ordered the 4 ch but really need the 8 ch. So this is great. I will probably add a couple 2 or 3mp Dahua cams to this in the future.

Thanks again

Chris

Not to burst your bubble, but the Dahua NVR only supports up to 2MP. You can run a 3MP camera in 2MP mode though.

Ah.. thats right.. 1080P.. hmnn. I might need to use up the extra 4 ch to cover my property better or just get a good zoom to reach the street.

Yea, I didn't think of that but I am thinking 2MP might be enough for me and my small cookie cutter house/lot

I was in the same boat regarding the 4 channel. I knew there was a good chance I'd want to add more than 4 cameras so couldn't seal the deal. Then just out of curiosity I checked Samsclub to see if they had any competing offers and they happened to have this special until 3/7. That's a super deal IMHO for $799. I just ordered a few additional cameras on Ebay for mine.

That looks great. There are few Sam's Clubs here, but the MIL has a membership up in LA area.

Costco doesn't seem to have this bundle yet???

We have Sam's Clubs here but they didn't have them in stock regardless. I ordered mine online and received it in 3 days.