Sign in to follow this  
redmercurypr

bullet cameras

Where are you located, general location, no street addresses.

Where is the camera going to be placed, and have you looked at perhaps using a dome camera instead? A Dome will make it more difficult for people to move the cameras view.

Rory

Hi I'm located in Puerto Rico. I'm actually looking for a good small camera that can get around 90deg angle view in a room 10x15 ft from @ 9ft high most likely from the corner. I found this forum not to long agon and found it awesome! I also want to ask because I'm having problems in finding a supplier outside of the island. I don't want to buy from ADI.

I thought about a bullet since I a saw some good ones, but there are too many sites.

So you would typically buy from Miami right?

let me know .. im in the Bahamas. I can point you in the right direction.

Rory

Maybe look at the Provideo 637 bullet, its a high res color mini bullet camera. The quality doesnt match a Box camera, and not even some high res domes, but for the size it is impressive.

You wont find a color camera at 0.01 lux, 0.1 lux max.

Yes thats the Speco (provideo) 637, its not exview anymore, just color, 0.5 lux max maybe.

number one thats incorrect, its going to be 0.01 lux in BW only.

number 2, never go by lux specs as they are never going to be correct.

if anything go by the CCD Chip used.

number 3, toshiba is okay, but wouldnt be my choice when buying a CCTV camera.

Edited by Guest

Hearing that specs are worthless is disheartening.

If using the type of chip as the primary method of choosing a quality camera can you list some chip examples from best to worst?

Why don’t you like Toshiba?

Do they have a bad reputation for quality?

i ran that with telco wire that night (earlier this year) just to test as I had no RG59 that night .. telco and the rigged RCA connection ..

Yeah, you can clearly see the difference.

I hope I don't get that problem from using this cheap thin Siamese wire I got from XxxXxxx.

I guess if I run it over one romex wire with electricity I can expect the same or worse?

well i guess ill follow up on that, i used a short length of RG59 siamese i had lying around, and then the rest was telco 2 pair .. spliced together power and video .. hey all i could do to get the camera there temporarily

I would have done the same thing.

I have one of those Sanyo Day/Night domes laying on the floor with the red wire pushed in the end of the power lead and the black wire taped to the outside grounding.

It works. I didn’t have the adapters I needed to do it right.

I had posted this link earlier in the post but felt embarassed and removed it.

http://www.spytown.com/tosikhirdayn.html

The question in my mind was how valid were the specs, especially the very low lux rating.

That was the main thing that was in question.

As to why Rory doesn't like Toshibas I don't know.

I am guessing an inferior pickup sensor?

I don't know enough about sensors yet to know that answer.

Its like buying a Plasma TV from FORD Motor company ..

They're OEM ... you can buy a no name and get the same product.

BTW, thats not a bullet camera ...

I guess I need to learn the OEM's that offer the same quality or same exact camera without the Brand Name being stamped on them.

The branded products cost the bucks. I buy generic mouthwash it is half the price of Scope or Listerine. Same exact ingredients.

The branded products cost the bucks. I buy generic mouthwash it is half the price of Scope or Listerine. Same exact ingredients.

Not the same with CCTV, though sometimes you can find the manufacturer of a particular well known brand and luck out, however all the OEM cameras are going to be basically the same as each other, and not as good as a name brand.

Basically you get what you pay for ..

Eh, I don't think it's MSRP that the net is going to kill but the distributor part of the food chain. They are the only part of the chain that doesn't add much value but they do add markup. So either the price of CCTV gear goes down, or companies raise margin by killing a link in the chain.