zikronix

Missed the swann system at costco This Lorex is coming

I have one of the camera's plugged directly into my router and I powered it with a 12v power supply to the camera.

Frank1023,

How'd you power it with a 12v power supply? I'd like to enable WDR but don't want to have to buy a POE switch to do it.

Did WDR help with your night vision?

I have one of the camera's plugged directly into my router and I powered it with a 12v power supply to the camera.

Frank1023,

How'd you power it with a 12v power supply? I'd like to enable WDR but don't want to have to buy a POE switch to do it.

Plug in a 12 V DC power connector to the camera.

I'm trying the WDR setting right now, I found that it makes the night picture way too noisy, keeps triggering false motion events.

Hi all I have been lurking for a few days with information overload ! I think i have my mind set on the costco lorex system for 850 and i noticed it says its 350 off right now? Is that correct and i should jump on it before the sale ends or do they have this often? I cant seem to find it anywhere else for the cheeper.

We have a cottage up in Canada 6 hrs from us and i think its finally time we install one as sometimes its months with nobody there. I had planned to buy foscams until i came across this site thanks for costing me more money lol

Is it possible to stop / restart a locked camera on the Lorex? I dont have a managed external switch at the moment either but working on that... But if this unit does it then i dont really need it

Other than costco is there anywhere else to get a decent deal on a package?

The costco deals are always the best bang for your buck. you would of regrettedthe foscam purchase form what i read.

The costco deals are always the best bang for your buck. you would of regrettedthe foscam purchase form what i read.

The cameras that come with the 1080p Lorex system are great! They had Lorex dome cameras, but they seem to be gone now (I have both the bullets and domes). Can't speak for the NVR because I use BI. But based on the camera quality/cost the package deal is a good one. If you are here and doing good research you are on your way...don't go Foscam. Although, I do give them credit, they were my first IP cams and if you need a wireless cam for a baby cam they are ok. Its just once you get a "real" cam you will see the Foscam video quality in a different light.

Frank1023,

Plug in a 12 V DC power connector to the camera.

I'm trying the WDR setting right now, I found that it makes the night picture way too noisy, keeps triggering false motion events.

Looked at the back of the camera (without taking the base off) before I asked the question and didn't see anywhere you could plug one in. Must've missed it.

Bummer on the noisy picture. Was hoping WDR would improve the night picture which is the part of the camera I wish were better. To baseline that comment, this is my first IP cam so I don't have much to compare it to other than a indoor dropcam and wireless foscam PTZ.

Looked at the back of the camera (without taking the base off) before I asked the question and didn't see anywhere you could plug one in. Must've missed it.

Bummer on the noisy picture. Was hoping WDR would improve the night picture which is the part of the camera I wish were better. To baseline that comment, this is my first IP cam so I don't have much to compare it to other than a indoor dropcam and wireless foscam PTZ.

I was saying how to connect on the Lorex, I do not know if the Swann has the external connector.

See the 2nd page, the connector says 'not supported', thats the one to use. Do not use at the same time as POE, I'm guessing there.

http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/ip-cameras/LNB2151/LNB2151_TRIFOLDQSG_EN_R1.pdf

My situation might not be the same as others, as one of my cameras is pointing out quite for, so the IRLEDs have nothing to hit.

When an object is closer to the camera, the picture adjusts giving a nice and clean picture.

I'm trying to find a happy medium for noise-motion detection, the noise doesn't bother me, it bothers the motion detection, it creates continual detections.

WDR made it worse.

I found the daytime images of these cameras to be very good.

Edited by Guest

I was say how to connect on the Lorex, I do not know if the Swann as the external connector.

See the 2nd page, the connector says 'not supported', thats the one to use. Do not use at the same time as POE, I'm guessing there.

http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/ip-cameras/LNB2151/LNB2151_TRIFOLDQSG_EN_R1.pdf

My situation might not be the same as others, as one of my cameras is pointing out quite for, so the IRLEDs have nothing to hit.

When an object is closer to the camera, the picture adjusts giving a nice and clean picture.

I'm trying to find a happy medium for noise-motion detection, the noise doesn't bother me, it bothers the motion detection, it creates continual detections.

WDR made it worse.

I found the daytime images of these cameras to be very good.

Alrighty, now I feel silly. LOL. For whatever reason, I thought that connector on the "dongle" was for audio. My bad. Thanks for clarifying the obvious for me.

Thanks for the additional info on the picture at night. It sounds like we have similar camera setups and I'm trying to balance being able to see a little farther out by increasing the brightness without washing out the images up close. Was hoping WDR would help with that. May need to invest in a separate IR illuminator.

I'm also very happy with the picture in the day time. It's excellent. Thanks again for the help....

View Videos on the Lorex youtube page:

Intro:

Setup:

Camera Durability:

On the last one, is this the camera that comes with this lorex set? It looks huge?

On the last one, is this the camera that comes with this lorex set? It looks huge?

It's not that the camera is huge, but that is a midget doing the unpacking.

Does anyone know the id and password to both telnet and ftp into the Lorex NVR280 , the camers also?

I have tried admin/000000

thanks

so does it mean its possible to logon to the box and to modify it? to setup rsync for example to another device? I would really like to have a duplicate of the recordings onto an iomega fireproof hard drive

It's unique per device. It's a hash of your serial number.

How do we get the id/password for telnet/ftp?

I can see that those two ports are open.

Greetings-

I am on an apple macbook and I am trying to access the camera directly. I have tried plugging into the POE switch and it doesn't work. Can you please help. May you please provide me with step by step instructions to get into the camera itself please?

Greetings-

I am on an apple macbook and I am trying to access the camera directly. I have tried plugging into the POE switch and it doesn't work. Can you please help. May you please provide me with step by step instructions to get into the camera itself please?

Plug your home lan into both the nvr lan port and an nvr poe port.

See my previous post for a simple wiring diagram.

Connect to the nvr web interface, camera config, the camera ip addresses are listed.

Does anyone have recommendations on a poe injector? From the datasheet here they use 12V 802.3af.

The TP-LINK TL-PoE150S PoE Injector is a good bet for one camera, but if you're going to run more, you should look into getting a Zyxel switch.

The datasheet means it will run on either a local 12Vdc supply with it's own dedicated plug, or on 802.3af POE, which is 48Vdc over the ethernet cable with negotiations to enable it for appropriate devices.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-997-219&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1

Thanks for the Zyxel suggestion. I got a Zyxel ES1100-8P from newegg and it worked nicely to power my cameras located across a street -powering two Lorex cameras as well as a powering a wireless link using an Ubiquiti Nanostation M2 with an Instant 802.3af adapter.

Wow.. I'm overwhelmed.. I was about to order the Lorex with 4 bullets, but it's no longer on the site today. I called Lorex directly and they have a package with 6 bullets for $1349. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Then, now I read about Swann with very similar package and support PTZ or alarm port. Costco has a package with 4 bullets for $1199.. I dont know what to do anymore...