buellwinkle

New Dahua NVR - 5MP, 240fps of 1080P and 8 PoE ports

I don´t know the resolution of the software. But I will try it tomorrow. The price is ok ($69.00)

It seems very easy to set up.

I just got 3 Dahua HFW3300C and 2 HFW3300 cameras shipped from overseas.

I am going to install them next week. Has anyone experience with them?

I just looked at the NCR Software recommended here.

http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/netcamctr.html

Can it be used for my cams? It looks better than the one coming with my hardware.

I can´t wait to see the results.

The software supports RTSP, if you can view the camera by VLC, you should be able to use it with Netcamcenter.

try RTSP/UDP with path:

cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=

http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/netcamctr3_rtsp_device.html

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/articles/dahua-rtsp-stream.asp#1

YWRtaW46YWRtaW4= (base64 encoding of admin:admin)

is the default password, if you change the password, use base64encoder to generate yours

http://www.base64encode.org/

The software can record in HD, both 720p and 1080p 30 fps.

The OP started this thread back in May. I don't think this unit, most especially the P version, will ever show up. It seems resellers have jumped right to the 32 channel. And there is an poe version of that one as well [8 poe] but who knows who will carry what. I do not understand why the 8 channel was passed up. The only one that seemed to surface was the hik 8 channel with 8 poe. But that unit is completely lacking with no alarm in/outs. I'm just not sure why dahua users are getting screwed if they simply want an 8 channel unit, and most especially, a P version.

I just checked my tracking info and my 5216's and 5232 arrived today. When I get home, I'll check them out

Good for...you. But there's a whole market out here that wouldn't mind having them available for consideration too. Hopefully where I typically buy from will get some in too. I don't know that there's much to check out, except maybe what the limitations of the unit are above 2MP.

I set up the 5232 last night and it's Kool to see 32 cameras listed on the side and 32 boxes for cameras. I have 2 1080P cameras, one of them a ptz that I will be using to test it out. I wish I had a 5mp camera as well, but otherwise, the nvr looks good. It

has 30fps both main stream and sub stream and has same set up as any other dahua nvr. If anyone would like to purchase it, I would sell it if they really needed it. I have 2 5216's for myself and the 32 was just for testing purposes.

Any idea on how to get the SWANN cameras working on the NVR5208??? I can't figure out the settings. The NVR does not recognize my camera?

Far as I can tell, nowhere. Most re-branders have jumped right to the 32 channel units now. For some reason, it went from 4 channels to 16 channels and now, 32 channels. The 8 channel, with and without POE, has been passed over for some reason. Eight channels is arguably the most popular system for residential needs. It mystifies me why the dahua has not shown up here [yet?]. Why would I want to switch to a swann or lorex? Not interested. I know the 32 channel is far superior and the P version has 8 poe in it, but it's still overkill. There must be plenty of people like me who only need 2mp max out of their cameras, and who would find the dahua 8 channel with or with poe a perfect fit.

I just purchased a vertical nvr with four 2100 1.3mp bullets for a small job and my distributor told me NOT to buy

the one with built in POE. He is getting alot of returns lately from a bad batch. Apparently, the POE ports are

failing. So I bought the non POE for less money and bought a TP-link POE switch. The customer loved me for it cause he

was able to plug his bluray player in one of the extra ports for his netflix since the NVR was near his TV.

I'm considering a Dahua NVR5232. I don't need 32 channels but it sounds like I have to if I don't want to max out the box with a few high res cams. Could someone please explain why that is? I thought the limitation was the max recording bandwidth. The 8/16/32 all have the same specs. Realistically I'll run 3-4 5mp cams and hopefully another 5-7 2mp cams at 10+fps. Is this the box for me? Also I was wondering if I should go with the -8P version. I hear the fan is a lot louder and the ports tend to fail. I don't mind buying one more poe switch.